Best Ironing Board Covers
Ironing Board Covers Reviews, Types, Uses, Buyers Guidelines, and Many More…
Ironing boards are a necessary evil. The best way to keep your ironing board cover in tip-top shape is by using a cover. An ironing board cover is a perfect accessory to all of your clothes, and a must-have for any home. It protects the ironing board from damage and also prevents clothes from sticking to the board when being ironed. They are available in many shapes, colors, patterns, and fabrics so you’ll be sure to find one that suits your personality.
This blog post will explore some of the benefits of ironing board covers as well as provide information on how to choose one for yourself or someone else.
If You are in a hurry, Checkout these best quality products
10 Best Ironing Board Cover Recommendation
What is an Ironing Board Covers
An ironing board cover refers to the additional protective covering used in conjunction with a traditional ironing board. It serves as an extra layer of padding between the actual contraption and its user. These covers are typically washable, particularly given that they will often get dirty from regular use. The idea is that if there are spills or other accidents while pressing clothes, then it makes sense to be able to wipe them down without any worry of ruining an otherwise perfectly good piece of equipment. You can carry it while traveling and can also be used with any type of iron be it a regular iron or a travel iron.
A new one can also just be purchased should the need arise. Some covers may even have a specific theme or pattern for those who like their housework area to look attractive too! This particular brand of cover (over the standard white plastic variety) is especially appealing to those with children, and it’s not just because the cover itself could be fun.
Types of Ironing Board Covers
Felt padding Ironing Board Covers
They are the most affordable kind of cover available because they’re reusable. If you want to get a “new” one, all you have to do is replace the bottom. You could even replace the top if it’s getting old, but frankly, there’s not much point since felt lasts forever with proper care. Another great thing about these covers is that they don’t block steam, so your clothing will stay wrinkle-free until they actually hit the dryer (or hang up). This means no spending ten minutes on each piece moving them around trying desperately not to let them touch anything while still trying to generate wrinkles for later removal!
Wool Ironing Board Cover
They are designed to provide users with an alternative surface that is softer than those usually provided on an ordinary ironing board pad. Wool has insulating properties which can help prevent some clothing items from scorching after being ironed but may also promote fuzzing.
Foam Ironing Board Cover
This type of ironing board cover is made from a layer of foam padding, instead of the traditional pieces of felt that are normally used for this kind of application. It is not only more comfortable to use (as it provides cushion all around), but its closed cell structure also makes it resistant to liquids and odors. This type of material is very popular as an alternative to the usual ironing board pad in public places, such as hotels or laundromats.
It can resist daily usage and repeated washing without wearing out easily. Another benefit of this material is that it is a safer alternative to the traditional ironing pad. This is because foam covers are not flammable, unlike felt or napped fabrics. In addition, the special manufacturers’ process for manufacturing foam iron board covers does not use any chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), which makes them environmentally friendly as well.
Polyester Ironing Board Cover
These are suitable for use in areas where there is a danger of moisture from the iron coming into contact with wood or laminate surfaces. It can also be used as a moderate weight cover for everyday ironing and is also ideal to protect work surfaces that are subject to damage from hot irons.
The polyester material repels water and can provide added insulation against heat so they should not scorch fabric (though this may depend on the type/weight of fabric) but it does have less padding than felt covers so steaming may be advisable especially if the user has an old or less powerful iron. Polyester material costs significantly more than other materials due to its superior properties.
Disposable Ironing Board Covers
They are basically the same as felt padding ironing board covers with one crucial difference; they don’t have a cotton bottom. These covers consist of plastic on top and often vinyl or rubber on the bottom. This makes them easier to clean because you can throw them away after use. Proper care will keep your disposable cover lasting for years, but eventually, you’ll need a new one, so it’s not as economical as using felt padding. On the plus side, these disposables come in all kinds of colors and fun patterns for people who want their homes to be aesthetically pleasing!
Detailed Product Review
Detailed Product Review Of The Best Ironing Board Cover
Gorilla Grip Reflective Silicone Ironing Board Cover
Gorilla Grip’s ironing board covers are made from durable silicone that will protect your ironing board from heat up to 480 degrees. The material is also very flexible and can be stretched over most standard-sized boards without compromising the fit. Gorilla Grip’s ironing board cover is also made with a reflective fabric that will keep your clothes warm when using an iron. This cover is designed to provide a secure fit on most standard-sized boards.
- It comes with a silicone coating.
- It is highly durable and long-lasting.
- It conducts heat to help you iron your clothes.
- It is completely scorch-resistant.
- It fits most of the boards.
- It has a very elegant and beautiful design.
- Not ideal for professionals.
Epica Silicone Coated Ironing Board Cover
Epica Silicone Coated Ironing Board Cover is a premium ironing board cover available. The unique design of the silicone coating makes it possible to use your iron on both sides of the cover, thus making ironing faster and more efficient. This product comes with an advanced Smart Fit technology that will fit almost any size and shape of a standard-sized ironing board. The padding is made from heavy-duty materials so you can be sure that this product will last for years without losing its shape or quality. It can withstand temperatures up to 480 degrees. It can be washed in the washing machine at a temperature up to 40 degrees Celsius without shrinking or losing its elasticity.
- It features adjustable straps.
- It comes with a waterproof cover.
- It comes with extra padding.
- It is designed to fit a board of all sizes.
- It has adjustable hook and loop tape straps and keeps the cover firmly in place.
- It is too easy to clean.
- The padding is not thick enough.
Whitmor Deluxe Ironing Board Cover and Pad
Whitmor’s Deluxe Ironing Board Cover and Pad will give your ironing board a new look. The cover is made of durable material that resists scorching from hot irons, so you can iron your clothing with confidence. The cover has a thick protective sewn-in fiber pad to help protect the surface of your ironing board from scratches and scuffs. This cover features a tailored nose pocket design that fits standard ironing boards. Heavy-duty stretch cord binding securely keeps the cover in place while you are working on it.
- It comes with a stylish patterned cover.
- It can be easily adjusted.
- It is fully resistant to scorching and stains.
- It is highly durable and long-lasting.
- It is a bit difficult to wash.
Dalykate Ironing Board Cover and Pad with Elastic Edge
Dalykate Ironing Board Cover and Pad with Elastic Edge is made of 100% cotton. It has an elastic edge, which can be stretched over the ironing board to prevent it from falling off. The cover is double-sided, so you can flip it over for a fresh side when necessary. A soft fiber pad protects your clothes from being burnt by the steam iron while you are pressing them. You don’t have to worry about burning your hands or damaging your clothes anymore!
- It is made of fine quality materials.
- It comes with an extra thick sewen pad.
- It fits almost all sizes.
- It provides additional security for a smooth surface.
- It features stylish dual nose pockets.
- It is not that long-lasting.
Sunkloof Silicone Coating Ironing Board Cover and Pad
Sunkloof silicone ironing board cover is made of high-quality silicone and elasticized edge to give you wrinkle-free clothes right now. The premium and eco-friendly material gives you a soft touch feeling when pressing your clothes. It also has extra stitching on the edge to prevent it from tearing off easily. Sunkloof ironing board cover is easy to install and remove, general size for all standard ironing boards, no matter what brand or model they are.
- It is a professional streamlined cover.
- It makes ironing much faster and simpler.
- The heat reflection of the silicon coating distributes heat.
- It features a thick elastic edge.
- It comes with heavy-duty padding.
- It is highly durable and long-lasting.
- It is not that sturdy.
Home Genie Reflective Silicone Ironing Board Cover
The Home Genie Silicone Ironing Board Cover is the perfect cover for any ironing board. It makes ironing faster and easier with its innovative silicone material that keeps your clothes from falling off of the board. It’s a great fit for standard-sized boards, and also has hook and loop fasteners that allow you to easily take it on and off. The Home Genie Silicone Ironing Board Cover comes in a beautiful design, so it will look great while keeping your clothes wrinkle-free!
- It reflects heat from its surface.
- It glides effortlessly.
- It makes your ironing faster and easier.
- It is fully scratch-resistant.
- It comes with extra thick padding.
- It has a silicone coating.
- The edges of this iron board cover are elasticized.
- It is not that durable.
Happhom Heavy Duty Ironing Board Cover and Pad
Happhom Heavy Duty Ironing Board Cover and Pad is made of the highest quality pure 100% cotton, which is soft to touch and easy to iron. It has 4 layers of extra thick padding for remarkable durability. Its nose pocket and elastic edges provide a perfect non-slip fit. The cover comes with a generous size that can be easily tailored to fit a wide range of boards. Happhom’s premium eco-friendly ironing board cover will protect your clothes from scorch marks, leaving them wrinkle-free and smooth as silk!
- It comes with four layers of extra thick padding.
- It fits standard-sized boards.
- It comes with an elastic edge and nose pocket.
- It is highly durable and long-lasting.
- It comes with a silver-coated surface for perfect ironing.
- It is a bit difficult to clean.
Ezy Iron Extra-Thick Ironing Board Cover
The Ezy Iron Extra-Thick Ironing Board Cover is a specialty product that is designed to provide ironing board users with a longer-lasting cover, better performance, and less maintenance. The Ezy Iron Extra-Thick Ironing Board Cover is made of a unique blend of 100% cotton fabric and polyester material that provides the user with an extra thick ironing surface. This extra thickness makes it easier for the user to press their clothes without having to worry about the cover moving or slipping while they are trying to work on it.
- It comes with a very stylish look.
- It won’t move or slip while you are working.
- It is made of high-quality fabrics.
- It has thick padding.
- It is highly durable and long-lasting.
- It does not fit large-sized boards.
Polder Ironing Pads and Covers
Polder ironing pads and covers are made of a 2-layer construction with an 8mm fiber pad for moderate use. The cover is 100% cotton, stain-resistant, and water-repellant. It has a soil-release treatment so it won’t stick to your clothes when you remove them from the dryer. The one-piece construction makes placement easy and secure. A sewn-in bungee cord binding keeps the pad tight on your board while in use. Fits blunt nose 48″-51″ long x 15″-17″ wide boards
- It is made of 100% cotton.
- It is highly durable and long-lasting.
- It comes with two-layer construction with an 8mm fiber pad.
- It features soil release and water repellant treatment.
- It is not that sturdy.
Brabantia Durable Foam Layer Ironing Board Cover
Brabantia’s Durable Foam Layer Ironing Board Cover is a great option for any household. It has a metalized cotton top layer that reflects heat and helps to keep your iron in place, so you can get the job done quicker. The cover also features a cord and stretch system that keeps it taut and crease-free, so you have an even surface to work with.
- It comes with a metalized top layer without underlay.
- It is highly durable and long-lasting.
- It Fits almost all boards.
- It is made of 100 percent cotton.
- The pad is not properly sewed.
Why You Should Buy an Ironing Board Cover
The ironing board cover is a must-have item for your home. Here we are going to tell you why you should buy an iron board cover.
- Ironing board covers are splash-resistant which protects the fabric covering your iron’s soleplate from being melted or burned by steam.
- Ironing board covers provide additional padding for the ironing surface, reducing stress on muscles and joints while pressing garments.
- It can help reduce creasing in fabrics during storage and prolong fabric life due to the protection of dyes from direct contact with an iron’s hot plate.
- With a simple flip of an ironing board cover over, you have an instant tablecloth instantly ready whenever the need arises!
- They save money since they last longer than traditional cloths vs paper alternatives and are also more practical for laundering purposes, easy-care: washable, machine washable, dry clean, and resistant to thread damage and tears.
- Ironing board covers are more hygienic than using an old rag for lifting small objects off the floor.
- For garments with a tendency to leave marks on other fabrics and surfaces, the ironing board cover ensures that pressing does not mark or leave damaging imprints on other materials.
- When ironing, steam escapes through the fabric of your clothing but is instead directed up towards the ceiling due to its perforated design which eliminates any burn risk potential for curtains or walls.
- Due to its smooth surface and padding effect, it provides a clean and uncluttered working space when working underneath your garment or projects while protecting your work area from damage (scratches, burns, etc.).
- Ironing board covers are easy to install and replace.
- Ironing board covers are reversible. An ironing board cover can be purchased for as little as $6.00 at an ironing store or alternatively visit www dot iron-a-cover dot com to purchase your own custom-made, cheap, branded and easy care ironing board cover today!
- The quilting ironing board covers are a handy tool for quilters as they protect the top of one’s ironing board and make it easier to keep the fabric taut while working.
- It saves time, money, and effort by having the convenience of providing a clean surface at all times which eliminates having to constantly reposition fabrics during ironing jobs.
- An ironing board cover is also an attractive way to present your garments in picture-taking opportunities – Simply get creative with your camera! Either prop it up against something or use some kind of stand if need be (mirror etc.). There is also no reason why you should not blow-dry your garment after pressing either – Just don’t forget about them from time to time!
- It eliminates the need for an iron rest and also protects your iron from clicking onto a stone surface accidentally.
- Thick ironing board pad helps to protect children from dangerous hot surfaces and even enables them to reach items on higher shelves without the fear of falling or getting injured.
- It also offers greater stability when resting objects against one’s surface as it is non-slip in design too.
- They are very easy to clean making them ideal for workshops, where fabric spills can make cleaning up a real chore, especially if using water-based paints and dyes – Just wipe it down with some warm soapy water and you’re done!
- Ironing board covers are also a practical solution for bridging the gap between an ironing board and your table’s edge when pressing larger items – Just tuck it over the front of your board to offer a cleaner look.
- It can also be used as carriers for hot irons too – Just because it is perforated does not mean that heat will escape through the holes necessarily, only if one leaves their iron in place for longer periods of time while unattended.
What Size Ironing Board Cover Do you Need?
When choosing an ironing board cover sizes , it should fit securely all the way around your ironing board without being too big or too small. It needs to be long enough so that when it is folded in half along its length, there is still enough space to wrap over and tuck in at each end; otherwise it will flap about as you try to use the iron – not very pleasant! And if it doesn’t have proper corners then these tend to wear and tear faster, especially if they’re made from that hard-wearing, but somewhat less attractive material.
If you are single or live in a studio flat, perhaps a mini ironing board cover or a small ironing board cover will be adequate for you. But if your ironing board doesn’t get much action then you would probably enjoy having an extra large ironing board cover so that it has built-in storage as well as looking good. It is also easier to see the printed pattern on larger covers.
If you have a family and want your ironing board cover to look good on show in the hallway or living space then you may want to consider a large ironing board cover that allows you to add a decorative feature such as border piping or detailing with patches of material. For example, our Oriental Diamonds Ironing Board Cover can be made up using 20 different fabrics! A longer cover has more scope for experimenting with color and design.
How Do You Secure an Ironing Board Cover
There are a number of ways to secure an ironing board cover. Some people pin the cover in place, while others rely on tension and weight to keep the cover secure. If your ironing board is in use daily, you might want to use pins or tie-downs. If it’s just used every so often, you can probably get along with weights. Whether you are using pins or weights, they should be placed where there will not be too much stress on them – somewhere between the top edge and center/middle works best if you have no choice. This will keep them and the fabric in good condition for longer.
Buyers Guidelines to Buy The Best Ironing Board Cover
This refers to both heights as well as width. The size of your ironing board is usually mentioned on its packaging or in the instruction manual too. Choose a cover with padding that is slightly higher than your ironing board and about two inches wider at least on all sides except the bottom side which will be smaller due to wheels etc… If you don’t want any wrinkles or creases, ensure to buy a wide ironing board covers an extra wide ironing board cover that covers your board completely.
If you want to buy the best padded ironing board cover then this is one of the most important points to consider. The ironing board cover must also have padding on all the sections of the cover which come in contact with you or the clothing while ironing. Padded areas should be wide enough so that you don’t feel any kind of discomfort when working for long hours. Some covers are made using cotton for padding and these are a better choice than synthetic padding as they reduce sweating and provide improved air circulation during use.
Ironing boards along with their covers need to withstand high temperatures without igniting or burning off easily. Thus, it is important to choose one which is made from high-quality materials that are heat resistant, flame-retardant, and durable against wear and tear. PVC-based products are a strict no-no as they are made from toxic chemicals and will release harmful gases whenever heated or burnt off.
Such fumes pose health hazards for you, your family members, and pets too. The ironing board cover must be able to withstand temperatures up to at least 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Thus quality materials such as fiberglass, steel mesh, and cotton can be used without any problems.
Ironing boards will last longer when stored with their covers on them if you’re not using them regularly. Thus lookout for high-quality options that have reinforced stitching in all the stress points to ensure long-term durability. Some of the best brands offer a warranty which also shows the level of confidence they have over the durability of their products.
5. Scratch Resistance
This is an important point to consider as using the board without its cover for a long time can cause scratches on the board’s surface. This affects its ability to glide smoothly and becomes a safety hazard too. Thus look out for covers that are non-scratch, anti-static, or smooth on all sides except the bottom which has wheels attached for moving around easily.
6. Stain Resistant
It is very easy for stains including rust marks to form on your ironing board without proper care from your side. Some people even notice such marks appearing after a few months of usage. Ironing boards need regular cleaning with soap water solution so that any kind of stains don’t get stuck on their surface. Choose a cover that won’t let any kind of stains from forming easily and if you notice any, it will be easy to clean them with a cleaning solution.
Your ironing board needs regular adjustments so that it can fit your height properly. Some covers come with adjustable features such as elastic straps on the bottom to prevent slipping or Velcro straps for lowering the height of the cover according to your preference. This is very helpful when working for long hours as it reduces back pain and improves work efficiency at least by 30%. Take care that these straps aren’t too loose otherwise they may not hold the cover in place properly while ironing.
8. Aluminum and Silicone Coating
The aluminum coating around the legs is used for making them strong and lightweight while silicone ironing board covers reduce slipping during use. Thus, look out for these features in order to prevent accidents such as slipping or ironing board toppling over due to lack of stability.
Stability is a very important feature that should never be ignored when buying an ironing board cover. Always check whether it has solid side panels and there are no gaps between them before using the product. If you notice any gap, do not buy the product since such gaps can let clothing pieces fall inside during use which may pose serious health hazards if they get burned off by high temperatures.
There are many choices in this regard available on Amazon with different brand names and models. However, the best options come with a price tag of around $30-50. Decide on your budget first and then go through all the features to find the ideal product that suits your needs at an affordable cost.
11. Ease of Cleaning
Ironing board covers are made from different materials ranging from cotton, polyester, nylon, etc. Each of these fabrics has its pros and cons when it comes to the ease of cleaning or washing them. A good cover is one that can be easily washed in a machine using a cold water cycle setting followed by air drying at room temperature. Some covers come with an anti-static treatment while others don’t require any kind of special wash care instructions for regular use. Thus check for this attribute before buying a product.
The best covers include many features such as towel hangers, iron rest, storage hooks, etc. that not only make the user’s life easier but also improve work efficiency and comfort while using the board. These additional features should be checked before zeroing in on a particular model to buy.
Ironing boards are one of those products which may topple over due to poor stability or wobbly legs without proper installation at home. Thus check for this attribute by checking whether the surface is flat and stable when you place it on your floor level. You can even perform a simple test by placing an object like a phone book or weighing scale on each leg piece one at a time to check whether the platform remains flat, sturdy, and stable or not.
The best brands offer a warranty period of at least one year so that if you find any quality issues with your product during this time, they replace it without any extra charges to the customer. This shows their confidence in their products which are of high quality and can be used efficiently for long periods without problems breaking out due to poor materials used in making the same. Also, check their customer care support services before buying a product since getting in touch with them during emergencies is quite necessary when dealing with such items.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions Asked About Ironing Board Cover
How do I stay safe using an ironing board cover?
Ironing board covers are a safer alternative to the traditional fabric ironing board cover. The filling of an ironing board cover provides insulation from the heat of an iron and offers a cushioned surface, preventing the iron from excessive hopping on the board. These characteristics make ironing board covers safer and much more comfortable to use.
What are the benefits of using an ironing board cover?
The insulating properties of a cover actually make ironing safer, preventing the steam from damaging clothing. This makes it easier to press seams and create professional-looking results.
What size should I choose?
The size of the cover depends on the length and width of your ironing board. Most covers are available in one-size-fits-all, but if your ironing board is unusual in size we recommend ordering a cover by the actual dimensions of the board. Some ironing board covers are made shorter than the length of an ironing board. This design was created to fit over a collapsible ironing board.
What should I look for when purchasing an ironing cover?
The quality of the material used to make the cover is very important. Ironing covers should be made of tightly woven, durable cotton which will not shred easily. The seams need to be double stitched to hold up. The filling should be tightly packed into the cover for the best insulating results.
Is it better to have a light or dark ironing board cover?
Some people prefer to use a light color ironing board cover so they can see the steam coming from their irons. Lighter colored covers can also be a safety precaution for children who may accidentally touch the hot iron on a dark cover
Is it better to buy the ironing board cover separate from the actual ironing board?
It is more cost-effective to purchase the ironing board cover and the ironing board together. You will also have a chance to see how they complement each other in appearance. In some cases, the ironing board cover is also included with the purchase of an ironing board.
When are ironing board covers most effective?
The insulating properties of the covers actually make ironing safer. This makes it easier to press seams and create professional-looking results.
How to clean the ironing board cover?
Cleaning a cover is easier than cleaning an actual ironing board. Ironing covers are machine washable, but you may find it easier to simply spot clean the cover. Add a capful of Hydrogen Peroxide to the cleaning cycle. This will help inhibit mildew growth and any stains from setting in.
How to launder the ironing board cover?
Turn the cover inside out. Wash in cold water on a gentle cycle. Use mild detergent. Do not use chlorine bleach or fabric softener. Tumble dry on a low setting.
Add one full tablespoon of a mild bleach alternative to the wash cycle. This will remove any stains and also help inhibit mildew growth in the fabric.
How to ironing board cover is made of?
In most cases, the filling of an ironing board cover is cotton batting. The batting is typically just a layer of ultra-fine cotton fibers that are tightly packed into the cover and stitched in. There are other fillings available like various types of foam and even wool.
Wrapping it Up
If you need to find the best ironing board cover for your needs, look no further. We’ve covered all bases and created a comprehensive list of what we believe are the top 9 products on the market today. Our buyer’s guidelines will help ensure that you make an informed decision about which product is right for you, while our advantages and tips section should provide some extra guidance if needed.