Let’s briefly introduce the best fusion splicer online in 2022. Before assessing the various options available to you as a fiber optic technician: fusion splicer’s an automated process that relies on an electric arc or heat to weld (or fuse) two optical fibers, facilitating the continuous transmission of light over long or short distances.
Table Of Content
Your clients or bosses have tasked you with fusion splicing fiber optic splicer. Or the job in hand involves splicing and terminating various types of fiber optic splicer. But your project specifications demand the bet splicer to join or terminate the fibers while minimizing loss and reflectance. You will have confusion in your mind on how to choose the right splicing machine for fiber optic cable? Equipment like the tile hole saw fusion slicer, commercial scroll saw or any other professional types of equipment should only be used by professionals. Here we are going to discuss all the details about the fusion slicer.
🛍️ Overall BestSeller Fusion splicer Machine : Inno View 7
🛍️ Best Overall Fusion splicer fiber : D YEDEMC SM&MM Automatic Intelligent Optical Fiber Fusion Splicer – “Splicing is easy to operate and can be controlled through a phone app.”
🛍️ Best For Versatility : DVP-740 Optical Fiber Core Alignment Fusion Splicer Optic Cable – “Stress-resistance. High-quality operation under wind and rain, dust and water protection.”
🛍️ Best Professional Fusion 360 Splicer : SKYSHL Core Alignment Optical Fiber Fusion Splicer – “A powerful, high propulsion motor helps ensure stable splicing for the most rigid indoor and drop fiber.”
🛍️ Best Fusion Splicer Machine For Beginners : Komshine GX39 Fusion Splicer – “A large-capacity lithium battery, which can be connected and heated more than 350 times after being fully charged.”
🛍️ Best Budget Fusion Splicer : D YEDEMC SM&MM Automatic Intelligent Optical Fiber Fusion Splicer – “Precise fiber Cladding alignment, ultra-low fiber fusion splicing consumption 7s fast fusion splicing.320 times image magnification.”
🛍️ Best Fusion Splicer Fujikura : Fujikura New Model FSM-62S+ Welding Fusion Splicer – “Fully ruggedized for shock, dust and moisture Li-ion battery with 200 splices/shrinks per charge”
🛍️ Best Fusion Spicer Core Alignment : SPEEDWOLF Mini Core to Core Alignment Optical Fiber Fusion Splicer – “It is particularly suited to telecommunications, radio and television, railway, electric power, military, research institutes for optical fiber communication construction and maintenance, and perfect for FTTH installation and maintenance.”
🛍️ Best Fiber Cleaver Kit for Optical Fiber & Cable Projects : Mophorn AI-9 Fiber Fusion Splicer – “Suitable for optical fiber and cable projects, maintenance scientific research and teaching in telecommunications, railway, and other communications fields.”
🛍️ Best Fibre Fusion Splicer For Telecommunication sector : AI-9 Fusion Splicer – “6 second speed core alignment splice, 15 second heating, working efficiency increased by 50% compared to ordinary splicing machines.”
🛍️ Best Optic Fiber Fusion Splicer For Cable Splicing Projects : Qiirun Fusion Splicer AI-9 Toolbox Kit – “Core alignment technology with auto focus and 6 motors, Industrial quad-core CPU, 10 languages available for switching, 7800mAh large capacity battery.”
D YEDEMC SM&MM Automatic Intelligent Optical Fiber Fusion Splicer Optical Fiber Welding Splicing Machine (Ai-7C) & Fiber Cleaver Kit
- 3 In 1 Fiber Holder suit for SM, MM, bare fiber, pigtail, rubber-insulated, multi fiber cable;Splice Loss:0.025dB(SM)、0.01dB(MM)、0.04dB(DS/NZDS);Fiber diameter:Cladding Diameter：80-150μm、Coating Diameter：100-1000μm;Fiber Cleave Length:Coating less than 250µm：8-16mm、Coating less than 250-1000µm:16mm.
- With 5-inch 800X480 high-resolution screen, is up to 300 times focus magnifications;Six motors Core alignment,fusion splicer core to core 6 motors 8S splicing,18S heating time
- Through the phone app,splicing is easy to operate.
- 10 Languages to switch freely :English,french,Russion,Italian,Portuguese,Polish,Spanish,Thai,Arabi
- Lifetime Friendly Customer Service,if have problem,pls contact us using the amazon message box,we will solve your problem in time and must give you a satisfactory solution .At the same time,you also need a little patience.
This fusion splicer comes with a 3 In 1 Fiber Holder suit for SM, MM, bare fiber, pigtail, and is rubber-insulated that can be used for splicing multi fiber cable with a splice loss of 0.025dB(SM), 0.01dB(MM), 0.04dB(DS/NZDS). The diameter of the Fiber or Cladding Diameter ranges from 80-150μm, whereas the coating diameter ranges from 100-1000μm. The fiber cleave Length has a coating less than 250µm which is approximately equal to 8-16mm, and a coating less than 250-1000µm equal to 16mm.
Splicing is easy to operate and can be controlled through a phone app.
- 5-inch 800X480 high-resolution screen
- 10 Languages to switch freely
- Lifetime Friendly Customer Service
- Not as such
DVP-740 Optical Fiber Core Alignment Fusion Splicer Optic Cable Welding Splicing Machine with Optical Fiber Cleaver
- Automatic fusion splicer for SM, MM, DS, NZ-DS(G655), EDF. Can be applied for fibers, cables and SOC (splice-on connectors).
- Fiber Cleave Length 8-22 mm. Return loss < 60 dB. Average Splice Loss 0.02dB(SM), 0.01dB(MM), 0.04dB(DS), 0.04dB(NZDS).
- 4.3-inch color display. Compact dimensions and light weight.
- Stress-resistance. High-quality operation under wind and rain, dust and water protection.
- Fully automatic, semi-automatic and manual operation.
DVP-740 is an automatic fusion splicer for SM, MM, DS, NZ-DS(G655), EDF and other fibers. Features 4.3-inch color display. Fully automatic, semi-automatic and manual operation. Can be applied for fibers, cables and SOC (splice-on connectors). User-friendly menu. High-quality operation under wind and rain, dust and water protection. Stress-resistance. Compact dimensions and light weight. Menu languages: English, Spanish, German, Russian, Korean, Portuguese, French.
Technical Specifications Alignment method IPAS core-to-core alignment (Image Pattern Analysis Alignment System) Applicable Fibers SM, MM, DS, NZ-DS (G655), EDF, Bending Loss Insensitive fiber (G657), pigtail, drop cable and connector Fiber Cleave Length 8-22 mm Average Splice Loss 0.02dB(SM), 0.01dB(MM), 0.04dB(DS), 0.04dB(NZDS) Return loss < 60 dB Programs 5 groups of preset programs 75 groups of manual setting General Characteristics Interfaces: USB, ext. power Power Supply: battery 12 V / 6 A, power adapter 85 ~ 260 V Battery splice/heat cycles: 120 cycles Mechanical Tension Test: 2.0 N Display: 4.3-inch color LCD Dimensions & Weight Dimensions (w × d × h): 142 × 122 × 138 mm Weight: 1.95 kg (with battery).
Stress-resistance. High-quality operation under wind and rain, dust and water protection.
- Automatic fusion splicer for SM, MM, DS, NZ-DS(G655), EDF
- Fiber Cleave Length 8-22 mm.
- Fully automatic
- Needs a bit of expertise to control it
SKYSHL Core Alignment Optical Fiber Fusion Splicer (With 4pairs Electrodes) FTTH Auto Fiber Splicing Machine for SM MM DS NZDS (SS413F)
- ★Core Alignment Fusion Splicer★--The SKYSHL SS413F is a advanced single fiber core alignment fusion splicers which possesses advanced image processing technology,meanwhile, it has high precision CMOS camera, lenses and servos which provide accurate core to core alignment regardless of core-cladding concentricity error[Actual average splice loss:0.02dB(SM),0.01dB(MM),0.04dB(DS),0.04dB(NZDS)].
- ★Faster Splicing and Heating★-- The SKYSHL SS413F fusion splicing machine uses a powerful high-speed motor and advanced CPU power allow fast 6 second splice time and 16 second heat time (60mm heat shrinkable tube), and it saving engineers time, meanwhile, A powerful, high propulsion motor helps ensure stable splicing for the most rigid indoor and drop fiber.
- ★Automatic Fiber Identification★—The SKYSHL SS413F is widely compatible and automatically recognizes SM (ITU-T G.652, G.657A1 and G.657A2), MM (ITU-T G.651), DSF (ITU-T G.653), Cut-off Shifted Fiber (ITU-T G.654, Large Area type), NZD (ITU-T G.655) and BIF/UBIF (Bend Insensitive Fiber ITU-T G.657B3), the SS413F Fusion Splicer is highly effective for use in data centers, long-haul operations, Metro, LAN, and FTTx fiber.
- ★Friendly and Durable Design★-- While a 3.5-inch wide LCD screen easy and intuitive operation, For improved visibility in low-light conditions, 4 LED lights illuminate the entire splicing chamber. The SS413F Fusion Splicer is also designed to meet the rigors of use in the field. While a substantially lower profile and lighter weight enhance portability, SS413F splicer’s canopy design and ruggedized body provide resistance to shock, water and dust exposure.
- ★Rich Functions and Accessories★-- SKYSHL SS413 has a lot of intelligent functions such as auto focusing, auto splicing, auto heating, auto calibrating, etc., Work when you get it; meanwhile, we provide users with a wealth of accessories, including 4 pairs of electrodes can achieve 4*8000 splicing operations, 10.8V 5200mah rechargeable lithium battery can work continuously for 15 hours, 16 points tungsten blade can cut 48,000 times.
The SS413F is a core alignment fusion splicer setting a new standard in the market for fusion splicing. The SS413F fusion splicer is packed with a whole host of new and enhanced features specifically developed with the objective of enabling the user to work faster with higher precision. Overall splice process time has been significantly reduced.
This has been achieved with a combination of improvements to the reaction time of the automated wind protectors and automated heater, new fibre retention clamps, improved universal sheath clamps and a redesigned internal structure that matches the protection sleeve to the fusion splice point which enables splicing to be achieved without the need of the user to touch the SS413F once the process has started.
A powerful, high propulsion motor helps ensure stable splicing for the most rigid indoor and drop fiber.
- A free replacement service for 3 years
- Faster Splicing and Heating
- Friendly and Durable Design
- Not as such
Komshine GX39 Fusion Splicer FTTH Optical Splicing Machine with Cleaver
- Take only 9 Seconds for Splicing,20 Seconds for Heating
- Splice 0.25mm/0.9mm/3.0mm/ Flat cable; Free shipping by Fedex/ DHL/ UPS (7-10 delivery time)
- Up to 200 times of continuous splices and heat, Ship from USA
- 5200mAh Battery Capacity. Circular Welding 350 times
- 3.5Inch 800 x 480 HD LCD Screen; Three years warranty and whole life technical support
GX39 FTTH optical fiber fusion splicer is widely used in industries such as fiber-to-the-home, fiber-optic cable rapid termination, machine room jump fibers remediation, and so on. Its newest all-in-one fixture design can splice various optical fibers. Unique real-time discharge correction function eliminates manual discharge correction operation, and the welding is stable and reliable.
Core alignment, cladding alignment, and manual alignment provide multiple core-core alignment methods. The machine has automatic, manual, and semi-automatic functions to choose from. At the same time, the machine small in size; lightweight;anti-shock and drop resistance; the volume is 40% smaller than the traditional welding machine and the weight is only 1.77KG. 5200mAh large-capacity lithium battery, which can be connected and heated more than 350 times after being fully charged.
A large-capacity lithium battery, which can be connected and heated more than 350 times after being fully charged.
- Takes only 9 Seconds for Splicing
- Continuous splices and heat
- 5200mAh Battery Capacity
- Frail plastic rings
D YEDEMC SM&MM Automatic Intelligent Optical Fiber Fusion Splicer Optical Fiber Welding Splicing Machine 4.3 Inch Touch Screen Display & Fiber Cleaver Kit …
- Splicing Mode: Manual, Half Auto, Auto; Typical Splicing time:7s(SM G652 Quick Mode) ; Typical heating time:18sec;
- Any common optical fibers, rubber-insulated fibers and jumpers that meet requirements of ITU-TG.651~653, ITU-TG.655 and ITU-TG.657.Average Splicing Loss:SMF:0.02, MMF:0.01dB, DSF:0.04dB,NZDSF:0.04dB
- Precise fiber Cladding alignment, ultra-low fiber fusion splicing consumption 7s fast fusion splicing.320 times image magnification.300 groups of fusion splicing modes.Dual-direction splicing, automatic splicing, intelligent pyrocondensation
- Small in Shape, Light in Weight: 1.95kg with battery, suitable for field work.6800mah Li-ion Battery,220 cycles splicing and heating, 3 hours charging time( splicing and charging at same time),Cycling charge 300-500 times, easy to replace battery
- Lifetime Friendly Customer Service,if have problem,pls contact us using the amazon message box,we will solve your problem in time and must give you a satisfactory solution .At the same time,you also needs a little patience.
This Fusion Splicer implements an industrial-grade CPU+FPGA structure of high-performance, completely fresh HD optical fiber microscope, high-speed motor, and aluminum-magnesium alloy materials extensively. Precise fiber core alignment, ultra-low fiber fusion splicing consumption 7s fast fusion splicing,18s highly efficient heating. It is designed for splicing optical fibers SM, MM, bare fiber, pigtail, rubber-insulated, multi-fiber cable. SM (G.652/657), MM (G.651), DSF (G.653), NZDSF (G.655) for telecommunication use, PON/ FTTx networks, Optical Fiber Cable Engineering, etc
Precise fiber Cladding alignment, ultra-low fiber fusion splicing consumption 7s fast fusion splicing.320 times image magnification
- 3 in 1 fiber holder
- 10.8V 6800mah Li-ion Battery
- 4.3 inch touch screen display
- Not much friendly when using manual operation
Fujikura New Model FSM-62S+ Welding Fusion Splicer with CT-08 Cleaver and other accessories.
- Includes: BTR-09 Battery, DCC-18 Battery Charge Cord, CT-08 Cleaver, ADC-18 AC Adapter, ACC-14 AC Cord, ELCT2-20A Spare Electrodes (pair), S21A Sheath Clamp, Sleeve Loader, USB Cable, Alcohol Pot, Screwdriver, Splicer Carrying Strap, Quick Reference Guide, Video Instruction Manual and CC-24 Transit Case with Carrying Strap
- 5,000 splices electrode life 23 second tube heating time with standard sleeves
- Fully ruggedized for shock, dust and moisture Li-ion battery with 200 splices/shrinks per charge
- 5 mm cleave length for splice on connector or small package needs Sheath clamp or fiber holder operation
- Internet software upgrades Multi-function transit case with integrated workstation
The Fujikura New Model 62S+ provides active core alignment splice loss performance while utilizing a conventional wind protector and tube heater design. An alternative to the fully automated core-alignment model 70S, the 62S+ includes an auto-start feature for both the splicing and tube heating process that minimizes the steps necessary to process splices.
With a shrink time of 23 seconds with standard splice sleeves, the 62S+ ensures a high level of productivity. Incorporating the proven ruggedized features pioneered by Fujikura, durability is greatly enhanced by a mirrorless optical system and “severe-impact resistant” monitor. Battery capacity is 200 splices/shrinks. The transit case doubles as a built-in or mobile workstation and makes splicing easier than ever.
Fully ruggedized for shock, dust and moisture Li-ion battery with 200 splices/shrinks per charge
- 5,000 splices electrode
- 5 mm cleave length for splice
- Multi-function transit case with integrated workstation
- A bit heavier than others
SPEEDWOLF Mini Core to Core Alignment Optical Fiber Fusion Splicer With SOC Holder,3.6" LCD FTTH Auto Optical Fiber Splicing Machine for SM/MM/DSF/NZDSF/ED Fibers with Fiber Cleaver 4in1&6xElectrodes
- 【Portable Design】-- Very Small size and light weight--only 4.8(L)x4.8(W)x5.2(H)inch and 1.5kg/3.3lb (with battery); High strength portable straps design is convenient for hanging and operating;3.6 outdoor-enhanced TFT LCD display with X/Y / X / Y Auto turn-over function, FS20E Built in 10.8V 4400mah Lithium battery,Wind, sand and dust prevention, waterproof, aseismatic design adapt to the outdoor environment.Meanwhile,The FS20E supports five languages: English/Spanish/German/French/Italian.
- 【High Accuracy and Low Splice Loss】Four high precision motors, Double V-groove design, Dual CMOS cameras, 200x zoom imaging System,Auto checks fiber end-face technology, temperature and pressure compensation,high-speed image processing technology and special precision-positioning technology ensures high accuracy and low splice loss----SMF/BIF: ≤0.02dB(typ.); MMF: ≤0.01dB(typ.); DSF/NZDSF/EDF: ≤0.04dB(typ.); Return Loss: >60dB.
- 【Wide compatibility】--SPEEDWOLF FS20E is compatible with ITU-T SM (G.652/657), MM (G.651), DSF (G.653), NZDSF (G.655) ED fiber for telecommunications, radio and television, railway, electric power, military, research institutes for optical fiber communication construction and maintenance, and it is equipped with High precision 4-in-1 holder (250μm/900μm/patch cord/FTTx indoor fiber etc) and SOC holder. SP-FS20E is perfect for FTTH installation and maintenance.
- 【Easy to use and Efficient work】--Auto splice, auto arc optimization, auto heating function, Auto checks fiber end-face, calibrate position of splicing, calculate splicing loss and temperature and pressure compensation so on;Built-in counter to warn replace electrode; Ready-package battery with electric quantity indicator, convenient carrying and change; Between X/Y single screen and X&Y easily switch; splicing time less than 9s, and heating time less than36s (adjustable).
- 【Worry-Free WARRANTY】--60-day money-back guarantee, 5 years warranty and Lifetime Friendly Customer Service.
The Speedwolf FS20E series optical fiber fusion splicer is designed with high-speed image processing technology and special precision-positioning technology. It will automatically finish the whole fiber fusion process in 9 seconds by fast mode, and splice loss is lower than 0.02dB for single mode fiber.3.6-inch LCD, dual CMOS monitors, X and Y axis separately display or simultaneously display, thus different fusion stages can be showed clearly. It is compatible with ITU-T SM/MM/DS/NZDS/ED fiber, and is equipped with 4-in-1 holders and SOC adapter.
it is particularly suited to telecommunications, radio and television, railway, electric power, military, research institutes for optical fiber communication construction and maintenance, and perfect for FTTH installation and maintenance.
- Portable Design
- High Accuracy and Low Splice Loss
- Easy to use and Efficient work
- Sometimes the charger malfunctions
Mophorn AI-9 Fiber Fusion Splicer with 5 Seconds Splicing Time Melting 15 Seconds Heating 7800mah Fusion Splicer Machine Optical
3 used from $665.54
- 【3 IN 1 FIBER HOLDER】- SM, MM, bare fiber, pigtail, rubber-insulated, multi fiber cable. Applicable Fibers:SM(G.652&G.657);MM(G.651);DS(G.657);NZDS(G.655). Splice Loss: 0.025dB (SM), 0.01dB(MM) 0.04dB (DS/NZDS). Coating Diameter：100-1000μm, Cladding Diameter：80-150μm.
- 【5” TFT DISPLAY】- It adopts 5-inch 800X480 high-resolution screen, and the operation graphics are simple and intuitive which ups to 300 times focus amplification. Once splicing times reach from 48000-60000 times, free to change a new machine
- 【BUILT-IN POWER METER & VFL】- Using the latest core alignment technology with auto-focus and six motors. It is more precise and less splicing loss than cladding alignment technology. Effectively measure connection loss,verify continuity and help assess fiber link transmission quality.
- 【7800MAH LITHIUM BATTERY】- 7800 mAh high-capacity lithium battery, charging time ≤ 3.5 hours,continuous splicing and heating about 200 times.
- 【USED BROADLY】- This Intelligent and convenient machine can be connected to mobile app, and supports ten languages: English, French, Russia, Italian, Portuguese, polish, Spanish, Thai, Arabic. It is especially suitable for optical fiber and cable projects, maintenance scientific research, railway, petrochemical, electric power, military and public security and other communications fields.
This fusion splicer comes with 3 In 1 Fiber Holder which is applicable to various fibers like SM(G.652&G.657);MM(G.651);DS(G.657);NZDS(G.655). It is fully qualified with FTTH project, security monitoring and other fiber cable splicing projects. It adopts 5-inch 800X480 high-resolution screen, and the operation graphics are simple and intuitive which ups to 300 times focus amplification. Effectively measure connection loss, verify continuity and help assess fiber link transmission quality.
Furthermore, AI-9 fusion splicer use the latest core alignment technology with auto focus and six motors, it is a new generation of fiber fusion splicer. Perfect balance, Dustproof, shatterproof, shockproof as well. For arid climates, under conditions of snowstorm, high altitudes and supreme temperature environments.
Suitable for optical fiber and cable projects, maintenance scientific research and teaching in telecommunications, railway, and other communications fields.
- 5” TFT display
- Built-in power meter & VFL
- 7800mAh Lithium battery
- Not as such
AI-9 Fusion Splicer, 5-Inch TFT LCD Screen, SM&MM Automatic Intelligent High Accuracy Optical Fiber Fusion Welding Splicing Machine 3-in-1 Fiber Holder, AC100-240V for SM, MM, DS, NZDS - US Plug
- ☛ 【The Latest Technology】 AI-9 Fiber optic welder is adopted the latest basic alignment technology, with autofocus and six motors. The machine uses a quad-core industrial processor, fast response time.
- ☛ 【High Resolution Screen】 High resolution 5-Inch 800X480 TFT LCD Screen for easy and intuitive use. The screen brightness is adjustable for use in direct sunlight. Magnifying the focus up to 300 times makes it easier to see the fiber with your eyes.
- ☛ 【Advantage】 6 second speed core alignment splice, 15 second heating, working efficiency increased by 50% compared to ordinary splicing machines. The screen brightness is adjustable and convenient for the sunny outdoor environment. Exquisite, durable and with a unique design for the work table.
- ☛ 【Scope of Application】 This AI-9 Fusion Splicer is mainly used for fiber optic connection. The diameter of the sheath is between 80 and 150 microns. Particularly suitable for fiber and cable projects in the telecommunications, railways, petrochemical, broadcasting and television sectors.
- ☛ 【Service】 We promise that if the product has unintentional damage within 30 days, we will give you a new one for free. If the product does not meet or exceeds your expectations, contact us immediately and we will provide you with the best solution .
This AI-9 Fusion Splicer is mainly used for fiber optic connection. The diameter of the sheath is between 80 and 150 microns. Particularly suitable for fiber and cable projects in the telecommunications, railways, petrochemical, broadcasting and television sectors. This Fiber optic welder has adopted the latest basic alignment technology, with autofocus and six motors. The machine uses a quad-core industrial processor, fast response time. Furthermore, the manufacturers promise that if the product has unintentional damage within 30 days, they will give you a new one for free. If the product does not meet or exceeds your expectations, contact them immediately to get the best solution .
6 second speed core alignment splice, 15 second heating, working efficiency increased by 50% compared to ordinary splicing machines.
- Comes with the latest technology
- 5-Inch high resolution screen
- 6 second speed core alignment splice
- A bit difficult for a beginner to control
Qiirun Fusion Splicer AI-9 Toolbox Kit with Auto Focus and 6 Motors for Trunk Line Construction, FTTH and Cable Splicing Projects
- High-end Fiber Optic Fusion Splicer - Core alignment technology with auto focus and 6 motors, Industrial quad-core CPU enables fast responses and synchronous operation, 10 languages available for switching, 7800mAh large capacity battery with 3.5 hours charging time
- New Accessory and Tutorial Video Included - We made over 30 tutorial videos to help you make most use of your AI-9 fusion splicer machine. We also provide newly designed 4 in 1 wire stripper and plier in the toolbox.
- 5 Seconds Splicing and 15 Seconds Heating Time - Working efficiency increased by 50% compared to ordinary fiber splicing machines. AI-9 Fiber Fusion Splicer has 3 in 1 Fiber Holder -- Suitable for SM, MM, bare fiber, pigtail, rubber-insulated, multi-fiber cable
- Built-in Optical Power Meter and Visual Fault Locator - The OPM (-70~+6dB) covering 6 wavelengths, and VFL has 15mW Output Power. They can effectively measure connection loss, verify continuity, and help assess fiber link transmission quality.
- Unique Design with Aesthetic Details - Signal Fire Fusion Splicer Fiber Optic AI-9 has aviation metal body material with exquisite details, 2 layers design for the Toolbox that no need to take out the splicer machine while working. The stool , built-in lighting and fiber cleaving station facilitate the users with convenience and comfort
Qiirun Fusion Splicer AI-9 uses the latest core alignment technology with auto focus and six motors. With 5-inch 800X480 high-resolution screen, the operation is simple and intuitively; and up to 300 times focus magnifications, making it is very easy to observe the fiber with naked eyes. The toolbox is small, exquisite, durable, and with unique bench design. With unique lighting design, it is convenient for night construction or repair. Screen brightness is adjustable and it is convenient for outdoor sunshine environment operation. It is fully qualified with trunk construction of medium and short distance, FTTH project, security monitoring and other fiber cable splicing projects.
Core alignment technology with auto focus and 6 motors, Industrial quad-core CPU, 10 languages available for switching, 7800mAh large capacity battery.
- 5-inch 800X480 high-resolution screen
- 15mw, 2HZ flashing and constantly bright mode
- Continuous splicing and heating about 200 times
- Requires a bit of knowledge to control it
Fusion splicing is the act of joining two optical fibers end-to-end. The goal of fusion splicer is to fuse the two fibers together in such a way that light passing through the fibers is not scattered or reflected back by the splice, and so that the splice and the region surrounding it are almost as strong as the intact fibers. The source of heat [clarification needed] is usually an electric arc, but can also be a laser, or a gas flame, or a tungsten filament through which current is passed.
Fiber Fusion Splicing Techniques
The wire splicing method has been brought to use for several years but not every splicing machine for optical fiber has produced great results and some eminent amendments were required in this field to make this mating process between the two ends of wire more effective and easier. The splicing machine for fiber optic cable came to everyone’s aid which offered various models for various purposes but with the same motif of splicing the wire. There is generally two fusion splicing technique, one is the mechanical splicing and the other one is the fusion splicing.
Fusion splicing is used t weld two wires together with the help of an arc whereas mechanical splicing doesn’t physically weld them together, rather makes use of a sleeve to hold both the ends of the wire with some mechanical mechanism. The Fusion splicing technique is a relatively newer technique but has become the most used technique owing to the various benefits it offers.
How Does A Fusion Splicer Work?
Before fiber optical splicer can be successfully fusion-spliced, they need to be carefully stripped of their outer jackets and polymer coating, thoroughly cleaned, and then precisely cleaved to form smooth, perpendicular end faces. Once all of this has been completed, each fiber is placed into a holder in the splicer’s enclosure. From this point on, the fiber optical splicer takes over the rest of the process, which involves 3 steps:
Using small, precise motors, the splicer makes minute adjustments to the fibers’ positions until they’re properly aligned, so the finished splice will be as seamless and attenuation-free as possible. During the alignment process, the fiber optic technician is able to view the fiber alignment, thanks to magnification by fiber optical fusion splicer, video camera, or viewing scope.
Since the slightest trace of dust or other impurities can wreak havoc on a splice’s ability to transmit optical signals, you can never be too clean when it comes to fusion splicer. Even though fibers are hand-cleaned before being inserted into the splicing device, many splicers incorporate an extra precautionary cleaning step into the process: prior to fusing, they generate a small spark between the fiber ends to burn off any remaining dust or moisture.
After fibers have been properly positioned and any remaining moisture and dust have been burned off, it’s time to fuse the fibers’ ends together to form a permanent splice. The fusion splicer emits a second, larger spark that melts the optical fiber end-faces without causing the fibers’ cladding and molten glass core to run together (keeping the cladding and core separate is vital for a good splice – it minimizes optical loss). The melted fiber tips are then joined together, forming the final fusion splice. Estimated splice-loss tests are then performed, with most fiber splicers showing a typical optical loss of 0.1 dB or less.
Automatic fusion splicer machines have a built-in integrated system of internal processors, motors, and microprocessors that dictate the correct alignment of fibers. But these automatic splicer machines differ in the way they align fibers during fusion – a difference that can impact alignment precision and splicing performance. If you don’t get a correct alignment, you’re going to have fiber optic losses. In other words, there’ll be an impediment to data transmission at the point of the fusion splice. But your clients don’t want that. So you have to pick the right splicer to fuse any two fibers so precisely that light travels through the medium with near-zero loss.
This Core alignment fusion splicer provides for precise fiber alignment, resulting in a typical splice loss of only 0.02dB. This level of precision is required for all single-mode fiber applications and also enhances the performance of the multimode fiber. splicer typically uses core alignment.
The clad alignment automatic splicer machine also has multiple cameras but only allows for the single-axis movement of the fiber. Alignment is aided by a fixed v-groove. The typical loss for this type of splice is 0.05dB. The clad alignment splicer is best suited for multimode applications. The following picture shows an AFL FSM-16S cladding alignment splicing machine.
Automatic Fusion Splicing Machine
- The lower price point of an automatic splicer machine doesn’t mean you are going to suffer from lackluster performance, however.
- Built for a range of sectors dealing with fiber optic splicer maintenance, fiber optic splicer has a lot of great features to help make your work-flow easier.
- First off, is the speed at which you can operate? The automatic fusion splicer machine features a 9-second ultra-fast core. Heating efficiency has been increased by 50% compared to older models, meaning your average application rate is improved significantly.
- The automatic splicer machine also has a user-friendly 5-inch high-resolution screen. This makes the naked eye observing possible.
- The operation graphics provide a clear representation of the work data. Even if you have never used an automatic splicer machine, the simple and intuitive interface (that is able to provide 300 times focus amplification), will help you be up and running with minimum hassle. The automatic splicer machine is extremely portable too. The robust design is surprisingly lightweight and when using out in the field, there is a battery-powered option.
- The automatic splicer machine provides 200 cycles splicing and heating and can be recharged in 3 Hours.
What is fusion splicing in fiber optic fusion splicer?
Fusion splicing is the process of fusing or welding two fibers together usually by an electric arc. fusion splicer the most widely used method of splicing as it provides for the lowest loss and least reflectance, as well as providing the strongest and most reliable joint between two fibers.
Can you fusion splicer multimode fiber?
Multimode fibers can be harder to splicer as the larger core with many layers of glass that produces the graded-index profile are sometimes harder to match up, especially with fibers of different types or manufacturers.
What is the fusion splicer used for?
This method of using a splicer is currently the most common type of splicing used in the fiber optic industry. There is no question that this method has the lowest reflection when connecting two pieces of fiber. The light that passes through this type of connection produces very little refraction. How is Fusion Splicing Different from Mechanical Splicing?
When to Perform Fiber Optic Splicing & Termination?
There are three instances when you perform a fusion spliced to a fiber optic cable. This is done when optical fibers have been damaged, to extend the length and finally to connector the optical cable.
How many types of splicing are there?
There are two types of fiber splicing – mechanical splicing and fusion splicing. Mechanical splicing doesn’t physically fuse two optical fibers together, rather two fibers are held butt-to-butt inside a sleeve with some mechanical mechanism.
How do you splice fiber optic cable?
Place both fibers in the fusion splicer and do the fusion splice according to its manual. Heat shrinks the fusion splice protection sleeve. Slide the fusion splice protection sleeve on the joint and put it into the heat shrink oven, and press the heat button. Place splice into splice tray.
automatic fusion splicer machine
fiber optic splicer
optical fiber fusion splicer
fiber optical splicer
add all 5 important points by yourself
When it comes to choosing a fusion splicer, all factors mentioned in this article should be considered. Since so many splicer suppliers are available, choosing a reliable company becomes particularly important. Hope this article helps you to find the splicer of your choice and budget.