It might be tough to choose the best heat gun for your requirements., whether you are a professional or a complete newbie. A heat gun can also refer to a hot air blower or a hot air gun. It is used to remove paint, repair phones, craft, and shrink tubing, these tools are a lot more than just welding tools. These heat guns look like hairdryers and work similarly, the fan pulls air in and blows out hot air through a nozzle The main difference is that a heat gun produces super-heated air.
Here we have listed the three best heat guns that we highly recommend You to purchase. If you are in hurry to buy a heat gun don’t worry, just select one from the list, as these are the best heat guns available in the market. Our group of experts recommends this product after testing and using various heat guns and analyzing them on the most important parameters. If you want to know more details about heat guns then you must go through the entire article.
Top 10 List
Top 10 List Of Best Heat Guns
Table Of Contents
There are different types of heat guns available for industrial and commercial use. It is also used to desolder and repair circuit board components in electronics and dry damp wood and thawing frozen pipes.
These types of tools like LCD separator machines, ultrasonic welding machines, or heat guns are very much important for professionals in different fields. These advanced tools allow you to do your work efficiently and it also helps to increase your productivity.
Find the best heat gun for your professional or DIY use. Read this article to know the available choices and learn more about our top picks among the top heat gun available on the market.
If you are a professional, Heat guns will be your best partner for your work whether you’re a skilled DIYer or a total novice. Heat guns are flameless and it allows you to adjust the temperature and its temperature range is between 100 to 750 degrees Fahrenheit
it will do a job for you solving home repair problems like everything from removing paint or putty to reducing tubes to repair phone it can be used for crafting or you can attach the right attachment for doing the soldering. Heat guns are also used to defrost refrigerators, melt frozen locks, warm iced copper pipes, and dry wet surfaces. As a result, a heat gun is a useful item to have in a DIYer’s toolkit.
While buying the best heat gun always keep your safety in mind because it can be dangerous even if it is flameless the hot air can be dangerous and it can cause burn, so always choose the best heat gun. The best heat gun can protect you from burns or melting in the case of an accident.
Top Picksback to menu ↑
Quick List Of Best Heat Guns According To The Usage
☞ Best heat gun for removing paint–GALAX PRO 2000W is one of the best heat guns for Removing Paint and Shrinking PVC.
☞ Best heat gun for phone repair–PRULDE Mini Hot Air Gun is one the best heat gun for phone repair it provides 2 temperature settings and it is ETL Certified.
☞ Best heat gun for crafts–SEEKONE Mini is the best heat for a gun for crafts it comes with an inbuilt overheat protection system.
☞ Best heat gun for heat shrink tubing–Wagner Spraytech is one of the best heat guns for heat shrink tubing it has a dual temperature setting and comes with a free-hand feature.
☞ Best heat gun for electronics–iHGun-1 650W is the best heat gun for electronics it has LED display meters that shows real-time temperature.
☞ Best mini heat gun–EC Mini 350W is one of the best mini heat guns, it is lightweight which is easy to use, and also has a wire stand.
☞ Best heat gun for resin–Bubble Buster 300 Watt is one the Best heat gun for resin it is made of premium quality ABS plastic and stainless steel
☞ Best heat gun for soldering–Soldering Iron Kit is one of the best heat guns for soldering
☞ Best heat gun for wrapping cars–EHDIS Window Tools is one the best heat gun for wrapping cars.
☞ Best heat gun for shrink wrap–SEEKONE 1800W is the best heat gun for shrink wrap it has a dual temperature setting.
Typesback to menu ↑
Types of Heat Guns
So the question is how many heat guns are there? Heat guns come in four types
- Electric heat guns
- Gas heat guns
- Industrial heat guns
- Infrared heat guns
Even though heat guns do not flame, but air temperature may reach up to 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit. Take extra caution while utilizing a heat gun to avoid burning yourself or harming the item you’re working with.
1. Electric Heat Guns
Electric heat guns are basically used for desoldering printed circuit boards(PCB) components and, it comes in two types corded and cordless, size also varies from large to small. In today’s date, electric heat is more popular than any other heat guns become our home furniture is shifted from radio to smartphones and laptop which requires microchips and electronic motherboards. Every electronic repair shop needs the best heat gun for phone repair because it helps them to safely remove the faulty component so that you may do the major adjustments
2. Gas Heat Guns
These heat guns are not so popular as electronics guns because gas guns don’t run on electricity it requires propane or butane gas and it requires continuous gas filling which is far less convenient and makes them usually more costly than electric heat guns.
However, this may be useful for Soldering, brazing, softening paint for removal, melting roof tar, and pre-heating massive castings before welding when working with metal. Professionals whose daily work is plumbing, brazing, and soldering, gas heat guns are commonly used as daily task items for home improvements.
3. Industrial Heat Guns
The main difference between industrial heat guns and electric and gas heat guns is that industrial heat guns are popular because of their more high functionality, higher heat levels, and higher fan settings.
it is used for heavy-duty industry work like mass retail and packaging, and it is also used to remove paint from flat surfaces. It can be both electric or gas-powered.
4. Infrared Heat Guns
It is also known as an infrared thermometer its read temperature is produced by infrared radiation. In this Covid situation, Infrared heat guns have been used to check arriving tourists for fever without affecting those who had been examined, it’s still new in the market.
Advantagesback to menu ↑
What Are The Advantages Of Having The Best Heat Guns
What are the advantages of having a heat gun? It can be useful for many purposes lets take a look one by one.
Removal Of Paint
It can be a difficult job to remove paint and it is time-consuming because it often requires chemicals and equipment. A heat gun is an expert in this work because it releases hot air which makes the paint soft and melts and if you have a drip of paint on your home floor, in that case, it can handy. It is the best tool for removing paint from the surface and it is also known as a paint stripper
Heat guns are for phone repair and every electronic item because all electrical items contain circuit boards. All you need is a heat gun with a nozzle that enables you to deliver a focused flow of heat so that only your chosen component, not the entire circuit board, gets desoldered. It helps to remove the damaged parts and replace them.
If you are an artistic type and want to turn your trashy silverware into some kind of sculpture that you want to decorate. The hot air mold it into the soft metal and allow you to change the shape however you want.
Heat Shrink Tubing
Heat guns are also useful for heat shrinking tubes since they shrink when they come in touch with hot air. they are mostly used for joining electrical wires, even it is a fantastic way to protect your belonging like books, food and many more.
Detailed Product Reviewback to menu ↑
Detail Product Review Of Best Heat Guns
Best Heat Gun For Crafts And Shrinking
- SEEKONE 1800W heat gun provides you with strong power heat up to 1200℉ in seconds.
- temperatures are controlled by a separate dial
- equipped with the 4th generation overload protection system and it will automatically
- It contain 7 accessories in total.
- it comes with a compressed blown molded carry case for suitable and easy access for convenient carry with great design.
- It comes with 7 attachments: Putty Knife, Reduction Nozzle, Small Deflector Nozzle, , Large Deflector Nozzle,Glass Protection Nozzle, Reflector Nozzle, and handheld scraper for your proffessional work.
- it can be used on many occasions like stripping paint, soldering, shrinking, softening plaster around the sink, bending or molding plastics even drying or thawing.
|Dual temperature setting||Mini: 50℃(122℉)|
|Dual airflow setting||Low: 190L-210L/min|
|Package||1 x Heat Gun I 1 x User Manual I 1 x Deflector Nozzle;|
1 x Reflector Nozzle; I 1 x Small Concentrator Nozzle; I 1 x handheld scraper.
1 x Large Concentrator Nozzle; I 1 x Glass Protection Nozzle; I 1 x Putty Knife;
|Cable Length||1.6m (5.25ft)|
- It heats up extremely quick within seconds
- It has a temperature control system that provides you exact heat for your work
- It has attachments & accessories and a carrying case for transport comfort
- It has 2 settings and a heat dial for control temperature
- This heat gun is a little heavy
Best Heat Gun For Heat Shrink Tubing
- It can work 600 hours at maximum temperature
- Integrated hands-free support stand for easy use
- Lightweight and compact for easy handling
- In-build overheating protection for safe use
- Special handle design to prevent damage
- It comes with four nozzles attachment
- Dual temperature control
|Temperature & Air Flow||I: 752°F 250L/M II: 1112°F 500L/M|
|Package||1 x Powerful Heat Gun|
4 x Nozzle Attachment
1 x Guide Instruction
|Cord Length||6.5 Feet|
- Fast heating in seconds because of the high-powered turbofans.
- Fast Heating & Overload Protection protect from causing any injuries
- Flexible tube and a special handle design help to prevent damage while working.
- High-level performance by working for 500 hours.
- It has drop protection for outstanding performance
- Not for heavy-duty
Best Heat Gun For Removing Paint
- Variable Temperature Control, range from 120℉ to 1200℉
- It comes ith two modes: I: 50-450℃; II: 50-650℃
- It has overload protection prevent damaging the heat gun and circuit
- It has a scientific ergonomic design handle to prevent injuries
- Best use for shrink tubing, and shrinking wrap
|Dual temperature setting||Minimum: 50℃(122℉)|
|Dual airflow setting||Low: 190L-210L/min|
Two concentrator nozzles
Two Reflector nozzle disperses
|Cable Length||1.6m (5.25ft)|
- It is high-impact, multi-functional, and definitely flexible, it is your all-in-one DIY tool.
- Provide you variable temperature control with 2-Temp Settings gives you complete control over heat temperature
- Two flow modes for more control over its application
- Overload protection for safety and make it more reliable
- There is no digital screen
Best Heat Gun For Electronics
- LED display for temperature reading
- In-build overload protection to avoids overheating and prevent injuries
- The cord is protected with a cord protector.
- Compact design and lightweight for easy use
- Storage feature to keep all your attachments at one place.
|Maximum Power||1550 Watts|
|Air Flow Capacity||18 Cubic Feet Per Min|
|Number Of Pieces||13|
|Cord Length||10 Feet|
- It has an LCD that allows adjusting temperature within a 50-degree
- It is very lightweight 2.3lbs which is easy to handle.
- It comes with Overload protection that turns down the heating element and prevents it from burning.
- It has an ergonomic comfort grip for comfortable use.
- takes time to cool down
Best Heat Gun For Crafts
- It has two gears setting for temperature range low and high
- It comes with 10 attachments, 5 nozzles, 1 paint shovel attachments,4paint shovel.
- Best use for removing paint, phone repair, crafts, and shrinik tubing
|Temperature ranges||I: 122℉to 572℉|
|Item Weight||2.4 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||10.4 x 8.8 x 3.1 inches|
- 2000w rear cover temperature with high and low temperature for easy household work
- It is best for household propose uses
- It can warm up very fast within a second
- No battery included
Best Mini Heat Guns
- Best for soft clay art use
- It has a temperature control device for hot air gun circuit
- Fast heating can reach up to 200°C / 300°C within seconds
- Adjustable temperature control for
|Material||ABS, Stainless Steel|
|Temperature Range||300 Degrees|
- It has a 6.6ft long cord for free movement
- It has a one-minute rapid cooling period after long use.
- It is a useful tool for DIY crafts and for shrinking
- It is made of ABS which has some advantages like heat resistance.
- Cannot adjust the temperature
Best Mini Heat Gun for Shrink
- This heat gun comes with Two temperature settings 122℉~932℉
- It comes with an overload protector to avoid damaging your heat gun and circuit.
- It has reflector nozzles for shrink tubing
- It comes with a wind speed adjustment switch
- It has glass protection nozzles
|Dual Temperature Setting||minimum 600 F|
maximum 923 F
|Dual airflow control||300L/min|
- It can run 600 hours in max temperature Working Time
- It comes with 10 multi-purpose attachments
- It gives you an ergonomic design handle to prevents injuries
- Not appliable
Best Heat Gun for Craft
- Tt provides long cable for crafting
- Made of premium quality stainless steel
- The temperature of the nozzle can reach up to 200°in seconds
- Easy to carry and it is lightweight
- DIY Craft Embossing and have in-build stand for support.
- It is the Best heat gun for heat shrink tubing
- It is made of premium quality stainless steel which gives you a premium look
- Built-in stand for self-support free-hand-use so that you can keep it anywhere without worrying.
- not applicable
Best Heat Gun For Electronics
- It has a high heat setting with 9 temperature settings and 3 fan speeds.
- It features a 12.5 amp motor that warms to a maximum temperature of 932°F (500°C).
- Overheating protection is included to ensure heat gun can last long.
- 9 Heat gun attachments provided for multiple uses
- It includes 5 paint scraper kits, 4 nozzle deflectors, a Reduction nozzle, and soldering/de-soldering instructions.
- It’s simple to use and comes with the ergonomic soft-grip design for comfortable use..
|Temperature Range||I: 40℉ 500 |
|Attachments and Accessories||4 Nozzle Deflectors, 5 Paint Scraper Kit|
|Amperage Capacity||12.5 Amps|
- It provides you LCD temperature reading meter, so you could know about the temperature
- It has a double heating wire for protection
- It comes overload protection that prevents overheating
- Transport and storage are made much easier with this strong carrying case.
- not applicable
Best Heat Gun For Heat Shrink Tubing
- There are two temperature settings on this heat gun.
- It has airflow ranges from 300 to 600 L/min.
- It includes a digital LCD display that shows you the temperature in real time.
- It includes two-speed temperature control and two concentrator nozzles that focus a direct heat flow to the work area.
- Two sets of dissipation air inlets and high-capacity motors
|Temperatures range||I: (140℉-752℉)|
|Attachments||1 x Hot air gun|
4 x Nozzles
1 Pair x Gloves
1 x Manual
- It comes with double temperature heating wire helps temperature rise fast
- It has 4 Nozzles attachments
- It has a Digital LCD that shows the real-time temperature to keep a check on the temperature
- It has a temperature control overload protector.
- Not applicable
Buyer’s Guidelinesback to menu ↑
What To Consider Before Buying Best Heat Gun For DIY OrProfessional Use
Keeping this thing in mind how to choose it? Always look for those heat guns that provide you with overcharging protection, overheating shielders, and short-circuit protectors. Additionally, If you work with delicate circuitry or microchips, you should always seek goods that included an anti-static feature.
If you looking for the best heat gun for household work like crafts, heat shrink tubing then you can go with a medium-range temperature between 400 degrees Fahrenheit to 700 degrees Fahrenheit.
Higher fan speeds, on the other hand, allow for better heat transfer across a larger area.
FAQ’sback to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
What temperature can a heat gun do?
Heat guns are machines that produce hot air. Heat gun’s temperatures range from (200-1200 Fahrenheit) and it also has some heavy-duty model which range is (1200-1400 Fahrenheit)
Can a heat gun overheat?
Yes, The heat gun can overheat and catch fire if the airflow is decreased. Never use a heat gun near flammable objects and always be careful while using it or else you can injure yourself by it.
How do you protect yourself from a heat gun?
While using it always be careful about the direction of the heated air and do not touch its end, where the hot air flows. Always turn it off when you are done working with it.
When should you use a heat gun?
It is used for removing paint, shrinking tubes, crafting, phone repair, and it is also used for thawing frozen pipes and shrink wrapping.
How long can you run a heat gun?
The performance of a heat gun depends on the company product, but a basic heat gun can running 15 minutes in one go, and then it requires a cooldown before you can use it again.
Is it safe to use a heat gun inside?
When using a heat gun inside always make sure that all the windows and doors are open because when heat guns are used on some types of materials it releases toxic gases that can cause serious risks to health.
Whenever working in a limited space always wear a mask respiratory mask.
Do not use a heat gun near?
You should avoid using heat guns near combustible or flammable objects. Make sure when putting it down switch off the tool so that it can cool down before storing it. Always wear gloves for protection and never touch the hot nozzles with a bare hand or clothes
What is the best heat gun for crafts?
Homidic Mini Handheld is the best heat for crafts because it provides a 6.5FT long cable for easy crafting use and the temperature can reach 200 degrees within seconds it is lightweight and easy to carry and also have an in-build stand for freehand use.
What is a heat gun used for?
Heat guns can be used for removing paint, phone repair, crafting, shrinking tube. They can also be used for thawing frozen pipes, drying damp wood, and vinyl wrapping.
Can a heat gun start a fire?
Yes, the heat gun can catch fire, never aim the heat gun at a single place for more than a few seconds at a time because it can cause fire due to overheating. Heat guns use lower airspeeds to create temperatures of up to 1200 degrees Fahrenheit, melting some glass or objects.
Final Callback to menu ↑
We now know which is the best heat gun for professional or DIY work. What we should consider before buying your best heat gun, always check its safety features whether or not it providing overload protection, cord protection, and comes with a dual temperature setting having an LCD temperature display so that you can know the real-time temperature you are working with. It will be simple for you to decide after reading this article.