Best OHM Meters Of 2021.
Best Digital Multimeter For DIYers And Pros. A Buying Guide.
Are you facing a lot of difficulty in measuring the resistance of SMD components while doing technical work? For this, you do not need to worry much because we will tell you about such a technical tool to calculate the resistance value of SMD components like a capacitor, resistor, and coil, which will help you settle your work in a minimum time and make the work better.
It will help you, and your job will be easier. We are talking here about the ohmmeter, which is the first choice of professional technicians and hardware repairers to measure the resistance of any SMD component. We will give you complete information about the best ohmmeters with that, you will be able to get the best ohm meter for yourself.
Ohm is the unit of measurement of resistance and the ohmmeter measures the resistance of the components in ohms only, hence it is called the ohmmeter. The ohmmeter is not a large tool, its size is medium. This instrumental tool is very easy to hold and is also portable. The structure of this tool is very similar to that of a multimeter, but its function is quite different from that but a multimeter is also a type of ohmmeter. On its body, we get an LCD screen, a dial to set it in different modes, and two probes to check components.
Many mobile technicians also repair USB chargers with their help. There are mainly 7 different modes available on an ordinary ohmmeter through which the components are measured. The resistance of components of different capacities is measured using these modes. Every field technician, electrician, or mechanical worker must have an ohmmeter to repair any device or machine.
3 Best OHM Meter Recommended By GV Experts
Before proceeding further, we are going to suggest to you the three best Ohmmeters which are the most popular on the market right now. People are buying most of these because of their quality and their utilities. We have tested these Ohmmeters ourselves and found them to be up to the best ohmmeter parameters. While testing these ohmmeters, we also put people’s views on them paramount. Due to these opinions, they are more useful for you. Due to this test procedure, we can be sure to say that you will not face any problems or regret if you buy these ohmmeters for your daily use.
These ohmmeters you buy will be used for a long time without any difficulty. There will be no errors of any kind in this. If you buy them, then your investment will be very worthwhile and reasonable, which will make your technical work easier and better. With the help of this article, you will be able to know how an ohmmeter works.
Its Capacitance: 9.999nF/99.99%, Temperature: -20°C to 1000°C, Frequency: 9.999Hz/9.999MHz.
It comes with a Beep and LED alarm for NCV (Non-contact voltage) Continuity Testing, Data Hold, Max/Min Value, Auto Backlit, and Auto Shut down.
The NCV Function reduces exposure to live wires for safety; the probe is used on outlets, sockets, terminals, and other devices.
F500mA/600V fuse and F10A fuse; Double ceramic fuse and thermistor protection circuit; Anti-Burn; Ohmmeters can be protected by fuses.
The company provides a 3-year warranty.
AC Voltage, DC Voltage, Current, Resistance, Continuity, Diode, and Transistor are all examples of electrical circuits that can be tested by it. The continuity test includes an audible buzzer.
Quick List On OHM Meters
- Best Analog Volt Ohm meter: ZJchao Volt Ohmmeter is the best analog volt ohmmeter.
- Best Automotive Ohm meter: Crenova Automotive Digital Ohmmeter is the best automotive ohmmeter.
- Best Low Resistance Ohm meter: UNI-T UT620A is the best low resistance ohmmeter.
- Best Ohm meter For Home Use: Segomo is the best ohmmeter for home use.
- Best Ohm meter For Cars: Etekcity is the best ohmmeter for cars.
- Best Micro Ohm meter: Vici Digital Micro Ohmmeter is the best micro ohmmeter.
Types And Product Reviews
Types Of OHM meters + Product Reviews
Best Series Ohmmeter
A series ohmmeter is a special type of ohmmeter that is connected in a special series to measure the resistance of components. When the components in a device are connected in a series, then this series ohmmeter is used to measure them. If you want to recognize the ohmmeter, whether it is a series ohmmeter or any other ohmmeter then, first of all, you have to make sure that it is an analog ohmmeter. Then you can find out by looking at its scale. If it is a series ohmmeter, then the numbers printed on its scale will be printed from right to left, from smallest to largest respectively.
A series ohmmeter is used in devices like refrigerators in which a series connection is used. Today’s ohmmeters are mainly hybrids with the ability to do the job of both series and shunt ohmmeters. Now it has become very difficult to identify ohmmeters by dividing them into series and shunt ohmmeters. Today’s digital ohmmeters can perform a wide range of tasks. They can function as both shunt and series ohmmeters.
Gardner Bender GMT-318 Series Ohmmeter
Analog screens with color-coding for easy reading are situated on this device. A manual range selection feature is also available. This product includes interchangeable test leads as well as operating instructions to assist you in using this equipment. Fuse overload protection circuitry is integrated into the design. A 15-position rotary dial controls the device’s operation. It is a great alternative to harbor freight ohm meter.
- A DC of up to 250 mA can be measured.
- It is an easy-to-use and easy-to-read ohmmeter.
- It has the ability to work for more than 12 years.
- It is a handy-sized device.
- There is a problem with the resistance measurement.
- It won’t stay calibrated, though.
Analog Pointer Series Ohmmeter
This is an Analog Pointer Series Ohmmeter . The measurement error is 2.5 percent using the Multitester, which has a high degree of precision. Because of its compact size, it’s very simple to carry when working outside, and it’s easy to store when not in use. The measuring speed is 3 times faster than most other ohmmeters, and the wires are nicely constructed. This is a magnetoelectric rectification meter. Data hold, max reading, and an easy-to-read big LCD screen. It has an automatic switch-off feature. Practical and robust ohmmeter with the pointer. It is the best analog volt ohmmeter.
Electrical components such as cables, batteries, and cells are tested using this portable digital ohmmeter for general-purpose testing. With its sophisticated ohmmeter technology for measuring resistance, capacitance, and frequency, as well as reinforced corners for protection against drops and other accidents, this ohmmeter is an indispensable tool in a wide range of electrical and electronic applications. It is the best vaping ohmmeter.
- Superior grade plastic material is used in its construction, and it is completed using good technology.
- It can measure 18 grades and 21 ranges, this is a magnetoelectric rectification ohmmeter.
- A big size scale is included in this device.
- It is a good quality product.
- This ohmmeter has particularly poor probes.
Best Shunt Ohmmeter
Shunt ohmmeters are such specific types of ohmmeters that measure the resistance of components only connected to the battery through parallel connections in a big way. It is definitely mainly used to measure the resistance value of low-resistance components subtly. It is extremely difficult to measure the resistance of the connected components in a series connection. To recognize it, you will also need to make sure that it is analog. You will not have any problem identifying it because when you look at its scale, you will find that the smallest to the largest numbers will be printed on it from left to right respectively.
The Shunt ohmmeter is mainly used to measure the resistance of components of LED devices and all home appliances which are connected in parallel connections. These days, it has become very difficult to identify even these shunt ohmmeters due to the hybrid ohmmeters that have the properties of both shunt and series ohmmeters. The properties of both shunt and series are also found in digital ohmmeter.
TOOLSTAR Analog Shunt Ohmmeter
It is an ideal pocket-sized ohmmeter for testing electrical and electronic circuits. It features input terminals that are recessed. Its resistance range (ohms) is about x10/x100/1k. It can also measure the components of 0 to 10/50/250/1000 Volts DC Voltage Range. Designed to be easy to read and use, it’s straightforward to navigate. You may use it around the house, in your car (It is the best ohmmeter for cars), on your boat, or even in your travel trailer.
- It is a handy-size device and also easy to carry.
- This ohmmeter is best for measuring components of cars, home appliances, and also SMD components of other devices.
- Instructions, probes, and a free battery are included with the package of this device.
- This device is very easy to use.
- Its probes are weak and its needles are also nothing special.
Uxcell Analog Shunt Ohmmeter
As well as ohm measurements, this ohmmeter includes diode testing, battery power tests, temperature measurement, and capacitance measurements as well as load voltage measurements and infrared remote control detection. On this ohmmeter, you will find precise calibration, a clear dial, clear measurement results, and excellent efficiency. It features a self-locking bracket, which makes it easy to install. This bracket is sturdy, and it can be adjusted to the angle that is needed. It is the best analog volt ohmmeter.
To measure the voltage, it is strictly prohibited to place the ohmmeter’s gear in DC. Because ohmmeter current gear in the instrumentation sector can not transport voltage, this action will destroy circuit boards.
- Its battery power measurement limits are 1.2V, 1.5V, 2V, 3V, 3.6V, and 9V.
- It can measure resistance from RL=7.5-8ohm 9V to RL=190ohm.
- It is easy to use and easy to carry ohmmeter.
- Your results will be more accurate with its analog scale.
- Some of the component’s resistance can not be read by this ohmmeter.
- The finishing of this ohmmeter is not good.
Best Multi-Range Ohmmeter
Multi-range ohmmeters are special ohmmeters designed to measure the resistance of components in different ranges. There is an adjuster in it so that we can adjust it to different ranges according to our requirements. It measures the resistance of SMD components with maximum and minimum resistance ranges. Multi-range ohmmeters are most commonly available in digital format these days. The analog multi-range ohmmeter is now almost non-existent. Some digital multi-range ohmmeters have buttons to adjust them to different ranges.
Due to the ability to measure components of multiple ranges in a multi-range ohmmeter, almost every type of component can be measured with it. It is used by technicians who repair such equipment whose components have the lowest to the highest resistance. We will tell you about two such best multi-range ohmmeters, using which people’s work is easy and people appreciate it.
Siglent Multi-Range Ohmmeter
It has an excellent quality dual RMS screen which shows the output value in a very good way. It has up to 150 rdgs/s measurement speed. Which shows you the result very quickly. A real 5½ digits of reading resolution are included in this ohmmeter. A thermocouple with the built-in cold terminal compensating feature is available in this ohmmeter. It has a USB-GPI adaptor, a scanner card, and an optional interface (Must be purchased and factory-installed with a new ohmmeter). It is the best ohmmeter for speakers.
- It has a very outstanding dual RMS screen that displays value very accurately.
- Its build quality is very awesome and its look is very fantastic and mechanical.
- It is very easy to use a multi-range ohmmeter.
- It has got very good quality buttons.
- It supports USB host, USB device, and LAN interfaces.
- It is best for Lab workings.
- It has a problem with digit resolutions.
- It has the problem of stopping suddenly.
Milky House Multi-Range Ohmmeter
Designed for electrical troubleshooting, the Milky House multimeter can also be used for electronics teaching. For easier reading in low-lit places, the LCD backlight makes it simpler to read. Hold the reading on the display. Just push the ‘LED’ button and the reading on the screen will be locked. With its backlight LCD screen, this digital ohmmeter can satisfy your different needs. A range of automobile and household electrical problems can be safely and properly diagnosed with this tool. It easily measures the resistance of components at each range of resistance.
- You can measure easily AC/DC Voltage with it.
- There is a BSI in it which keeps on giving information about the battery.
- It also has overload protection so that it will not get damaged easily.
- Its measured values are absolutely accurate.
- It is a premium quality product.
- Some of its units do not last long.
Best Micro Ohmmeter
Micro Ohmmeters are ohmmeters that measure the resistance of low-resistance SMD components. It is used in cheap level hardware, which is mainly for repairing mobile phones and other small devices. With its help, the components are tested and the faults of the defective devices are detected and fixed. This device makes the work of low-level technicians very easy and, with the help of this, their work gets completed quickly. It is also small in size, which makes it easy for technicians to put it in their tool bag and carry it anywhere easily.
These are basically digital-only in which an LCD screen is installed. The length of its probes is also less, due to which there is no problem. Because of its size, people carry it by putting it in their pockets as well. These Micro Ohmmeters should be used with care. Since it is made to measure components with low resistance, components with high resistance should not be tested by mistake, otherwise, they may also get damaged. We are going to tell you about two great micro ohmmeters that have benefited people a lot.
Extech UM200 Micro Ohmmeter
In this device, the precision of the measurement is 1 ohm. Six current ranges, each with three subranges, are now in use by people. This micro ohmmeter can be used to measure both resistive and inductive materials. 5-digit LCD backlight, PC interface (not included). Test current up to 10A, auto or manual range selection, 10A maximum range selection, auto or manual range selection. You may store up to 3000 measurements. Measuring the length of the cable (feet or meters). An AC adapter, a USB cable, and software complete the package. It is the best automotive ohmmeter.
- Its LCD screen is of very good quality.
- All its buttons are of high quality.
- Its adjuster dial is also of good quality.
- Its entire body structure is made of high-quality plastic.
- This is a handy size micro ohmmeter.
- Its probe connectors are very weak.
Appellant AT518L Micro Ohmmeter
The Micro ohmmeter T518 utilizes a 32-bit CPU. High precision and an extensive measuring range are the features of this multi-purpose meter. Measurements of passive components may be made over a long period of time, with high accuracy and convenience. The measuring range is 10 to 20M, and the highest reading is 20000. This micro ohmmeter is a standard function for temperature adjustment. 0.05 percent accuracy is guaranteed even if the testing speed is less than 15/s.
Its unique current testing mode allows it to satisfy a variety of testing needs. Remote control, data gathering, and analysis are also possible with the AT518’s Mini-USB interface. This series of resistors can be used in a variety of applications, including switches and connectors with contact resistance, relay coils with contact resistance, transformers, inductors, motors, and welding contact conductors for vehicles, boats, and airplanes. It can also be used to detect cracks in printed circuit boards and printed circuit lines. It is the best alternative to harbor freight ohmmeter and also the best low resistance ohmmeter.
- This is a premium quality product.
- Its all buttons are made of premium quality materials.
- Its body structure is made of high-quality plastic.
- This micro ohmmeter is best for lab use.
- It is not too big and is portable.
- This product does not have any cons or disadvantages.
Best Milliohm meter
Milliohm meters are ohmmeters that measure the resistance of components with low and medium to slightly low resistance. Milliohm meters are used especially for repairing low-capacity home appliances. Devices that utilize a four-wire Kelvin probe system send a test current through the probe such that the voltage is detected by the center pin can measure very tiny resistances. This makes the work of technicians much easier and quicker. Technicians also use it to increase their productivity. Milliohm meters are also not very large in size and are mostly found in digital format.
It is also available in different sizes for different purposes. Specifications for bandwidth, sampling rate, maximum channels, and operating temperature are included in milliohm meter specifications, as well as the kind of display and digits displayed. The frequency range across which AC or voltage may be measured is called the bandwidth. Digitometers examine an analog signal and convert it to an electronic value at regular intervals, known as the sampling rate.
HR390 Milliohm Meter
It measures the resistance value very accurately and displays it on the screen. Its resistance measuring ability is 0.001 to 120 ohms, which is very good. Its resistance measurement resolution is 1mili ohms. Its measuring capacitance range is 10pf to 20000uf. Its working voltage is 7 to 12 VDC. It is the best cheap ohmmeter. It is a great alternative to the best fast tech ohmmeter.
- It is a very compact-sized milliohm meter.
- A very good quality LCD screen is included in its structure.
- It is an open-source milliohm meter device.
- It is a value for money product.
- It has no external structure.
- It is not safe for children.
Vici Digital Milliohm Meter
For low resistance measurements, the device features a large LCD screen for simple viewing and high accuracy and performance. It features a data hold key and a backlit LCD screen for easier viewing in the dark. Its high measuring range of 0.01 milliohm to 2-kilo ohm at 6 ranges. Strong anti-magnetic and anti-jamming features – Connection for external power supply. Conductors, electric heating elements, and solder point resistance can be measured with accuracy using 4-wire cables with Kelvin clip connections.
- It helps people find shorted wiring in their houses.
- It is a premium quality product.
- It is made of high-quality plastic.
- It gives accurate values
- It is a value for money product.
- It is large in size and tough to put into a tool bag.
The meghohmmeter is a type of ohmmeter that is well-known for measuring the resistance values of components with high resistance capacities. It is large in size, and the LCD screen is installed in its structure. The dial is placed at the bottom of the LCD screen. With the help of that dial, it is adjusted to different modes. By adjusting it in different modes, the resistance values of the components with maximum resistance capacity are measured. Meghohmmeters are mostly used in industrial work. Their structure is very strong so that they do not break even when they fall.
You will definitely find electrical workers working with meghohmmeters in factories and workshops. These devices easily access DC voltages (usually 500V to 5kV, although some can exceed 15kV) at specified current capacities. Isolator resistance can be measured from 1 to 10 megohms, depending on the standards used. There are two meghohmmeters of this type that are highly useful to people. Using these, people can do their tasks with ease. Megohmmeters are also known as Meggers. It is also quite easy to address it with the word Megger.
Klein Tools ET600 Megohmmeter
125V, 250V, 500V, and 1000V test voltages may be generated for insulation resistance measurements up to 4000MΩ on the ET600 multi-function megohmmeter. With automated ranging True RMS technology, this unit can also test AC/DC voltages up to 1,000V. Hands-free operation with convenient lock feature and built-in stand.
This meghohmmeter has a warning alert and a high voltage indicator for voltage detection. Its True Root Mean Square (TRMS) technology for enhanced accuracy of value and its automated range-finding feature. This megohmmeter has a built-in stand and an optional magnetic hanger for hands-free use. It is the best ohmmeter with sound and it is also the best volt ohmmeter.
- It is made of high-quality plastic.
- This is the best megohmmeter for hand-free works.
- It has a lock button for normal insulation testing.
- Its solid structure is dedicated to heavy-duty works.
- It is a premium quality product.
- It comes with 6 pieces of AA batteries for fantastic performance.
- It is too early to offer accurate measured values or evaluations.
AEMC 2126.53 Digital Megohmmeter
It kind of is a true megohmmeter for accurate measurement, which is basically quite significant. Its insulation test voltage options are essentially 250, 500, and 1000 volts, depending on the mode you choose, or so they think. For timed measures up to 15 minutes, it features EST generally LOCK in a very big way. It generally has such a feature that it gets discharged automatically after insulation testing. In this megohmmeter, you also get an AC/DC voltmeter for 600VAC/1000VDC. It is a great alternative to the fluke megohmmeter. This is the best digital ohmmeter and a great alternative to fluke mega ohmmeter.
- It is a value for money product.
- In this megohmmeter, you get a large-sized LCD screen that shows the measured values well.
- With this megohmmeter, most ohmmeter accessories will fit.
- It is a good quality megohmmeter.
- Its insulation test results are very good and accurate.
- It is an easy-to-use megger.
- Its probe connectors become loose in a short period of time.
What Is Ohmmeter?
An ohmmeter is an instrumental tool with the help of which the resistance values of any SMD components are measured. There are two probes attached to it to measure the components, as well as an adjuster dial that is installed at the bottom of its LCD screen, which sets it to different modes and measures the components. These ohmmeters are found in various sizes and types. It is used for lab work, industrial work, and field technicians. They are widely used in repairing works. It makes the work easier for people.
How To Use An OHM Meter
Ohmmeters are very useful instrumental tools that make mechanical and technical tasks easier and better. You have to know about their usefulness. We show you how these ohmmeters work and how to make your tasks easier. You will understand how does an ohmmeter work by reading this part of the article. With this, you will also be able to know how to use an ohmmeter. This question must have also come to your mind about how to read an ohmmeter. The answer is also in this.
- As Ohm comes in the name of the Ohmmeter, we can understand that this device definitely measures something related to Ohm. Now we also know that Ohm is the unit of measurement of resistance. From this, it is clear that it measures the resistance value of SMD components.
- With this, to measure any component resistance value, its probes are placed above those components whose resistance value has to be extracted. The probes are mainly two, one of which is live and the other is negative. The last part of the probes is thick on some needle types.
- Before placing the probes on the components, the ohmmeter has to be set to the mode of the component to be measured with the help of an adjuster dial. This adjuster dial is at the bottom of the LCD screen.
- After placing the probes on the components, you can easily see the resistance value of the ohmmeter on the LCD screen. The LCD screen installed on the Ohmmeter is a large size in which you will be able to see the value of the components clearly.
- After checking the resistance value of the components, you can easily turn them off with the help of the adjuster dial on the ohmmeter. Turning off will keep the charge of its battery.
Advantages Of Ohmmeters
There are many utilities in the technical and mechanical work of the Ohmmeter instrument. It makes the day-to-day tasks of technicians easier and better. With the help of this, they can get their work done as soon as possible. By learning to utilize it in a good way, you will also be able to increase your work. This article will prove to be helpful for you. You see the advantages of ohmmeters in the following points.
- Most ohmmeters are portable and small or medium-sized, so you can carry them and use them wherever you go.
- Most of the meggers are made very strong, which is used in factories or workshops, where they are used rough, yet they last for a long time due to their strength.
- It is used to repair many electronic parts of cars, which is why many people like to keep ohmmeters in their cars.
- You can increase your productivity by purchasing a high quality value for money ohmmeter. You can find such an ohmmeter with the help of this article.
- The ohmmeter has proved to be a boon for the mobile repair industry because, with its help, the resistance value of the smallest components can be measured, especially with the help of milliohm meters.
- These ohmmeters have also provided a new dimension to the Computer Hardware Repair Industries or Mechanical Hardware Repair Industries.
- Many such features have been developed in modern ohmmeters which are very special. Such ohmmeters are also present on the market today which have the feature of automatic switch off which saves the charge of their battery.
Must Keep In Your Mind
Things You Should Keep in Mind Before Using Ohmmeter
The ohmmeter is a fantastic instrumental tool, but before using it, you need to keep some important things in mind so that you do not suffer any kind of damage at all. We are going to tell you the same things, keeping in mind that you can get the maximum benefit from an Ohmmeter, too, without any harm. You just have to keep these following things in your mind and you will be able to handle your work very easily with the help of an ohmmeter.
- Always wear ESD gloves when using it.
- While using it, make sure that you are wearing an ESD suit.
- You should carefully place your ohmmeter in your tool bag so that it does not get damaged.
- Wrap its probes well after use so that they do not break apart from the ohmmeter.
- Always keep it out of reach of small children as its sharp probes can be harmful to them.
- When you go to buy an ohmmeter for yourself, then buy it according to your purpose so that it can work for you in the best way.
- If you get any benefit from ohmmeters, then inform those people who hardly complete their technical work without them.
We told you these things because, keeping all these things in mind, you can use the ohmmeter carefully and take advantage of it. It will not harm you at all.
Why Ohmmeter Is Required For You?
The ohmmeter is very important for those doing technical work. If you are a field technician, mobile technician, or mechanical worker, then you will need an ohmmeter to measure the resistance of the components of the printed circuit board. With its help, you will be able to easily measure the resistance of any component in ohms.
With the help of this, you can measure the resistance value of any component without desoldering it from the printed circuit board itself. You can measure the resistance value of high resistance components with the help of a megger, while with the help of a micro ohmmeter you can measure the resistance value of low resistance components. You also need it because small home appliances can also be fixed with it. Nowadays, people fix their own small appliances in their homes with the help of this.
Buyer’s Guidelines For Best Ohmmeters
Frequently Asked Questions
What ohmmeter means? or, What is ohmmeter?
The ohmmeter refers to a device that is used to measure the resistance value of any component of a circuit board.
What is ohmmeter used for?
The ohmmeter is used to measure the resistance values of the components on the printed circuit board.
What is the best brand of a multimeter?
Fluke and Innova are two of the best brands for multimeters and they are also popular. You can buy them without any hesitation.
What is the best ohmmeter for home use?
To find the answer to this question, read our article carefully.
How should ohmmeter be connected?
The ohmmeter should first be adjusted according to its mode with the help of an adjuster dial and its probes should be attached to the component.
Is ohmmeter connected in series or parallel?
The ohmmeter can be connected to both series and parallel circuits, but it has two different types: you have to read our article carefully.
What are the types of ohmmeter?
We have discussed openly the types of ohmmeter in this article. You can read it by going above.
What is the lowest range in ohmmeter reading?
Ohms range from a few to 1,000,000 (1 megohm). Ohmmeters use scale multiplication to represent any value being measured with the least amount of inaccuracy possible.
How do the three types of ohmmeter differ?
Read our article carefully to learn in detail about the three types of ohmmeter that differ due to their quality.
How does series ohmmeter work?
We have explained excellently in this article about how the series ohmmeter works, so please go above and read it carefully.
For you, we have discussed in detail about ohmmeters, by reading which you will get almost complete information about ohmmeters. Here we have explained what an ohmmeter is and have highlighted its types. By reading this article, you will understand how ohmmeters work and how we can competently use them. If you are a technician or hardware worker, we hope this article will be very useful. After reading this article, you will not need to go anywhere else to learn about ohmmeters. We did not mention anything about the best fasttech ohmmeter here because you will find its best options in our product list. You will have a great advantage after reading this article. You will be able to buy an ideal ohmmeter such as Cyeelves digital ohmmeter according to your purpose and will definitely be able to help people buy it. It is our little demand that if you get any benefit from reading this article, then spread it to more people so that this article can also come in handy for those people. Do not forget to check our website to read such informative and helpful articles. Our other articles will also help you to buy similar technical gadgets.