Table Of Contents
The introduction of the fusion splicer machines has helped significantly in removing the dangerous sight of tangled wires hanging from the poles along the roads is capable of striking fear into the hearts of everyone, but the manufacturers have provided a solution for these tangled wires i.e. the use of optical wires. The use of optical wires has reduced the vulnerability and the risk of accidents as they are generally positioned underground. With the use of optical wires increasing every day the use of fiber optic splicer machines for splicing fiber optic cable has also increased and is considered one of the best optical wire splicing techniques.
This fusion splicer machine is a great machine that provides you with the best splicing technique quickly and easily and is also very efficient as it melts the end nodes of the wire with finesse and leaves no burn or melting marks behind.
A fusion splicer is quite a spectacular splicing machine that helps to ease the fiber fusion splicing technique for connecting two pieces of optical fiber cables. In this process, two pieces of fiber wire are joined in a precise way so that the light can travel through the fiber with consistency and without getting scattered.
Earlier the procedure for splicing fiber optic cable was usually carried out through mechanical machines but with the introduction of the splicing machine for fiber optic cable, the latter has gradually lost its ground in the splicing tools market. The fusion splicer machine helps to join the optical wires by splicing in such a manner that light does not get scattered as it passes through the two spliced ends.
The splicing machine for optic fiber cable provides the right set of tools to weld the split ends permanently to maintain the production of zero reflection consistently and effectively.
Fiber Fusion Spicing Techniquesback to menu ↑
Optical Fiber Fusion Splicer Types
The wire splicing method has been brought to use for several years but not every fusion splicer machine has produced great results and some eminent amendments were required in this field to make this mating process between the two ends of wire more effective and easier. The splicing machine for fiber optic cable came to everyone’s aid which offered various models for various purposes but with the same motif of splicing the wire.
This splicing machine for ribbon fiber is ergonomically designed new types of optical fibers that are generally used by internet service providers and cable T operators and helps in getting better outcomes.
This splicing machine with OTDR has been a great partner for the electricians as it is capable of helping an electrician to mend a buried cable that is accidentally severed with ease and comfort and the main greatest feature it has is the OTDR which makes it capable of keeping a check on the leakage of light and bandwidth.
Benefits Of Using Fusion Splicer Machine For Fiber Optic Cable
Splicing is a technique in which two optical fiber cables are joined end to end and the Fusion splicer machine for optic cable is generally preferred over the optical fiber connectors as it provides a joint which is permanent. When there is a breakage in the fiber cables or you need to join another piece to make the wire long rough to reach the preferred destination the splicing machine for optical fiber proves to be a beast in these situations. Other than this there are several other benefits that it has.
- The fusion splicing machine for fiber splicing is considered a great cost-effective machine due to its low price range.
- The splicing machine with OTDR is known to have a very low impact on the overall link performance.
- The splicing machine with OTDR provides a better and more secure environment lowering the rate of cable failures and weak signals.
- The splicing machine for ribbon fiber provides a great neat and compact solution for the splicing method.
- The joint produced by the fusion splicer machine has the highest mechanical strength and lowest back reflection.
- The joints produced by the splicing machine for ribbon fiber are permanent and effective in comparison to others.
- The wires spliced by the splicing machine can survive extremely high temperatures.
- The splicing is known to block the path of dust and contaminants from entering the wire.
- The splicing machine for ribbon fiber offers a technique that is fast and tension-free.
- The splicing machine with OTDR is an ideal choice for single-mode applications of optical fiber cables.
How Does Splicing Workback to menu ↑
How Does A Fusion Splicer Machine Work?
The fusion splicer machine is a versatile piece of equipment and is considered pretty straightforward. These machines create a fusion splicing arc which in turn produces a permanent weld that holds the two nodes of the cable firmly. For the fusion splicing process to begin the wire is prepared properly and then loaded into the holder of the splicing machine for optical fiber and the rest of the process is automated by the splicer itself.
The splicing machine for fiber optic cable is run using motors that produce a spark to burn of any contaminant over the wire and then melt the two optical wire nodes to mate them and make them one wire. The splicing machine for fiber optic cable is widely used in the big industries to mend the breakage of any optical fiber cables or join cables together to make them long enough to make them reach the designated distance.
How Are Optical Fiber Fusion Splicers Different From Mechanical Splices For Rebar?
The method used by the Fusion splicer machine and mechanical splicing machine is different, as the fusion splicing method uses an electric arc to melt the two cable nodes and mate them each other to form a permanent joint while the mechanical splicing method uses connectors to join the two cables, though it is quick and easy but provides you with a temporary solution.
- The fusion splicer machine with OTDR is costlier than a mechanical splicing machine but is considered as a one-time investment while the latter needs continuous investment which can make it costlier sometimes.
- The joints produced by the mechanical splicing machine are temporary as the cables are simply aligned and not physically joined which results in higher signal power losses whereas the joints produced by the splicing machine for ribbon fiber is permanent and thus helps to maintain a continuous connection.
How To Use A Fusion Splicer?
With great powers come greater responsibilities and a fusion splicer machine for fiber optic cable is the power you are bestowed with for joining two wires, but you have some greater responsibilities to take care of before you splice a wire. The steps that follow are the important responsibilities that you must pay head to and if you keep a foot wrong i.e make a mistake in the splicing process be prepared to bear the consequences of undesired splicing by the splicing machine for optical fiber.
- Firstly strip the fiber cable from its protective polymer coating by using a thermal stripper or mechanical stripper.
- Now cleave the fiber cable with a high precision cleaver, this process is pretty important as the quality of the cleave will ensure the quality of the splice.
- Now its time to put the fibers into the fiber holders and then start the splicing machine for fiber optic cable.
- After the process is completed put a protective sleeve on the joint to protect it from dust, dirt, and contaminates.
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
Some Popular Queries On Fusion Splicer
Can You Splice A Fiber Optic Cable?
Yes, you can be easily and effectively splice a fiber optic cable using a fusion splicer machine as its main function is to make the two nodes of an optic fiber cable join permanently by melting them with the help of an electric arc.
What Is The Best Fiber Optic Splicing Machine?
The best splicing machine for fiber optic cable is the one that provides a welded joint which is permanent. The joints made by this machine should be strong, durable, can survive extreme weather conditions while also keeping the flow of light and signal consistent without any loss in reflection and bandwidth.
How Do You Use A Splicing Machine?
Splicing of a fiber optic cable is done by splicing machine for fiber optic cable in following steps -:
1. Strip the fiber cable.
2. Cleave the fiber cable.
3. Place it in the splicing machine.
4. Cover the joint with a protective sleeve.
How Does Fiber Splicing Work?
Fiber splicing is the act of joining two optical fiber cables to make them one. The fusion splicer machine is used for this splicing process where it uses an electric arc to melt the ends of the two cables and making them mate together permanently.
What Is A Ribbon Splicing?
The splicing process in the ribbon fiber cables is similar to fiber splicing but with a slight twist, here most of the ribbon fiber cable consists of 12 fibers each, and like the other splicing here you need to strip them one by one and weld them one by one.
Read Some Of Our Most Popular Blogs Here
- Best Professional Chainsaws
- Best Brushless Impact Drivers
- Best cordless drills
- How To Test Continuity With Digital Multimeter.
- 20+ Front Yard Landscaping Ideas You Can Actually Implement.
- 12+ Must Have Gardening Tools You Should Have Right Now
Final Verdictback to menu ↑
Culminating with increasing sophistication today where users can purchase the best ‘fusion splicer machine’ development in the field of fusion splicers has been massive and it is clear with the demands rising day by day. As the world is developing towards an advanced and automated system manufacturers are also introducing new technologies to meet people’s needs and desires to improve their comfort levels. The fusion splicer can be the best solution for all your optic cable joining and welding and fusing processes. It is considered best owing to the fact that they prevent any kind of signal loss or light loss.