You have surely seen toys, helmets, or LEG bricks, but have you ever thought about the material used in making these, is it just plastic or something else? Most of these artifacts are made from the best ABS filament (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) which is a well-known material used as a filament in 3D printing works.
The ABS filament is by far the most popular plastic for injection molding and is preferred by beginners as well as professionals who are in the 3D printing business. The ABS filament for 3D printing can be used for molding musical instruments, keyboard caps, medical devices, flat-screen TVs, etc as they are easy to process and have high ductile properties. Healthy 3D printers can easily help you to use these filaments and enhance your 3D printing skills.
Best ABS Filaments
What Is The Best ABS Filament?
👉 Overall Best ABS 3D Printing Filament -: Amazon Basics ABS 3D Printer Filament
👉 Best Budget ABS Filament -: HATCHBOX ABS 3D Printer Filament
👉 Best Affordable 3D Printer filament -: SUNLU ABS 3D Printer Filament 1.75mm
👉 Best ABS Consumable Filament -: OVERTURE 1.75mm 3D Printer Consumables ABS Filament
👉 Best Inexpensive ABS Filament For 3D Printers -: JAYO ABS 3D Printer Filament 1.75mm With 2kg Spool
👉 Best Durable 3D printer Filament -: ABS Filament 1.75mm, Strength and Durable 1KG (2.2 lb)
👉 Best Color ABS Filament -: NOVAMAKER Green ABS Filament 1.75mm
👉 Best Low Cost ABS Filament -: MG Chemicals ABS17NA1 Navy Blue ABS 3D Printer Filament
👉 Best Natural Filament For 3D Printing -: Inland 1.75mm Natural ABS 3D Printer Filament
👉 Best ABS Filament For Refill -: 1.75mm ABS Printer Filament Refill Pack With 240 Linear Feet
Best ABS Filament Brands Reviews
Where To Buy ABS Filament?
Amazon Basics ABS 3D Printer Filament
Amazon Basics ABS 3D Printer Filament, 1.75mm, Black, 1 kg Spool
- 3D printer filament (1.75mm diameter, black; 1 kg spool); designed to fit most common 3D printers (check spool size for compatibility)
- Made of commonly used ABS, a strong thermoplastic material—great for creating durable items that require a higher resistance to heat
- Engineered to reduce jamming
- Backed by an Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty
- It is about 2 cm thicker
- Maximum temperature of 235C
- Pretty good for an old skool material
- Good but not great.
👉 Read Related 3D Printer Blogs- Budget Printers For Prototyping
HATCHBOX ABS 3D Printer Filament
HATCHBOX ABS 3D Printer Filament With Dimensional Accuracy +/- 0.03 mm, 1 kg Spool, 1.75 mm, Black
- 1 KG (approximately 2.20 lbs) Spool
- 1.75mm Filament Diameter (Dimensional Accuracy +/- 0.03mm)
- ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) 3D Printer Filament Vacuumed Sealed With Desiccant
- Recommended Extrusion/Nozzle Temperature 210°C - 240°C (410°F - 464°F), Use With Heated Build Platform Is Recommended
- Spool Diameter: 7.88" - Spool Width: 2.69" - Spool Hub Hole Diameter: 2.20"
- Heat-resistant filament that produces strong, attractive designs
- Highly durable and impact resistant
- Prints fantastic, sticks to the glass print bed with minimal effort
- A tad bit overpriced
SUNLU ABS 3D Printer Filament 1.75mm
SUNLU ABS 3D Printer Filament 1.75mm With Dimensional Accuracy +/- 0.02 mm, 1 kg Spool (Black, 1KG)
- 【Strong and Durable ABS Filaments】---SUNLU premium ABS filaments Made of commonly used ABS, a strong thermoplastic material—great for creating durable items that require a higher resistance to heat. ABS can be used for full functional models, and is the closest material to real production models. Why we love it: Requires less manual finishing Process in acetone for polished finish.
- 【Dimensional Accuracy & Consistency】These tough ABS filaments to be strict tolerances. Diameter 1.75mm, dimensional accuracy + / - 0.02 mm without any exaggeration; 1 kg spool (2.2lbs)
- 【Clog-Free, Bubble-Free & Easy-to-use】--- Complete drying for 24 hours before packaging and vacuum sealed with desiccants in nylon re bag. Recommended ABS Filament Extrusion/Nozzle Temperature 230-240℃, bed 85℃ .
- 【Wide Compatibility】 --- Works and harmonizes perfectly with all common 1.75mm FDM 3D printers, thanks to the high quality standards in terms of manufacturing accuracy and the small tolerance in diameter of +/- 0.02mm.
- 【Risk-Free】 --- One-month free trial, 30 day Money-back if you’re not satisfied. Spool Diameter: 8" - Spool Width: 2.5" - Spool Hub Hole Diameter: 2.20
- Widely compatible
- Tangle free design
- Very pleasant to work with, non smelling ABS
- Not as such
OVERTURE 1.75mm 3D Printer Consumables ABS Filament
OVERTURE 1.75mm 3D Printer Consumables ABS Filament with Build Surface 200mm × 200mm, 1kg Spool (2.2lbs), Dimensional Accuracy +/- 0.05 mm For FDM Printer (Black 1-Pack)
- [Less Odor, Less Warping & Bubble-Free] -- This ABS is made with a specialty bulk-polymerized ABS resin, which has significantly lower volatile content compared to traditional ABS resins. It delivers excellent printing quality with minimal odor and low warpage during printing. Complete drying for 24 hours before vacuum packaging. Enclosed chamber is required for better printing quality and durability when printing big parts with ABS filaments
- [High Stability and Durability] -- OVERTURE ABS Roll are made by commonly used ABS, a strong and tough thermoplastic polymer—great for creating parts which needs to be resistant to high temperatures; Due to the high stability and various post-processing options (sanding, painting, gluing, filling), our ABS filaments are excellent choice for engineering production or prototyping
- [More Humanized Design & Easy to Use] -- Grid layout on the surface for easy resizing; with length/ weight gauge and viewing hole on the reel so that you can easily figure out the remaining filaments; more filaments clip holes for fixing purpose on the reel; Larger spool inner diameter design makes feeding smoother
- [Dimensional Accuracy & Consistency]-- advanced CCD diameter measuring and self-adaptive control system in the manufacturing guarantee these ABS filaments of 1.75 mm diameter, dimensional accuracy +/- 0.05 mm; 1 kg spool (2.2lbs)
- [Cost-effective and Wide Compatibility] -- With over 8 years’ 3D filaments R & D experience, thousands tons of filaments output every month, Overture is capable of manufacturing all kinds of filaments in large scale with premium quality, which contribute to Overture filament cost-effective and reliable for most common 3D printers, such as MK3, Ender 3, Monoprice FlashForge and more
- Delivers excellent printing quality
- Grid layout on the surface for easy resizing
- Appears To Be Quality Filament
- Not the best, but the best for its price
JAYO ABS 3D Printer Filament 1.75mm With 2kg Spool
JAYO ABS 3D Printer Filament 1.75mm With 2kg Spool (4.4lbs), Accuracy +/- 0.02 mm, No Tangle, No Clogging, Tougher Than PLA, For FDM Printers
- 【ABOUT JAYO ABS FILAMENT】：JAYO is authorized by SUNLU 3D manufacturer. It's a new brand of SUNLU Group, offer premium 3D printer filament,3D printer,3D pen. All JAYO filament is under SUNLU manufacturer warranty support.
- 【1.75mm diameter & +/- 0.02 mm Dimensional 】: 2 kg spool (4.4lbs); Advanced CCD diameter measuring and self-adaptive control system in the manufacturing ensures strict tolerances.
- 【Wide compatibility】：JAYO ABS filament 1.75mm recommended extrusion/nozzle temperature 230°C - 270°C, bed 85°C. JAYO ABS Works and harmonizes perfectly with all common 1.75mm FDM 3D printers.
- 【STRONGER TOUGHNESS & LESS BRITTLENESS】: JAYO ABS 3D Printer Filament has excellent impact strength and wear resistance. Applicable to equipment with heating device on the bottom plate, which can print models with strong print strength and subsequent processing.
- 【SMOOTH & STABLE PRINTING】: JAYO 3D promises no tangles, no bubbles and no clogs due to SUNLU rigid manufacturing quality control. Its performance is stable with smooth extrusion and excellent adhesion, without stringing and warping issues under optimal settings.
- Print temp: 230-260ºC
- Strong impact resistance, strength, and durability.
- Great abs filament if you can master first layer adhesion!
- Not as such
ABS Filament 1.75mm, Strength and Durable 1KG (2.2 lb)
ABS Filament 1.75mm, Strength and Durable 1KG (2.2 lb)
- ▷【Strength and Durable ABS Filament 】:ABS Filament is a sturdy thermoplastic material, which is very suitable for making durable items with high temperature resistance.
- ▷【ABS Filament No Nozzle Jamming 】 : Purity ABS filament raw materials and high precision diameter tolerance, 1.75mm +/-0.02mm. Strict control of uniform ABS filament diameter and selection of high-quality raw materials to avoid nozzle jamming caused by impurities and diameters. Easy handling, minimal deformation.
- ▷【Premium Quality 1.75MM ABS Filament 】: Get smooth extrusion. Uniform winding of 3D printer filament free of getting tangle. ABS filament high toughness and strong layer adhesion leads to the first perfect printed layer.
- ▷【Recommended Printing Temp/Nozzle Temperature】 : ABS 3d filament suggest printing temperature is 230-270°C - Base Plate Temperature: 80-120°C.
- ▷【Vacuum Package with Desiccant 】 : Enotepad 1.75mm 3D Printer Filament is carefully vacuum packed with desiccant to maintain a low moisture content. And keep it dry and keep dust and foreign objects away, prevent nozzle jams.
- Printing temperature of 230-270 degree Celsius
- Vacuum package with desiccant
- Good stuff. Prints well with stock settings
- Good filament but requires a bit of tweaking before you start printing with it
NOVAMAKER Green ABS Filament 1.75mm
NOVAMAKER Green ABS Filament 1.75mm With 1kg Spool(2.2lbs), Dimensional Accuracy +/- 0.03mm, For FDM 3D Printer and 3D Pen
- ✅【Risk-Free Service】One-month free trial, Lifetime Quality Promise and Money Return Service if you’re not entirely satisfied. Professional printing advice from technique support team make sure your prints SMOOTH & STABLE.
- ✅【High Stability and Durability ABS Filaments】Made by TAIWAN virgin ABS material with best performance, Less Odor, Less Warping & Clog-Free, Bubble-Free. Stronger than PLA and PETG, Ensure Diameter 1.75mm + / - 0.03 mm.
- ✅【Tangle-Free Tips】1kg Green ABS Filament dried 24 hours before packaging and vacuum sealed with nylon bag. To Avoid being Tangled, Filament should be fix into Spool Holes after Every Time Use.
- ✅【Printing Tips】Recommended Printing Temperature 230°C - 260°C, Bed 85°C - 100°C. ABS Spool Diameter: 7.8" - Spool Width: 2.6" - Spool Hub Hole Diameter: 2.1".
- ✅【Cost-effective & Wide Compatibility】Manufacturer NovaMaker has over 8years 3D filament R&D experiences, and produce all kinds of filaments in large scale with premium quality, which contribute to 3d filament cost-effective and reliable for 1.75mm FDM 3D printers + 3D Pen.
- +/- 0.03mm tolerance
- High compatibility with 3D printers
- Shrinks less, stinks more.
- Turns out great but had to be dried out
MG Chemicals ABS17NA1 Navy Blue ABS 3D Printer Filament
MG Chemicals ABS17NA1 Navy Blue ABS 3D Printer Filament, 1.75 mm, 1 kg Spool
- Navy Blue
- 1.75 mm diameter, ABS filament, 1 Kg (2.2 lbs) net weight
- Suggested print temperature ranges from 230 to 240°C (446-464°F)
- Vacuum Sealed With Desiccant, in resealable bags
- Spool Diameter: 7.75" - Spool Width: 2.5" - Spool Hub Diameter: 3.5" - Hub Hole Diameter: 2.125"
- Spool is designed with a large hub for uniform winding
- Can be vapour smoothed, dissolved and welded in 434 Acetone.
- Excellent material, glows well and is strong
- Great when you get it figured out
Inland 1.75mm Natural ABS 3D Printer Filament
Inland 1.75mm Natural ABS 3D Printer Filament - 1kg Spool (2.2 lbs)
- ABS FILAMENT SPECS: 1 KG (approximately 2.20 lbs) Per Cardboard Spool 1.75mm Filament Diameter (Dimensional Accuracy +/- 0.03mm)
- ABS FILAMENT PRINT SETTINGS: Recommended Extrusion/Nozzle Temperature: 240°C - 260°C (464°F - 500°F) Recommended Bed Temperature: 80°C - 110°C (176°F - 230°F) Spool Diameter: 8.81 in. (223.77 mm) - Spool Width: 2.81 in. (71.37 mm) - Spool Hub Hole Diameter: 2.00 in. (50.80 mm)
- INLAND ABS FILAMENT: Designed with the highest quality and compatibility in mind, Inland ABS Filament undergoes numerous testing procedures to ensure that you spend less time troubleshooting and more time printing! ABS is made from durable thermoplastic and is utilized for prints that are frequently handled, dropped, or in may be stored in high temperatures such as phone cases, sport camera mounts, toys, tools, electrical enclosures etc.
- EASY-TO-USE: The Inland ABS filament melts evenly and feeds smoothly into your 3D Printer creating defined corners, creating a durable, strong print. Produce your best print with our no-clog, bubble-free filaments. The Inland filament can be used with most 1.75MM FDM and FFF 3D Printers. To keep your filament tangle free do not let go of the filament on the spool! Always hold the spool and filament tightly, do not allow your filament to spring back.
- NEW CARDBOARD SPOOL: ABS filament is non-toxic and comes with a cardboard spool in a cardboard box. *Please Note* You may receive either the plastic spool or cardboard spool for a short duration. Your filament will arrive completely dried and vacuum sealed with desiccant to ensure a high-quality smooth print.
- Extrusion Temperature of 240°C – 260°C
- Compatible with the majority of 3D printers
- Adheres to bed like a champ, very low shrinkage
- Color quality is bit lacking
1.75mm ABS Printer Filament Refill Pack With 240 Linear Feet
1.75mm ABS Printer Filament Refill Pack With 240 Linear Feet in 20 Foot Lengths Per Color, 80 Stencil E-Book & Bonus Glow in The Dark Color
- 12 UNIQUE COLORS & 80 STENCIL EBOOK - Comes with a great variety of 12 unique colors that includes a BONUS glow-in-the-dark color to give you more options when creating your artistic masterpiece. A fun, useful E-Book of 80 3D Pen Stencils is included! You will receive 30 3-Dimensional stencils and 50 2-Dimensional stencils. Don't miss out on this fun sampler pack and ebook! KIDS LOVE IT. GREAT FOR GIFTS.
- 240 LINEAR FEET OF MATERIAL - Filament comes in 1.75mm ABS 20 foot strands of each 12 individual colors. With this amount of filament the sky is the limit and provides great variety and fun.
- USED IN 3D PENS AND PRINTERS - This pack can be used for all types of 3D printing and is excellent for detailed and demanding applications. It works with most well-known 3D pens and printers. The temperature range for this product is 210°C - 250°C along with a tolerance of +/- 0.05mm. The first layer temp is 235°C along with a heated bed temperature of 110°C. These are overall projected specs and may vary with the printer.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL GRADE A 100% VIRGIN - Our pack of ABS filament are carefully crafted with premium grade material and the consistency of the round diameter provides optimum flow through the extruder, tube, and nozzle.
- MANUFACTURER GUARANTEE - 3D Artist Supply backs their products with a Lifetime Money Back Guarantee, no matter where you buy our product. If you're not satisfied, simply contact us and get a full refund.
- Comes with a great variety of 12 unique colors
- Filament comes in 1.75mm ABS 20 foot strands
- Great quality, even greater value
- Doesn’t work with the 3D Create
What Is An ABS 3D Printer Filament?
An ABS 3D printer filament as the name suggests the ABS stands for Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene which is one of the most popular forms of plastics which is used as a filament for 3D printers. The ABS filament for 3D printing was introduced in the 1940s and was instantly marketed as an alternative to Bakelite but it originally gained popularity on a worldwide basis only after 1950 and over time it has gained a significant place in the market of 3D printing filaments. The ABS 3D printer filament is also a great option when printing with FDM/FFF printers because they are readily available, provides great strength, durability and other remarkable features making it highly ideal in manufacturing low-cost prototypes.
Types Of Best ABS Filament For 3D Printing
The ABS 3D printer filament is a part of the polymers family and is one of the most popular plastics used today and is also one of the first plastics to be used in the industrial 3D printing as it is easy to process, easily machined, sanded and glued. The ABS filament for 3D printing is commonly used in LEGO bricks, home appliances, toys and bicycle helmets.
Properties Of ABS 3D Printer Filament
The ABS 3D printer filament has become one of the most versatile and used plastic for several decades now as it has been highly used by various industries for manufacturing toys, artifacts, and other innovative objects. It is considered as one of the strong 3D printer filaments owing to the special properties it provides you with.
- The 3D printer filament for miniatures is quite lightweight but has a good impact strength.
- The ABS 3D printer filament is abrasion-resistant and affordable.
- It is a strong 3D printer filament as it is capable of withstanding a lot of chemical formulas.
- 105-degree Celcius is the glass transition temperature of PC ABS 3D printer filament making it ideal for use in relatively safe home appliances.
- The ABS 3D printer filament melting point is low which makes it highly ideal for making miniatures, furthermore makes it easier to work with this filament.
- It is considered a strong 3D printer filament as it makes the injection molding process easier and efficient.
What Is A Strong 3D Printer Filament Made Of?
How Much Filament Does A 3D Printer Use?
The ABS 3D printer filament is a versatile filament that is strong as well as easier to work with on all fronts which makes it ideal for making various artifacts, toys, appliances, etc. The strong 3D printer filament is just not based on the strength it provides on its products but all the features and properties that are mixed make them stronger.
The amount of filament required by a 3D printer solely depends on the magnitude of its use as there are various filaments found in the market starting from ASA, FPE, PP, PLA, and of course ABS, all these filaments are defined by their features and densities.
The amount of filament required by the PC ABS 3D printer filament is greater as it is used in making appliances like monitors, smart-screen TVs, and other household appliances. The 3D printer filament for miniatures requires a less amount of filament as it is commonly used for making small artifacts, toys, helmets, and other miniature products. The amount of ABS filament for 3D printing is also determined by the failure rates you experience while working with them.
Things To Consider While Buying The Best ABS Filament For 3D Printing
Finding an ABS 3D printer filament that can meet all your needs of printing and manufacturing and is compatible with your printer can be quite difficult and might give you a severe headache as they come in a variety of materials providing a variety of functions. These filaments come in varied shapes, sizes, designs, colors, and densities, and to choose the best you should be well versed with the knowledge of their functionalities and the things that you should look for in these filaments.
Best ABS 3D Printers
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Queries On ABS Filament
What is ABS Filament for 3D printer?
AS the name suggests ABS stands for Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene and this ABS 3D printer filament belongs to the family of thermoplastic polymers and is highly effective in helping out with the manufacturing process of toys, helmets, monitors and several other useful products.
Can you 3D print ABS plastic?
The use of the ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) dates way back to the 1940s and 50s when it became a popular and first plastic to be used in the industrial3D printers, as it has a low melting point but shows great resistance towards heat, pressure and everyday chemicals.
What is ABS filament good for?
The ABS 3D printer filament is a versatile filament belonging toy the family of polymers which not only provides great mechanical properties but also provides good results together with making the work easier and affordable.
Is ABS harder than PLA?
PLA is another filament used in 3D printers which offer quite similar features but the biggest difference is that it tends to lose its colour when stored but are renewable while ABS 3D printer filament is sought after as it can be softened and used again and again which makes it highly popular on a global basis.
Is ABS cheaper than PLA?
When ABS 3d printer filament is compared with the PLA filament it is observed that both of them are inexpensive and fall in the same costing range but the difference is in their densities where ABS (1.04 g/ cubic centimetre) is less dense than PLA (1.24 g/ cubic centimetre) is much denser which also affects the cost of these filaments.
Culminating with increasing sophistication today where users can purchase the best ‘ABS 3D printer filament’ development in the field of 3D printer filament has been massive and it is clear with the demands rising day by day. As the world is developing towards an advanced and automated system manufacturers are also introducing new technologies to meet people’s needs and desires and improve their comfort levels. Thus it’s high time now to let go of your old traditional filaments and bought an ABS filament for 3D printing as it is not only strong and durable but also offers several other features that are highly helpful in letting you make sophisticated as well as hardy things with ease.