Best Dehumidifier For Bathroom
Dehumidifier For Bathroom Reviews, Types, Advantages, tips, Buyer’s Guidelines, and Many More…
A lot of people don’t realize that humidity and dampness in the bathroom can result in mildew, mold, and other bacteria. This is because bathrooms are usually wet or moist environments with a high level of moisture. By using a dehumidifier for bathroom, you can reduce the humidity levels to prevent these issues from appearing. You may find that this will also help keep your home cleaner by preventing dust mites from proliferating as well!
Dehumidifiers for bathroom work by removing excess water vapors from the air help maintain healthy room conditions while reducing condensation on windows and mirrors. In areas like the bathroom where there is always plenty of steam created through showering or bathing, it’s important to use a dehumidifier for bathroom. In this article, we will provide a detailed guide that will help you to buy the best dehumidifier for bathroom. We have also tested different products and listed the top 9 dehumidifier for bathroom that you can buy.
If You are in hurry, check out these best quality products
9 Best Dehumidifier For Bathroom
What is a Dehumidifier for Bathroom
One of the most important things in a bathroom is its proper ventilation. No matter how big or small your bathroom, you should make sure that it gets enough fresh air and light from the surroundings. Sometimes, bathrooms are made too tiny which makes things worse. If there is not enough ventilation, the humidity in the bathroom will increase which makes it a perfect place for mold and mildew to grow.
A dehumidifier is an amazing device that can make your bathroom livable and reduce the humidity level at the same time. We have already seen how important it is to control the air temperature in the bathroom and with humidity levels being so high, it’s pretty hard to eliminate mold spores. While the shower is on, your bathtub and all the other surfaces can get wet which makes them a perfect place for mold and mildew to grow. And if you have tiles on your floor or walls in the bathroom then there are big chances that you will notice some kind of mold and mildew growth in the future.
The bathroom dehumidifier will catch all the excess moisture from the air and you won’t have to worry about bathing with dry skin after showering or leaving your clothes wet which is pretty uncomfortable when it comes to towels. Dehumidifiers are very necessary for your bathroom, garage, and crawlspaces to prevent the breeding of molds.
Types of a Dehumidifier for Bathroom
1. Compressor-Based Dehumidifiers
A compressor-based dehumidifier for bathroom uses a refrigerant and, thus, requires a condenser fan to help cool it down. They are much more expensive than the standard dehumidifier. The reason why many choose this product is that it can remove moisture from large spaces because of the high-powered compressor. They are also very quiet and are able to run for long periods of time with little maintenance required.
2. Thermo-Electric Dehumidifiers
Thermo-electric dehumidifiers work by using a Peltier element, which is used in place of the condenser fan. This product does not have a fan, which means that it will not be able to cool the compressor and therefore should only be used in small spaces. They are more expensive than other dehumidifiers because they have high-end electronic parts.
3. Refrigerant Dehumidifiers
This type of product works by using a condenser and refrigerant. They are very similar to the compressor-based dehumidifiers, except that they do not have a compressor. Therefore, they can be used in spaces that need less humidity removed. They may also work better than other types of dehumidifiers in colder temperatures.
4. Desiccant Dehumidifiers
Desiccant dehumidifiers do not use refrigerant or a compressor. Instead, they contain a desiccant cartridge that is used to help remove moisture from the air through an adsorption process. This type of product comes with appropriate discs or gels that need to be placed inside of it so that it can remove moisture from the air effectively.
Dual-purpose dehumidifiers are used for both industrial and residential purposes. These dehumidifiers for bathroom work by controlling humidity in enclosed areas like wine cellars, closets, or crawl spaces. The product is easy to use and can be placed on the ground or mounted on the wall. It has a sensor to alert you when the humidity is too high or too low and should be emptied.
This type of dehumidifier for bathroom comes with a built-in drain pump, which makes it easier to empty the water collected from the air. It can also collect water from hard surfaces like floors so that you do not have to empty the dehumidifier as frequently.
What Makes a Dehumidifier Perfect for Bathrooms
- Humidity Removal
For those who have sensitive skin and suffer from asthma attacks, the humidity in your bathroom is probably what makes it uncomfortable to be there. A dehumidifier for bathroom can take out as much as 70% of excess moisture in a room, which means that you won’t need to worry about dealing with these types of problems when using one.
Floors and walls in your bathroom are most likely made out of warm materials like wood or tile, which can retain humidity rather easily. A dehumidifier for bathroom will help dry things up, making it more comfortable for you to use the restroom without worrying about moisture damage.
- Lightweight Design
A lot of people who have used dehumidifiers in the past have complained about how difficult and heavy they are to move around, but this isn’t always necessary. In fact, there are models available that only weigh around 10 pounds; much lighter than more bulky units. This makes it easier for anyone to carry the unit from one room to another.
2. Shut-Off Functions
Some dehumidifiers have automatic shut-off functions, which will turn off the machine when it reaches a certain moisture level or when it runs out of water so that you don’t need to worry about constantly turning it off and on. Some even have indicators that light up to tell you that the machine is on or has shut off for some reason or another.
These are standard things that you’d find on most dehumidifiers, but it’s worth pointing out how helpful they can be to someone who might not have used one before. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with using an older model as long as it still works well.
3. Defrosting Coils
If using a dehumidifier for bathroom in the winter, you’ll need to make sure that the coils don’t freeze over because this can cause some serious damage to your unit. Some models offer to defrost modes so that they will shut off until the ice melts and then kick back again. This is definitely something to keep in mind when you’re making your choice.
It’s also useful if the defrost mode comes with an automatic shutoff function, just in case there are some power outages that prevent it from turning back on after the coils have defrosted.
Why do you Need a Dehumidifier for Bathroom
1. Prevents Damp Patches
By dehumidifying the surroundings, one can stop moisture absorption and hence rid humidity from the home overall. Moisture in wooden floors, walls, furniture, and other objects will reduce their durability as well as creating damp spots. Dehumidifiers working at low temperatures can help to remove humidity and moisture from the air within a room. This enables it to reduce the effects of humidity in your home which will prevent any damp patches from appearing on wooden floors, walls, or furniture.
The dehumidifier is capable of reducing the humidity levels in a room by drawing away excess moisture from the air which helps to eliminate any damp patches
2. Prevents Bacteria Build up
Bacteria can grow in warm, humid places as this is a favorable condition for microorganisms including fungi and bacteria to grow, flourish and multiply quickly. If left unchecked molds will spread rapidly through damp areas of your home, causing a build-up of mold.
By removing the moisture, humid conditions can be kept at bay and prevent the growth of bacteria which will help to keep your home clean and protected from any damaging germs.
3. Cleanse the Air
Damp rooms with low ventilation are a perfect breeding ground for molds, bacteria, mildew, and other airborne particles. As a result, the air in these areas will become stale and musty causing you to feel uncomfortable when spending time indoors.
By dehumidifying your home, it is possible to expel harmful particles from the air making it healthier for you and your family as well as removing any lingering damp or odors left behind after showering4. Saves Energy :
Over time, your dehumidifier will actually pay for itself by helping to reduce the load on your air conditioning and heating appliances. With a dehumidifier for bathroom running in your home you can expect to save an average of£60* a year on energy bills!
4. No more lingering clouds after a shower
When you have taken a long hot shower there is often a mist of steam that lingers in the air for some time after your shower. This can make it difficult to see clearly as well as leaving the bathroom feeling humid and damp when you are done with cleaning up. This is because while you had your hot steamy shower there was a lot of moisture in the air and when it evaporates into the surrounding air, it leaves droplets of water vapor.
5. Protects the Interior of Your Home
Damp humid environments can cause damage to your furniture which will break down and wear out much faster than normal if exposed for long periods of time. With a dehumidifier running you can expect to protect your furniture and save money on costly repairs.
6. Increases temperature comfort
The right level of humidity for any space is important for the feeling of warmth and comfort in a room when people are spending time indoors. In fact, studies have shown that approximately 70% of people consider humidity to be a key factor in determining how comfortable they felt when compared with temperature.
High levels of humidity can make people feel sticky and uncomfortable while low levels bring about a feeling of dryness making it difficult for the skin to breathe and creating conditions that damage furniture.
Key Features of the best Dehumidifier for bathroom
- Capacity– one of the most important features that you need to look out for is capacity, as it determines the size of the area that can be dehumidified at one time. An average bathroom can weigh around 300-400 Grams per Square meter. This means that if your bathroom has a size of 20m² (215 ft²) then the capacity of the dehumidifier you buy should be between 12-15 Liters. Remember that this is just an estimate and not a definite set of rules.
- The Noise Level – No one wants to hear the buzzing noise from their bathroom while they are trying to relax. Also, if you have other appliances or electronics present in your bathroom, make sure that they won’t be interfered with by the dehumidifier’s noise.
- Purification– Purification is one of the most important features to look out for. All dehumidifiers are not made equal. Some of them leave behind mildew or moldy smell, while others have no odor at all. Make sure that before you finalize on any one dehumidifier for your bathroom that you check up its rating in terms of purification.
- Portability– Portability is another feature that you need to make sure of before you purchase your dehumidifier. Although it will be inconvenient at first to drain the water out of the machine every day, it will add up to your health benefits in the long run, as well as keeping your bathroom clean always. The best dehumidifier for your bathroom should be able to drain out the water from its own body.
- Automatic Shut Of Feature– if you are going out and you are worried that someone might forget to shut down the machine before leaving, then this feature is important for you. It consists of an electronic sensor that automatically shuts off the unit whenever the temperature rises above a certain level.
- Automatic Defrost Feature– If you live in an area where the humidity is too low and there is no need to defrost your dehumidifier, or if you have one that does not require defrosting at all, then this feature would be unimportant for you. But it is important if you live in an area where large amounts of ice are formed within the unit, thus making it heavy to carry around and use.
- Humidistat– If you have a humidistat in your bathroom then make sure that the dehumidifier for bathroom has one too. This feature allows for better control of the humidity levels in your bathroom. It is important for normalizing the humidity levels in your bathroom, especially if you have children and pets.
- Automatic Reset– This feature ensures that the dehumidifier for bathroom turns itself back on after it automatically shuts off or an automatic drain cycle has been completed. It basically resets itself to its original settings after a certain period of time.
- Drainage– As earlier stated, you will be draining the water from your dehumidifier for bathroom every day. Make sure that it does not pose any problems for you to drain out the water. Some have removable drainage filters, while others use a gravity drain system or a pump with a hose attached to it.
- Easy use and maintenance-The best dehumidifier for bathroom should be easy to use and maintain. It should have a simple control system, with only the necessary buttons present on it. Also, it should be able to hold more water if you are looking out for such a feature in your machine.
Detailed Product Review
Detailed Product Review Of the Best Dehumidifier for Bathroom
Pro Breeze Electric Portable Mini Dehumidifier for Bathroom
- Large Coverage area– The Pro Breeze Dehumidifier is a powerful dehumidifier that can effectively cover up to 2200 cubic feet, removing up to 9 ounces of water per day. This unit covers an area from 215 square feet to 2000+ sq ft and uses advanced technology for maximum efficiency in the smallest amount of time! The Pro Breeze Dehumidifier removes up to 9 oz of moisture every day all while functioning as one room’s air purification system (upwards of 1000 CFM). The filterless design eliminates clogs you might find on other models with filters.
- Auto Shut-Off– Full of moisture, this working dehumidifier will automatically shut off when the tank is full and an LED light turns on to indicate that it’s time for water draining. Remove its reservoir from the machine with care (it may be heavy) until all excess liquid has been removed before returning it back inside so you can go about your business in a drier environment again.
- Lightweight, Compact, and Portable– This lightweight, compact, and portable water purifier can remove up to 9 ounces of impurities from your drinking water. It has a 16-ounce capacity for removing harmful bacteria or other contaminants with its innovative design that uses ultraviolet light technology. The only drawback is it won’t work effectively when you’re using the device in colder climates below 15°C / 59°F because UV rays are more effective at higher temperatures – but this problem doesn’t affect most users who live closer to sea level anyway!
- Ultra-Quiet & Energy Efficient– The Whisper fan is the perfect solution for those who want to maintain a quiet environment, whether at home or in their workspace. The ultra-quiet electric motor operates with an output of 23W per hour and produces only 0.55kWh after running for 24 hours while still providing powerful airflow! The humless design means that you’ll never get tired of being stuck near a square machine–you can barely hear it working from across a room even on its highest setting! Plus, this it’s so energy efficient with just one measly watt used every eight minutes (not five like other models!), your electricity bill won’t take as big of a hit either way: you’re saving money both keeping things nice and cool no matter where life takes.
- Lowers Humidity– The mini dehumidifier is perfect for humid spaces in your home, like the kitchen or bathroom. It will help you combat excess humidity that can cause mold growth and other problems. Unlike a full-size dehumidifier which must operate at 59-86 degrees Fahrenheit to function properly, this one only needs an optimal temperature of 41ºF!
- It is lightweight and portable.
- It is too easy to install.
- It shuts off automatically once the tank is full.
- It comes with a large water tank.
- It is not that long-lasting.
SEAVON Small Dehumidifiers for Bathroom
- Highly Efficient Dehumidifier-It’s never been easier to keep your home fresh and clean with a mini dehumidifier from Hengda! Smaller than the average table, this powerful little machine can extract up to 300ml of moisture in just one day. Plus, it has higher efficiency levels when preventing mold growth thanks to its 85% relative humidity level – some even call that magic.
- Ultra-Quiet Dehumidifier– The small dehumidifier uses Peltier technology, which means it has a much quieter noise level than your average humidifier. Its working noise is 30-35dB without making loud or annoying noises. Perfect for use at night and in smaller rooms where you don’t want to bother others with louder running machines that generate more unwanted sounds like beeping during operation as well as when they are off.
- Smart Power Auto-Shutoff– The mini dehumidifier for the bathroom with a water level controller is the perfect product to keep your room dry and free of any musty smells. This innovative machine has an automatic shut-off function that can be set according to how often you empty it out, making sure there are no unpleasant surprises on laundry day! The indicator light turns red when full so nothing goes wrong while in use or between uses.
- Portable Size for Multiple Scenes– This small and portable dehumidifier is perfect for any room in your homes, such as the kitchen, bathroom, or bedroom. It will work anywhere from 41 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit so it’s a great investment if you live in an area with higher temperature swings!
- It efficiently dehumidifies your bathroom.
- It makes no noise while functioning.
- It automatically shuts off once the humidity level comes to the normal level.
- It can be easily carried from one place to another.
- The power cord gets hot after few hours of use.
Letsport Compact Dehumidifier for Bathroom
- Upgraded Dehumidification-Keep your home’s moisture levels below 45% and say goodbye to wet days! The Letsport portable dehumidifier is equipped with a 24oz water tank that can provide 700-1000ml of fresh dry air per day in a humid environment. It has better features than other 2000ML, low noise level, and easy portability make this an ideal product for those room sizes up to 480 sq ft. Its improved airflow quality brings healthy conditions inside homes or offices without any fuss at all.
- Super Quiet Dehumidifier-The electric dehumidifier operates without a compressor while its working noise stays at less than 45dB which provides you with 24/7 comfort in silence (without disturbing) throughout the day as well nighttime hours! It comes equipped with full energy efficiency from using a UL-certified power cord that prevents heat buildup when running on high volume settings – protecting both adults AND children alike.
- Auto Shut Off to Save Your Electricity Bill– This bathroom dehumidifier is the perfect addition to your home! This sleek and easy-to-use device removes dampness from any enclosed space with minimal effort. It has a two-liter water tank that automatically shuts off when full, reducing the need for constant attention. The integrated automatic shut-off protection prevents overflows in case of power outages or other emergencies while saving you time and money on utility bills every month!
- Compact & Portable– It’s the size of a can, so you could easily put it anywhere. The Mini Dehumidifier is great for high humidity in small places like your bathroom, basement, or even closet! No more humid and moldy annoyance with this little product that quenches thirstiness better than any other dehumidifiers out there.
- Create A Healthy & Comfortable Environment– One button control with just one touch, the dehumidifier for your bathroom starts working when humidity is over 45%. This means it gets rid of moisture that doesn’t make you feel sticky and dry. Plus, this basement dehumidifier extends the life on furniture too! It’s also a great gift idea–perfect to give to friends or family members who are looking for someone else in their lives they can count on as well.
- It is very much compact and portable.
- It is too easy to install.
- It saves a lot of energy for you.
- It functions quietly.
- Not ideal for large bathrooms.
Eva-Dry Wireless Mini Dehumidifier
- Easy to use– This mini dehumidifier is perfect for every household. It’s spill and mess-free, non-toxic to humans or animals, and safe around small children. The best part? This little powerhouse can dry up a room of any size with 333 cubic feet! Your home will be neat and fresh in no time flat – just hang it up anywhere you need some relief from the wet air…
- Goes Long Way– These silica gel beads in the Super Dry dehumidifier unit can last up to 20-30 days before needing a recharge. The 6oz capacity means that it will easily target small areas like your car or boat – just remember not to use this device where people are likely going to be breathing, such as bedrooms and offices!
- Small and Sleek– THE portable small design that lets you hang or conveniently place the dehumidifier anywhere to fight pesky humidity! Cars, closets, boats, cabinets, and even gym bags are not safe from this high-quality product. This cool gift is perfect for everyone with a home to protect or just wanting fresher air in their life so go ahead – give it as your next present!
- Cordless Dehumidifier-No need for power cords or batteries! Charge your device and say goodbye to pesky moisture with this renewable, rechargeable moisture absorber. The last line of defense is here: the Ozmoisture Absorber.
- It is too easy to use.
- It is lightweight and portable.
- It is highly effective in the bathroom.
- It saves a lot of energy for you.
- It gets too hot sometimes.
SEAVON Dehumidifiers for Bathroom
- High Efficient Dehumidification– SEAVON 4th generation dehumidifiers upgraded with thermoelectric cooling technology and a 61oz water tank, ensure 750ml per day dehumidification (at 86℉,80%RH) better than others electric mini dehumidifiers. Ideal for rooms up to 5000 cubic feet (510 sq ft). Note: If the air temperature is ＜59℉(15 ℃), the effect of the SEAVON’s De-Humidity will not be obvious; it also cannot work when temperatures drop below 41°F(5 degrees Celsius or 5 °C).
- Ultra-Quiet Technology-The electric dehumidifier powered by advanced technology with no compressor is whisper-quiet, so you can sleep soundly while it operates. At only 39dB without annoying sounds, this product offers a tranquil environment for rest and relaxation.
- More Convenient Remote Control& Working Mode– The compact dehumidifier has three modes so you can choose the best setting for any situation. When in STRONG MODE, it will run at high fan speed to reduce humidity quickly and efficiently. If you want a quieter environment with decreased power consumption, the ULTRA-QUIET SLEEP MODE is perfect for this! This mode doesn’t compromise on functionality; when asleep your sleep won’t be interrupted by the sound of running water as it operates quietly without compromising effectiveness or quality.
- Auto Shut Off-When the water tank is full, this portable dehumidifier will automatically shut off. The light turns red when it’s time to drain out any excess moisture and put back in the more fresh air. It only takes a few seconds before you’re refreshed again!
- Keep a Healthy Environment-The SEAVON dehumidifier is a wonderful invention that will help you breathe easier and keep your furniture in good condition. It has one-button control, making it easy to use for everyone from grade-schoolers to senior citizens with limited mobility. The portable design lets the unit be placed anywhere there’s high humidity – like basements and bathrooms. This efficient machine can collect moisture over 45% more quickly than other units on the market today, releasing fresh air without leaving any sticky or dry feeling behind!
- The one-click feature makes it too easy to use.
- It automatically switches off once the tank is full.
- It makes no noise while operating.
- It dehumidifies your bathroom efficiently.
- Not ideal for large space.
SEAVON Dehumidifier With Two Working Mode
- High Efficient Dehumidification– The SEAVON portable dehumidifier is extremely effective at removing moisture from the air. In a humid environment of 86 degrees, and 80% relative humidity it can extract up to 16 ounces (450 milliliters) daily! It’s so powerful that you should keep your home below 45 percent for optimal efficiency – but don’t worry thanks to this product if there are ever any problems with excess moisture in your house or bathroom.
- Colorful Night Lights & Auto Shut Off– The electric dehumidifier is set with 7 changing lights (that can be turned on or off), and it creates a sweet, romantic sleeping atmosphere for you. It has an Auto Shut Off function to prevent the water from overflowing when not in use at home. This bedroom humidifier also makes using it very safe and convenient!
- Two Working Modes & Ultra Quiet– The dehumidifier is designed with high speed, the low speed that meets all kinds of dehumidification requirements. You can freely switch between 2 modes. The low-speed mode is super quiet and perfect for bedrooms or offices while the fast mode engages an incredible 70dB making it suitable for bathrooms.
- Space Saving & Portable– The Dehumidifier is small and cylindrical, perfect for use in the home. This machine can be used to control humidity levels throughout your house, including kitchens and basements. The optimal operating temperature of this device is 59-104°F (15°C). It will not work below 41℉ (-5ºC).
- Create Healthy & Comfortable Environment-According to a recent study, if the humidity is at or above 50% it can create uncomfortable and even dangerous health problems. A dehumidifier will start working when the percent of moisture in the air exceeds 45%, collecting any excess water vapor so you are always living in a healthy environment that feels fresh too!
- It comes with colorful night lights.
- It features two working modes.
- It operates very quietly.
- It saves a lot of space in your bathroom.
- It does not last for long.
Gocheer Portable Dehumidifier for Bathroom
- High-Efficiency Dehumidifier– Big and powerful enough to remove over 1000ml of moisture from the air in a day, this humidifier is perfect for those with allergies or asthma. It also ensures that your home remains comfortably dry by preventing dust mites and mold spores from thriving in moist environments. Equipped with an extra-large water tank that can hold up 2000ml of fluid at one time, it’s never too hard to get things going again when you need more!
- Compact & Portable-The dehumidifier is lightweight and portable, so you can easily take it to any room in your house that needs a little more moisture. It’s great for high humidity areas like bathrooms or small basements but thanks to the compact design of this particular model, it’ll also work well in living rooms- perfect during those muggy summer months!
- Easily Quiet Operation– The dehumidifier will take up less space in your bedroom without making a loud or annoying noise. It can be operated with just one button, which makes switching to the appliance easy for those who are not as tech-savvy!
- Automatic Shut Off– This mini portable dehumidifier will automatically shut down when the water tank is full of water to prevent you from having a wet mess. The indicator light turns red when it’s time for some maintenance so all that’s left is removing and refilling the tray with ease!
- Energy-Saving Dehumidifier– The electric dehumidifier is much more environmentally friendly, as it only requires a measly 48 watts of power to run for 24 hours. It also saves money because its low energy consumption means fewer electricity costs are needed after the initial purchase price.
- It saves a lot of energy for you.
- It is easy to use.
- It operates very quietly.
- It is compact and portable.
- Not perfect for medium and large bathrooms.
MOOKA Small Dehumidifier for Bathroom
- High-Efficiency Humidifier– This Mooka dehumidifier provides a functional and hygienic solution to the problems of excess moisture in your home. With a 34oz (1000ml) water tank capacity, this machine can remove up to 12 ounces per day at 86°H/80% RH with fast efficiency!
- Ultra-quiet And Energy Saving– This dehumidifier is the latest, quietest version of what we have come to expect from this brand. With no compressor and a low wattage usage, it’s virtually silent as it removes moisture from your home or office space without any harmful substances in sight!
- Auto Shut Off– The dehumidifier can shut itself off when the tank is full, and also has a reminder light that lets you know it’s time to empty out. Simply flip open the top of your unit so water drains into whatever receptacle you’re using for storage while emptying any accumulated dust or debris from inside.
- Compact And Portable– The compact design (8.54×5.71×5.71 inches) makes it perfectly portable and lightweight to place at home or anywhere else that’s smaller than 220 square feet you may be: bedroom, bathroom, wardrobe, garage basement RV room in a farmhouse for example!
- Easy To Clean And Healthy– The air dehumidifier water tank is easily accessible and easy to clean. This ensures that you are breathing in fresh, quality air for hours on end! Our recommendation? Clean the water tank every few months so it never stops working as intended or leaves your space dusty and dirty.
- It is too easy to use.
- It saves a lot of energy for you.
- It automatically switches off once the tank is full.
- It can be cleaned easily.
- Not efficient in extremely humid conditions.
COSVII Bathroom Dehumidifier with Water Tank
- High-Efficiency Dehumidification– The COSVII Home Dehumidifier is the perfect tool to improve air quality and create a comfortable living environment that’s healthy. The dehumidifier extracts up to 23~34oz (700~1000ml) of water daily in humid environments with temperatures between 86°F and 80% RH! Say goodbye to wet days because this little gadget can help keep your home humidity levels below 35%.
- One-Button Control & Ultra Quiet– The one-button switch design of the bedroom dehumidifier makes it easy to operate. The whisper-quiet (<35dB) working sound lets you enjoy a good night’s sleep without any disturbing noise or interruption in your slumber.</0><1>You’ll never want to get out of bed in the morning again! The one-button design on this bedroom dehumidifier makes it easy for you to operate, and with its whisper-quiet sound (<35dB), you can run it all day or night without any loud noises.
- Upgraded Energy Saving Dehumidifiers– The electric dehumidifier is a safe, energy-efficient alternative to bulky compressors or desiccant models. It runs for 24 hours and only consumes 1.15kW of electricity! Plus it’s environmentally friendly with UL-certified adapters that go into place before use making sure your safety comes first when using this product.
- Auto-Shutoff Function– This dehumidifier is perfect for apartments with tiny closets and moisture-filled bathrooms. It features a 68oz (2000ml) water tank that will turn red when full to prevent overflow, as well as an auto shut-off system! You can use this product in any room of your home without worrying about it spilling or taking up too much space on the floor because its flat design allows you to place it anywhere inside your house.
- Lightweight & Widely Used– This dehumidifier is compact and lightweight which makes it easy to move around the place where you want. Best for spaces up to 480 sq ft, this model especially suits high humidity in all kinds of places such as your home, bathroom, bedroom, and closet. Forget about moisture worries!
- It is compact and lightweight.
- It is too easy to use.
- It saves a lot of energy for you.
- It makes no noise while operating.
- It is not that durable.
Bathroom Dehumidifier vs Exhaust Fan
Both a bathroom exhaust fan and dehumidifier are necessary for small bathrooms. However, there are many benefits of installing a bathroom dehumidifier instead of a bathroom exhaust fan.
- One of the main reasons why you need to install a dehumidifier is that it helps in cutting down on your energy bills. This is because when you use an exhaust fan, it only removes dry air and keeps moist air inside the room which needs to be dried out again using either another exhaust fan or a dehumidifier. The problem with this is that your bathroom could get cold when the moist air is dried out, leading to a rise in your energy bills. This does not happen when you install a dehumidifier on your exhaust fan as it helps in removing moisture from the atmosphere.
- Since bathrooms are some of the smallest rooms, installing two fans in such a small room could lead to the air getting stale and dusty. However, with bathroom dehumidifiers, you do not have to worry about the dust particles building up on your shower curtain or various other bathroom equipment since they help in removing most of the moisture from the air.
- A dehumidifier helps in maintaining a constant temperature in your bathroom which helps you from getting too hot or cold. Also, since it eliminates the moisture from the air, there is no chance of mold developing on your mirror, cupboards, and other equipment inside your bathroom. The chances of mold developing are much higher when you use an exhaust fan without a dehumidifier as the moist air is not dried out properly and therefore there are lesser chances of it developing in a room where you have installed a dehumidifier.
- Another clear advantage of using a bathroom dehumidifier is that they do not need to be cleaned often like exhaust fans. This is because an exhaust fan removes the moist air from the surrounding atmosphere but does not remove the moisture from the air. This can lead to the growth of dust and mold particles on your bathroom cupboards since an exhaust fan is always blowing out moist air that has collected into your room.
- However, this does not happen when you are using a dehumidifier because it removes most of the moisture from the air in your bathroom. A bathroom dehumidifier can also help in taking away that nasty moldy smell from your bathroom. This is because a bathroom exhaust fan only removes the dry air and uses filters to trap the particles in the air while working. However, these filters tend to get clogged over time which could lead to them breaking down completely and causing you problems. While these problems do not occur when you have a dehumidifier installed at the same time as your exhaust fan.
- Additionally, an exhaust fan tends to produce sounds and vibrations that could disturb your sleep. Installing a bathroom dehumidifier on the other hand eliminates this danger as it helps in eliminating much of the moisture from the air in your bathroom which could otherwise produce a rattling sound in the fan.
- There are many advantages of installing a dehumidifier instead of an exhaust fan for your bathroom so you should definitely consider this option.
How does a dehumidifier for Bathroom works
A portable dehumidifier for bathrooms or other rooms has a built-in fan to blow air over absorbent material such as silica gel or crystals that absorbs moisture from the air. Then the air goes through a condenser that cools the air down and is placed in a refrigerated coil to condense water into liquid form.
The drip pan collects the liquid, which is drained manually or automatically when it reaches its maximum allowed capacity. The latest dehumidifier for bathrooms designs has a built-in refrigerated coil that is either attached to the front panel or on top. The dried air then goes into your home or room through the vent.
What Size of Dehumidifier is Needed for Bathroom
A small dehumidifier is perfect for the tight space of a bathroom. It’s important to consider what size tank you need, though! If it has to be emptied often, your unit will have trouble keeping up with moisture extraction in such an enclosed area and can’t handle larger rooms or basements very well. A 30-pint capacity works best when properly sized on top of having continuous drain options available so that there are no interruptions while bathing.
Why Is Bathroom Mold A Problem
- Pipes get clogged with the growth of mold.
- Mold can grow in the walls and may contaminate water and thus it is not safe for hygiene.
- Bathroom ventilation systems can be affected. Thus, less amount of fresh air gets into the bathroom leading to breathing problems especially during summers when people need more air.
- Skin infections such as athlete’s foot, jock itch, and other fungal skin rashes are caused.
- Respiratory problems may get aggravated because of poor ventilation.
- People who suffer from asthma find it difficult to breathe during summers.
- Mold can spread from the bathroom to other areas of the house if proper precautions are not taken and thus make the whole house damp.
- The toxic spores of mold affect the health adversely leading to many kinds of health hazards such as nausea, skin rashes, fatigue, etc.
How to Keep Moisture out of Bathroom
- Keep windows closed.
- Use an exhaust fan when taking a bath or shower and run it for at least 5 minutes after you are finished.
- Open the bathroom window, if you have one, to air out the room before entering.
- Ventilate the bathroom by using a dehumidifier that pulls damp air from the room and expels it outside.
- Keep towels and washcloths hung up rather than laying them on the counter or floor.
- Do not use any chemicals containing chlorine in your laundry detergent as they break down and will leave a residue that can cause discoloration and mildewing of clothing.
- Wipe off excess moisture from the tub and toilet after using them to prevent the buildup of mildew.
- Use a fan in hot, humid weather to circulate air, which will help keep mold from developing on bathroom surfaces.- Cover any unused openings around the bathtub or shower with a tight rubber seal to keep out moisture.
- Clean and dry the surfaces in your bathroom regularly.
- When you are finished using water in the bathroom, turn off taps tightly so dripping doesn’t occur.
- Keep bathrooms well ventilated during humid weather by running a fan.
- Keep the bathroom door closed to keep moisture from seeping in and out of the room.
- Avoid using steam cleaning detergents or ironing clothes while in the bathroom. Their heat will cause excessive humidity, which leads to mold growth.
Steps for Preventing Bathroom Mold
- Always keep your bathroom ventilated, as bathrooms are notorious for becoming moist and attracting mold. If you can’t install a vent fan (which is highly recommended), then regularly open your windows to allow the moist air to escape.
- Every few weeks, wipe down all surfaces in your bathroom (including walls) with a mixture of2 parts water, 1 part bleach, and a few drops of liquid soap. Don’t forget to clean the drain regularly as well by pouring ½ cup bleach into it on your way out of the shower in addition to wiping down the sides with a similar cleaning solution.
- Clean or replace your shower curtain at least once a month. Mold loves the dark, moist environment created by shower curtains.
- Use only vinegar to clean your bathroom sink or tub. Vinegar is a cheap and natural cleaner that won’t harm the surfaces of these items in your bathroom. You should also use vinegar to wipe down all other porcelain fixtures (like toilets and bidets) once or twice a month and also to clean the walls.
- If you must use a chemical cleaner, try not to use anything with bleach in it unless absolutely necessary (as mentioned, bleach leaves that moist environment mold loves). In addition, never leave any chemicals sitting out on your bathroom floor where they can seep into your home’s foundation. Always put them back in their original containers after you are finished with them.
- Eliminate all excess moisture in your bathroom by regularly using a dehumidifier or air conditioner, especially during the summer months when humidity is at its highest level. Another option is to use fans to circulate air around your bathroom while you shower and then switch them off once you’ve finished.
- Place a small fan next to your shower and run it whenever you take a shower or are using the bathroom (especially if you don’t already have natural ventilation in that room). Keep in mind that it will only eliminate moisture in the immediate vicinity of where the fan is located, so try to keep it as close to the shower area as possible.
- Try not to use your bathroom during times of high humidity (such as in the middle of the night). Whenever you’re done using the bathroom, be sure to turn on a fan to help dry out the air while you sleep. The last thing you’d want is for mold to start growing all over again the next morning.
- Replace all plastic shower curtains with stainless steel models instead (again, they’ll help prevent mold from forming). This is a good idea anyway because plastic curtains tend to wear out more quickly and the holes start becoming larger, allowing moisture to seep in. Stainless steel ones are much moredurable.10. Check your bathtub and toilet for leaks on a regular basis. If you find any, get them repaired right away or else mold will start to grow in those hard-to-reach spots!
- Always keep the bathroom door closed whenever possible (if you don’t, moisture will be able to escape). You could even place something heavy against it to help seal out all that moist air.
- Replace your bathroom door’s weather stripping with new ones that are more effective at keeping the moisture out of your bedroom (if you go this route, be sure to close the bathroom door whenever possible).
- Never cover up your dehumidifier with anything (like a plastic bag)when it’s not in use. The bag will trap moisture inside, which could lead to mold growth. Always remove and clean its filter regularly as well (follow the manufacturer’s directions provided with your unit).
Buyer’s Guidelines to Buy the Best Dehumidifier for Bathroom
Bigger is better and the ideal unit would be one with a large capacity. Having said that, most bathroom dehumidifiers are small in size because of portability requirements. Buyers should go for a model which can remove moisture as fast as possible. Bigger doesn’t always mean faster drying; so buyers must understand the technology of the dehumidifier. you must consider the size of your bathroom before buying a dehumidifier.
Budget is a factor that must be considered when buying any product; especially one which needs replacement filters and drainage pipes. Buyers should aim for a unit that has a reasonable price, good features, and great performance. Lower-end models may have more filter replacement costs, hence result in fewer savings.
3. Noise Output
For households with kids; the dehumidifier should have a low noise level output in order to avoid disturbing them at night and during rest time. The decibel (dB) range is between 45 and 55 dB, which is acceptable for most people. Anything over 50 dB will be extremely annoying especially to light sleepers.
4. Power Consumption
A bathroom dehumidifier should have both low power consumption and an easy drain system or continuous drainage option so that the users don’t need to manually drain it every day. The main cause of high energy consumption is continuous running; hence buyers should opt for models with an auto shut off feature which turns off the unit when it senses excess moisture in the room or does not sense movement for a long time.
5. Water Reservoir Capacity
A small size dehumidifier will have less water holding capacity and hence keeping on top of frequent refill is needed. Larger dehumidifiers are easier to manage because one only needs to empty them a few times a day.
6. Moisture Capacity
This refers to the amount of moisture (in pints) that an air conditioner can remove per day at its maximum setting under standard conditions as dictated by the manufacturer and without a continuous drainage system.
7. Pints Per Day
The amount of moisture that an air conditioner can remove per day at its highest setting without a continuous drainage system should be determined first.
8. Design and Layout
Buyers should go for a compact design bathroom dehumidifier that is cosmetically appealing to the eyes. The design should be ergonomic in order to make it easy to manage without any fuss. Buyers should buy a unit that has a handle at the top of the unit so that it can be suspended on a hook or other supported location.
The more features it has, the better performance it is capable of producing. In addition to that, buyers should look for units that have high moisture removal capacity and low power consumption. A small unit with these features will save money and time in the long run because they require less servicing and have a shorter filter replacement cycle.
10. Continuous Drainage
This refers to the automatic dumping of humidity collected by the air conditioner into a drain or reservoir eliminating the need for manual draining every night. This feature also helps stabilize moisture content in the room and reduces maintenance costs. In addition, it helps get rid of excess water as soon as it is collected.
Buyers should look for units with at least three years of warranty in order to protect their investment as most air conditioners carry a one-year limited warranty. Some models have an extended two or three warranty period while purchasing a unit that comes with additional features such as wheels, auto-off, and defrosting
12. Additional controls of bathroom dehumidifier
- Wheels– In models that have wheels, then the bathroom dehumidifier may be easily moved from one place to another.
- Auto shut off– This is to ensure that the bathroom dehumidifier turns off when there is no water for it to absorb.
- Filters– This helps improves the performance of a unit. They also allow for proper air circulation and drainage of moisture, which helps prevent mildew growth in bathrooms.
- Defrosting – this is important to prevent damage to the defrosting coils and to allow for continuous operation of the bathroom dehumidifier.
Frequently Asked Question
Questions Asked About Dehumidifier for Bathroom
Do dehumidifiers work in bathrooms?
Maintaining a dry and comfortable bathroom can be achieved by installing an energy-efficient dehumidifier. This will remove moisture from the room to prevent mold, mildew, bacteria growth in your bathtub/shower or sink area which also promotes healthy skin conditions for you when taking care of personal hygiene while avoiding many other health risks that come with excessive exposure to sweat on surfaces such as toilet seats due to sweating profusely after physical exertion like weight lifting at the gym.
What kind of dehumidifier do I need for a bathroom?
The conditions of bathrooms are likely to make them the most humid room in your house. If this is a problem, you may need a dehumidifier that can reduce humidity levels and prevent mold from growing on walls or other surfaces. In order for it to be effective, however, we found that 30-pint units were best at extracting moisture–smaller ones weren’t as effective because they couldn’t handle larger loads of warm air often present in moist environments like bathrooms.
How do I stop Mould on bathroom walls?
Make sure your bathroom is well ventilated. Leave the door and any windows open as much as possible, especially after a bath or shower. Get rid of excess moisture by leaving drying towels on surfaces in areas with water from bathing or showers to help prevent mold growth. Make sure you clean all wet surfaces including tiles, sinks, etc. before they get too dirty!
What is the best time of day to use a dehumidifier?
One of the best ways to save money on your energy bill is by using a dehumidifier. When you use this appliance, it removes excess moisture from an air space and provides relief for those with asthma or allergies that are triggered by high levels of humidity in their homes. How do we know when to turn ours on? Generally speaking, 10 pm and 7 am tend to be our most optimal times because they mark low-energy periods where there’s less demand for power usage overall. For example, between these hours electricity companies typically charge way under what they would during peak daytime hours which means more savings! The only time we don’t recommend following such timing guidelines is if other events interfere–for instance if you’re not home at night.
Does anyone make a dehumidifier that lasts?
The downside of these machines is that they are expensive, usually costing $200 for the 70-pint version. And oftentimes doesn’t last more than a year! The old saying “they don’t make them like they used to” holds true when it comes to dehumidifiers because no manufacturer makes one that lasts long enough.
Can a dehumidifier dehydrate you?
You can never get dehydrated in the middle of summer with a dehumidifier. It’s simple enough to use– just turn it on and let it work throughout the night, absorbing moisture from your air! But what are some other ways you might feel thirsty when waking up? Could dehydration be due to lack of fluids or allergies instead?
Should I run a fan with a dehumidifier?
Running a dehumidifier simultaneously with an air conditioner, furnace filter, portable fan, and/or purifier can be beneficial for individuals who want to maximize their home’s comfort. For instance, it is important that the temperature in your house stays around 70 degrees Fahrenheit when you are running both devices at once. If this sounds like something which would work well for you or someone else then by all means use them together!
If you’re looking for ways to keep your bathroom dry and mold-free, it’s time to take a look at the top 9 dehumidifiers on Amazon that are perfect for bathrooms. We’ve provided some insights into what buyers should be considering when purchasing a new humidifier (or deciding between one or an exhaust fan). Some of these considerations include whether or not the unit has an auto shut-off features in case it runs out of water, how often you’ll need to change its filter, and if it is capable of being mounted near the ceiling so as not to have any hoses hanging down. Our helpful buyer’s guide will help you find just what you need.