Best Resin 3D printers are able to offer an extremely high level of detail and smooth surfaces. Unlike, Peek or FDM 3d printers the 3D printing technology used by the resin 3D printers is different. They solidify a photopolymer with the help of a laser or light projector, and some use an LCD screen to mask the light. This guide features a selection of some of the best resin 3D printers for professionals and explains the difference between laser SLA, DLP, and LCD resin 3D printers.
There are various budget 3D printers that have taken the market by storm and have been used in various applications like the 3D printers for elementary school. But the resin 3d printers have a rich history of their printing techniques which has become more and more advanced and user friendly with the passage of time.
Best Resin 3D printers use a technology which is additionally known as vat polymerization, is offered in three most essential flavors: SLA, DLP, and LCD. This textual content will primarily focus on LCD 3D printers, nonetheless, it’s good to know how SLA works sooner than trying to know DLP and LCD. In its place of a laser, digital light processing (DLP) makes use of a digital light projector to treatment the resin. It flashes images of full layers onto the underside of the vat. Mild is selectively directed using a digital micromirror machine (DMD), which is an ingredient consisting of numerous 1000’s of tiny mirrors.
Best Resin 3D Printers
What Is The Best Resin 3D Printer?
👉 Overall best resin 3d printer for jewelry -: ANYCUBIC Photon Mono LCD 3D Printer
👉 Budget best large format resin 3d printer -: LONGER Orange 10 Resin SLA 3D Printer
👉 Simplest best resin 3d printer for kids -: ANYCUBIC Photon Mono SE Resin 3D Printer
👉 Most Affordable best professional SLA 3d printer -: Creality LD002R LCD Resin 3D Printer
👉 Best resolution SLA 3D printer For Hobbyists -: ELEGOO Mars 2 Mono MSLA LCD 3D Printer
👉 Best professional resin 3d printer -: ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X Large Format Resin 3D Printer
👉 Best resin 3D printer under 500$ -: PHROZEN Sonic Mini 4K LCD Resin 3D Printer
👉 Inexpensive Best resin 3D printers For Beginners -: QIDI TECH Shadow 5.5 S UV LCD Resin 3D Printer
👉 User friendly Best Resin 3D printer -: VOXELAB Proxima 2K Monochrome LCD UV Photocuring Resin 3D Printer
👉 Best Resin 3D printer under 2000$ -: QIDI Technology Large Build Volume Resin 3D Printer
Top 10 Resin 3D Printers
Top Picks By The GV 3D Printing Experts
Best Resin 3D Printer Reviews
Best SLA, FDM And Resin 3D Printers For Professionals And Industries
ANYCUBIC Photon Mono LCD 3D Printer With Fast Printing, UV Photocuring
ANYCUBIC Photon Mono LCD 3D Printer With Fast Printing, UV Photocuring, 6.08'' 2K Monochrome LCD, 5.11"(L) x 3.14"(W) x 6.49"(H) Printing Size
$249.99 in stock
- ANYCUBIC Photon Mono LCD screen Adopts matrix parallel light source 15 pcs lamp beads, is able to carry out uniform exposure, improve the quality of models, Z-axis guide rail structure and stepper motor have better stability, with an accuracy of 0.01mm, it effectively eliminating layer patterns, It's a great 3D printer for printing games, movies, cartoon characters, miniatures, etc.
- Photon Mono 3D Printer's printing speed is 2.5X faster than the regular 3d printers, rapid prototyping greatly improved printing efficiency and saved more time, comes with a 6.08'' 2K Monochrome LCD and only takes 1.5 seconds per layer exposure to cure resin.
- Off-line printing function with size 5.11"(L) x 3.14"(W) x 6.49"(H) / 130 x 80 x165MM, Photon Mono resin 3d printer uses a removable one-piece transparent cover to make the internal space of the machine, and the printer can be set to stop printing immediately after opening the cover, Friendly use for beginners and good performance for the enthusiasts
- The transparent cover blocks up to 99.95% of ultraviolet rays with a wavelength of 405nm, can be effective high resin solidification rate and ensure your success printing, reduce wasting of resin, New photon mono uses One-piece FEP, which can be easier and quicker to replace
- All of our 3d printers provide one month free return and exchange, one year warranty (exclude consumable parts like LCD screen & FEP film) and lifetime technical support, If you encounter any problems, please feel free contact us
The fastest printing speed per hour of ANYCUBIC Photon Mono 3d Printer reaches 50mm/h, which is 2.5X faster than regular resin printers. Greatly reduce printing time and save your costs. ANYCUBIC Photon Mono is one of the best Resin 3d Printer that uses 15 pcs lamp beads to make a new matrix parallel light source, which can spread the light source evenly and dissipate heat, and can well ensure the precision of the model during the printing process.
ANYCUBIC Photon Mono 3d printer supports the use of Photon workshop, Chitubox, Lychee and other common slicing software, to meet different usage habits as much as possible. The top cover blocks 99.95% of ultraviolet rays, which can reduce the influence of ineffective light during the printing process and ensure the model to be better cured. All of ANYCUBIC 3D Printers power supply has UL certification, CE marking, and ETL certification while ensuring user safety.
- Adopts matrix parallel light source
- 2K Monochrome LCD and only takes 1.5 seconds per layer
- Great 3D printer for miniatures. Detail is amazing.
- Needs a bit more upgrade
LONGER Orange 10 Resin SLA 3D Printer with Parallel LED Lighting
LONGER Orange 10 Resin SLA 3D Printer with Parallel LED Lighting, 3.86' x 2.17 x 5.5' Printing Size And Temperature Warning
- 【SLA 3D Printer】Entry-level UV light curing LCD 3D printer. Machine preassembled and easy setup. Rapid prototyping with high precision details. LCD printers have higher precision than FDM printers.
- 【24 Parallel LED Lighting】Compare to other printers(4 spotlights), this 3d printer uses 24 parallel LED lights. Improved printing quality, curing speed and substrate adhesion with parallel LED lighting and uniform lighting intensity distribution.
- 【Smart and Fast Slicing】LONGER self-developed slicing software. Output 100M slicing file in 1 minute, 3 times faster. Smart support generation in one-click, enhanced cross-link structure. Also supported by CHITUBOX.
- 【Easy to Use】Full color touch screen, preview and monitor print status in real-time. Easy leveling. Full metal body, Robust adhesion. Safety temperature warning system.
- 【Warranty and Service】NOTE: The printer comes without resin. 12-Month machine warranty (4.5'' LCD Screen and FEP film excluded) and Lifetime Technical Support. High-efficiency and considerate community support on Facebook.
LCD is a new technology of stereolithography(SLA) 3D printing. Compare to traditional SLA, LCD can be more valuable as it uses an array of LEDs shining through an LCD to project the UV light to cure resin. Longer brand is outstanding in this new technology, as have strong R&D team specializes in newest 3D printing technology and production & Quality system, always provide the high quality and best resin 3D printers to all valued-customers. Upgraded UV-LED Module, provide special optical path design, uniform distribution of energy, both contribute to enhance prototype precision, you can get a better printing result.
This 3d printer equipped with a 2.8-inch color touch screen, you can preview the model, choose the file, etc, which makes operation easier and convenient. It supports offline printing by transmitting printing job file data from the TF card (8G comes with the printers). Automatically detect suspended parts with one button and add cross-linked grid support, which is more stable, to increase the success rate of complex model printing. Professional slicing software output 100M slicing file in 1 minute, 3 times faster than an open-source solution.
- Parallel LED lighting and uniform lighting intensity distribution
- Full metal body, Robust adhesion
- easy to setup and use. find files in same directory stl used for slicer is in
- Not as such
ANYCUBIC Photon Mono SE Resin 3D Printer with 6″ 2K Mono Screen and WiFi Function, Dual Z-axis Linear Rail
ANYCUBIC Photon Mono SE Resin 3D Printer with 6" 2K Mono Screen and WiFi Function, Dual Z-axis Linear Rail, Print Size 5.12"(L) x 3.07"(W) x 6.29"(H)
- Ultra Fast Printing Resin 3D Printer, ANYCUBIC Photon Mono SE’s printing speed is 4X faster than ANYCUBIC photon, comes with a 6.08'' 2K Monochrome LCD and only takes 1 second per layer exposure to cure resin, rapid prototyping greatly improved printing efficiency and saved more time. Mono LCD has a much longer lifespan,which is 4 times longer than RGB color screen and can print over 2000 hours
- High Precision and Strong Stability, This LCD 3d printer adopts new upgraded matrix parallel light source, able to spread the UV light more evenly across the LCD, working together with dual Z-axis guide rail structure, the printing details and precision are greatly improved and the quality of printed models will blow your mind, it's a great sla 3d printer for printing cartoon characters and miniatures, etc
- Sturdy Build Quality: Metal frame and CNC machined aluminum body makes Photon Mono Se a very formidable machine, with sanded aluminum platform, greatly enhance the adhesion between platform and prints and enables consistent printing success, and double built-in active carbon maximally absorb the fume of resin and offer you a refreshing printing experience
- WIFI Control and Easy Leveling: Photon Mono SE adopts Anycubic 3d app through wifi, which can remote control your print operations, monitor printing progress and adjust print settings at any time. Our resin 3d printer comes with 90% pre-assembled, and leveling can be done in few simple steps; 1, loosen the platform, 2, Click "Tools" - "Move Z" - "Home" icon and auto adjusts, 3, Tighten the screw on the right side of the platform.Then ready for your printing
- Better Heat Dissipation System, Anycubic Photon Mono SE 's UV Cooling System has exclusive UV heat dissipation channel, efficient cooling, improving printing quality and service life. All ANYCUBIC 3D printers backed with lifetime technical support and 24 hours professional customer service
The ANYCUBIC Photon Mono is one of the best resin 3D printers whose SE’s Z-axis is supported by dual linear rails, stepper motor, and clearance nut combination which will dramatically improve stability while in motion and reduces the risk of shifted layering. It adopts new upgraded matrix parallel light source, is able to spread the UV light more evenly across the LCD. Greatly improved printing quality precision and quality. Printer’s UV Cooling System has exclusive UV heat dissipation channel, efficient cooling, improving printing quality and service life. Printer uses 3.5 inch touchscreen with a fully functional menu, the New UI is highly intuitive and responsive.
- Improved printing efficiency and saves more time
- Double built-in active carbon maximally absorb the fume of resin
- Easy set up and Amazing Prints
- Decent hardware, but software/firmware forced a returned
Creality LD002R LCD Resin 3D Printer with Air Filtering System and 3.5” Smart Touch Color Screen Off-line Print
Creality LD002R LCD Resin 3D Printer with Air Filtering System and 3.5'' Smart Touch Color Screen Off-line Print 4.69" x 2.56" x 6.29" Printing Size
- Air Filter: LD002R equipped with air filtering system. There is a small box at the rear of the print chamber containing a pouch of activated carbon, which can help to remove part of the stench of exposed resin from the air.
- Fast CHITUBOX Slicing Software: LD002R uses the latest version of CHITUBOX Slicing Software which gives you an extraordinary user experience. CHITUBOX takes only 1 minute to slice 30Mb .stl model files while the open-sourced slicing software would take up to 10minutes.
- Incredible Precision and Resolution: 30W Powerful UV light for fast printing, ensuring 4s per layer. LD002R also uses a 2560x1440 2K HD masking LCD.
- Anti-Aliasing: LD002R use an LCD screen to mask an image of a layer over a UV light source. Comprised of hundreds of thousands of pixels, each a little rectangle itself, this tech leaves a telltale sign of the edges of these pixels on the print surface. Often barely visible, this effect can be lessened through the use of a digital processing called anti-aliasing, which interpolates between these edges, smoothing the effect out.
- Easy to Operate: Easy to set up, easy to choose printing file and view print progress through an user-friendly 3.5'' full color touch screen. Level the platform by adjusting 4 hex screws ¡ª loosen them before dropping the plate, and it will align to the level of the screen. LD002R allows you to start printing job within 5 minutes after assembly. OFFICIAL SERVICES: Comgrow team provides you lifetime technical assistance and 24 hours professional customer service.
LD002R equipped with dual fans for excellent ventilation, and applies activated carbon air filtration, thus able to effectively reduce the divergence of odor. LD002R uses the latest version of CHITUBOX Slicing Software which gives you an extraordinary user experience. CHITUBOX takes only 1 minute to slice 30Mb .stl model files while the open-sourced slicing software would take up to 10minutes. Special FEP release film tightened from both sides, prolonging service life.
Quickly remove residues from the resin vat with the removal of release film. User-friendly 3.5” full-color touch screen. Level the platform by adjusting 4 screws, which allows you to start printing the job within 5 minutes after assembly. Creality LD002R has an integrated computer board for printing directly from USB. You don’t need to connect it to the computer while printing. Simple and fast. LD002R is equipped with special high-strength tempered glass and integrated into the 2k LCD screen. During the printing process, the release film is smoother and more durable.
- Slicing Software gives you an extraordinary user experience.
- 30W Powerful UV light for fast printing
- Overall great resin printer, especially for the price
- Print dimensional stability poor for engineering prototypes.
ELEGOO Mars 2 Mono MSLA LCD 3D Printer with 6.08 inch 2K Monochrome
ELEGOO Mars 2 Mono MSLA LCD 3D Printer with 6.08 inch 2K Monochrome , Printing Size 5.1x3.1x5.9inch
1 used from $200.30
- 【Fast Printing and less maintenance】Mars 2 comes with a 6.08 inch monochrome LCD of 2K HD resolution and only takes 2 seconds per layer exposure to cure resin, which could significantly enhance your printing efficiency. Mono LCD has a much longer lifespan and stable performance during long term printing, thus saves your cost.
- 【Outstanding prints and ultra accuracy】Brand new light source structure provides more even UV light emission and working together with 2K mono LCD, the printing details and precision are greatly improved and the 3D printed models are fascinating.
- 【Sturdy build quality】CNC machined aluminum body makes Mars 2 a very formidable machine. Newly-designed build plate has a much stronger adherence during printing and enables consistent printing success.
- 【Multi language interface】Mars 2 now supports 12 kinds of languages so customers across the world could operate the 3D printer more conveniently without barriers. The newly added 10 languages are Japanese, Dutch, Korean, French, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Turkish and Portuguese.
- 【Warranty and Service】We provide a 1-year warranty on the whole printer and 6-month warranty for the 2K LCD (FEP film is excluded).
Photopolymer resin is essential to MSLA is one of the best resin 3D printers, and ELEGOO has been working hard to provide high-quality resin that works excellently with most LCD 3D Printers. We highly recommend using ELEGOO resin when you print models on the Mars 23D Printer. ELEGOO Mars 2 MSLA 3D Printer is ELEGOO 6.08 inch LCD 3D Printer that uses monochrome LCD and COB UV light source. It has 50μm XY precision and high printing speed at 1.5-2s/layer. Extra building volume can meet most of your printing needs from industrial parts to board game miniatures.
Printer comes with a 6.08-inch Monochrome LCD that has 2K HD resolution. It is four times longer in lifespan and two times faster in printing speed than the regular RGB LCD 3D printers, which means higher printing efficiency, more stable performance, and less maintenance. The new operating system now supports 13 different languages: Chinese, English, Japanese, Dutch, Korean, French, German, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Turkish, and Portuguese, which significantly facilitates worldwide users to use Mars 2 more conveniently.
Excellent heat dissipation performance, high luminous maintenance rate, uniform light emission, and no spots. COB light source has proved itself to be a fantastic upgrade that ensures each printing comes out perfectly. Chitu Box has been a very helpful companion when you are using ELEGOO MSLA resin 3D printers from slicing .stl file to adding supports. With the latest 8-times anti-aliasing function, you can get a much smoother printing surface.
- Outstanding prints and ultra accuracy
- Sturdy build quality
- Impressive entry-level resin printer for the price!
- Decent Quality, but with a lot of not so obvious issues.
ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X Large Format Resin 3D Printer with 8.9″ 4K Monochrome LCD
ANYCUBIC Photon Mono X Large Format Resin 3D Printer with 8.9" 4K Monochrome LCD, Large Build Volume Of 192mm(L) x120mm(W) x245mm(H)
$699.99 in stock
- 【Large Resin 3D Printer】: Its big build size 192mm(L)*120mm(W)*245mm(H) able to maximally unleash your creative potentiality; a game changer for 3D resin printing.
- 【8.9″ 4K Monochrome LCD】: The resolution is 3840*2400 pixels, which able to greatly restore print details to the original state, and Its lifespan is up to 2000h.
- 【Faster Printing Speed】: The exposure time is as low as 1.5-2 seconds, and its max print speed is 60mm/h, making printing speed 3X faster than the regular 3d printer.
- 【Upgraded LED Array】: Uses a UV matrix of Leds instead of a larger one in the center, which provide much more even light distribution across your whole prints
- 【With Dual Z-Axis】: For those who worried about the possibility of the Z-axis track loosening up, the 3D printer is what you need, which eliminates Z-wobble producing higher print quality
The resolution is 3840*2400 pixels, which able to greatly restore print details to the original state. Uses UV matrix of Leds which provide much more even light distribution across your whole prints. Double effetive cooling device specially designed for stable printing permance and longer service life. No worry about Z wobble issue; The dual Z axis rail eliminates Z-wobble while producing higher print quality. Able to control the print operations remotely. Furthermore, it comes with UL Certification, CE marking and ETL Certification. Enhances the adhesion between platform and prints.
- Its lifespan is up to 2000h
- Uses a UV matrix of Leds instead of a larger one in the center
- Low-cost entry into resin printing; amazing print quality.
- Affordable next-generation UV LCD resin printer, but not ideal for fine-detail jewelry
PHROZEN Sonic Mini 4K LCD Resin 3D Printer with 6.1 inch True 4K Monochrome LCD Screen, UV ParaLED Light
PHROZEN Sonic Mini 4K LCD Resin 3D Printer with 6.1 inch True 4K Monochrome LCD Screen, UV ParaLED Light And Print Volume Of L5.2 x W2.9 x H5.1in
$369.99 in stock
- Most consumer-friendly 4K 3D printer on the market.
- 4K resolution, prints at 35µm, and produces highly detailed 3D models.
- With a printing speed of 80mm per hour, the Sonic Mini 4K is able to print one layer in ONLY 2 seconds!
- The Sonic Mini 4K uses a Monochrome LCD screen that is guaranteed to work for over 2000 hours. We offer a free 3-month warranty for all our LCD screens.
- The printer is extremely lightweight and easy to store.
Phrozen is a Taiwan-based startup that develops professional and consumer-friendly LCD 3D printers. Our mission is to strive towards enhancing human creativity and productivity by creating groundbreaking, innovative 3D printing solutions. Since its launch in 2016, Phrozen has successfully brought once-inaccessible 3D printing technology to consumers while maintaining industrial-grade precision and printing capabilities.
The company is now rapidly expanding to markets in the U.S., Europe, Japan, South Korea, Australia, and more. 3840 x 2160 Ultra-high-definition. Prints at 35µm with 722 PPI, the highest PPI ever, and comes with a large printing area of 6.1”. Prints up to 4 times faster than traditional 3D printers, taking only two seconds to print one layer. Our LCD screens work for over 2,000 hours.
Using a minimalist design, the Sonic Mini 4K is one of the best resin 3D printers that comes with great capability at just a fraction of the cost, making 3D printing more accessible for everyone. Compact & lightweight, easy to store and fits in different settings for both personal or professional uses. Compatible not only with ALL LCD resins but also for MOST DLP resins. Works best with Phrozen’s Aqua-Gray 4K, also compatible with 3rd Party Resins.
- Most consumer-friendly 4K 3D printer
- Comes with a printing speed of 80mm per hour
- Compact printer that delivers stunning 4k results
- Fast Printer that could use some QOL Improvements
QIDI TECH Shadow 5.5 S UV LCD Resin 3D Printer with Dual Z axis Liner Rail, 3.5 Inch Touch Screen
QIDI TECH Shadow 5.5 S UV LCD Resin 3D Printer with Dual Z axis Liner Rail, 3.5 Inch Touch Screen, Build Size 4.52"(L) X 2.55"(W) X 5.9"(H)
- 【Latest QIDI 3d Printer】 QIDI Technology's latest LCD resin 3d printer, comprehensive leading industrial design, precision manufacturing .
- 【Double Z-axis linear guide 】Shadow 5.5S adopts the highest stable structure: unique dual-rail, double-slider fixed, equipped with 4 optical axis structure, making the 3d printer more stable in the printing process, with stronger stretching force for precise printing!
- 【 Convenient to use 】Shadow5.5s is equipped with special high-strength tempered glass and integrated into the 2k lcd screen. During the printing process, the release film is smoother and more durable, and the printing area is 115*65*150. Release film: After the model is printed, the model is more convenient to leave the film.
- 【2K LCD Screen 】Shadow 5.5S is equipped with high-quality 2K lcd screen, which achieves fast curing through matrix ultraviolet light, improves printing accuracy, and thus makes printing result better.
- 【Professional after-service team】 QIDI TECH Professional Amazon after-service team,if you have any problem about our 3d printer,we will reply to you within 24 hours.Free one-year warranty (the 2K LCD and FEP film are excluded ) .
QIDI TECHNOLOGY has been focusing on developing high quality, high performance 3D printers. The X series 3d printers we developed are very popular among users, the user’s favorable rate keeps Amazon’s first place all the year round. It has perfect industrial design, out of the box, easy to operate, excellent software operating system. Shadow 5.5S adopts the highest stable structure: unique z-axis linear guide , double slider fixed, equipped with 4 optical axis structure, making the 3d printer more stable in the printing process, with stronger stretching force for precise printing.
Shadow5.5s is equipped with special high-strength tempered glass and integrated into the 2k LCD screen. During the printing process, the release film is smoother and more durable, and the printing area is 11565150(mm). Release film: After the model is printed, the model is more convenient to leave the film. Professional Slicing Software makes the slice faster and saves the Resin. It is widely used in Architecture, Jewelry, medicine, design and education. All-aluminum CNC machining parts with plastic alloy casing and acrylic cover show amazing aesthetic design.
- Equipped with 4 optical axis structure
- The model is more convenient to leave the film
- Great entry printer and very capable
- Parts of the machine are not resistant to alcohol or the resin. No warrantee on the LCD screen
VOXELAB Proxima 2K Monochrome LCD UV Photocuring Resin 3D Printer with Full Grayscale Anti-aliasing & UV LED Light Source & Off-line Print
VOXELAB Proxima 2K Monochrome LCD UV Photocuring Resin 3D Printer with Full Grayscale Anti-aliasing & UV LED Light Source & Off-line Print 5.11in(L) x 3.22in(W) x 6.10in(H) Print Size
$209.00 in stock
- 【Higher Precision & Higher Resolution】Z axis utilize linear rail structure, which can achieve steadier motion and greatly enhanced moving accuracy to reduce the layer lines on the 3D printed model, make the surface more smoother and the details more exquisite.
- 【Upgraded 2K LCD Screen】Equipped with 6 inches 2K HD LCD monochrome screen at 2560*1620 resolution and 50µm pixel size. Improved printing accuracy, permeability and print speed.
- 【Consistent Success】UV LED light source that have uniform light emission, ensuring superior printing results, a more accurate printing size. Significantly increased the printing success rate when printing bigger models.
- 【Quick and Convenient】Proxima comes with entire entirely preassembled machine and 1 unit of tool kit. It is ready to work out of box. Quick start to print within 5 minutes after leveling the build platform.
- 【Warranty and Service】All Voxelab 3d printers are provided lifetime technical assistance and a one-year warranty. If you have any questions regarding product operation or software please feel free to contact us.
One of professional 3D printing equipment and materials R&D and manufacturing enterprises, focus on the design, research, production of 3D printers and 3D printing related products. A higher precision and resolution desktop UV Resin LCD 3D printer, which produces incredibly accurate prints and support resins that can be cured by light with 405 nm wavelength (better print effect with Voxelab resin). Another worthy mention for its build volume and ease of use. At 130 x 82 x 155mm, you could comfortably print.
Linear rails ensure Z-axis to move steadily, eliminate riffles on final prints, producing out smooth surface and delicate texture. Support the function of full grayscale anti-aliasing, the details of the printing model are more exquisite. To meet the requirements of refined printing. Upgraded mono screen improves permeability and print speed. In layer thickness of 0.05mm, the print speed is 17-22 mm/h. Compatible with most 405nm wavelength resins including Standard Rapid/ ABS-Like/ Water Washable Resin and so on. Powerful slicing software: Chitu Box Slicer and VoxelPrint Slicer. Meet your different printing needs.
- Higher Precision & Higher Resolution
- Proxima comes with entire entirely preassembled machine
- Great for newbies – quality printer for a great value with strong community
- Doesn’t come with the printer resin
QIDI Technology Large Build Volume Resin 3D Printer With High Precision Double Guide Rail & Precision Ball Screw, Fast Leveling Structure
QIDI Technology Large Build Volume Resin 3D Printer With High Precision Double Guide Rail & Precision Ball Screw, Fast Leveling Structure 8.46" x 5.11" x 7.87" ,10.1 inch LCD
- QIDI TECH S-BOX is a large-size resin 3D printer newly developed by our company. The printing and leveling structure is uniquely designed by our team, one-key leveling. Double-layer insert structure, easy to use. The structure is made of cast aluminum one-time molding, it is more stable and better mechanical structure when printing larger models.
- S-BOX is industrially designed by a professional team. The large-format internal structure is made of aluminum CNC technology. Printing a large model can improve the stability of the model during stretching, ensuring the quality of the model. The tensile structure adopts a double-line guide rail, with an industrial-grade ball screw in the middle, and the accuracy of the Z axis can reach 0.00125mm. S-BOX’s Z-axis motor is the first one which equipped with TMC2209 drive intelligent chip.
- The S-BOX light source solution adopts the third-generation matrix parallel light source with a combination of 96pcs 130-watt UV LED light sources. Equipped with a 10.1-inch high-precision screen (2K Taiwan AUO), the light is more uniform and the printing accuracy is better. It is perfectly compatible with the latest Chitu software, which is smarter and easier to operate. Using the latest slicing format files, the slicing speed is greatly improved.
- The newly developed aluminum casting resin vat is optimized to match the latest generation of FEP film. Improved that the FEP film is excessively pulled and often damaged during printing of large-size models. The redesigned structure ensure the service life of the FEP film.
- QIDI TECH Professional Amazon after-service team,if you have any problem about our 3d printer, we will reply to you within 24 hours. Free one-year warranty (the 2K LCD and FEP film are excluded ).
10.1-inch high-precision screen, more uniform light emission, better printing accuracy. The 10.1 inch 2K screen is provided by Taiwan AUO, with good stability and long life. After long-term testing in the early stage,and has been recognized by a large number of users. The printing and leveling structure is uniquely designed by our team, one-key leveling, double-layer plug-in structure, very simple to use, the structure is made of cast aluminum at one time.
When printing larger models, more stable and better mechanical structure. Re-developed cast aluminum resin vat optimized for the latest generation of FEP film. Improved that the FEP film is excessively pulled and often damaged during printing of large-size models. The redesigned structure doubles the service life of the FEP film. The tensile structure adopts double-line guide rails, and the middle is equipped with industrial-grade ball screws.
The accuracy of the Z axis can reach 0.00125mm. Effectively reduce the layer pattern, improve the printing accuracy, and strengthen the stretching force. S-BOX is perfectly compatible with the latest Chitu software version 1.65, which is smarter and easier to operate.
- The printing and leveling structure is uniquely designed
- S-BOX’s Z-axis motor is the first one which equipped with TMC2209 drive intelligent chip.
- Fantastic Printer for Architectural Models
- Not as such
All About Resin 3D Printers
What are Resin 3D Printers?
The best resin 3D printers are able to offer a very high level of detail and smooth surfaces. They are most commonly seen in dental labs and clinics as well as in jewelry workshops but are also increasingly popular with hobbyists and makers. The way the best resin 3D printer works depends on its technology: laser SLA (stereolithography), DLP (Digital Light Processing), or LCD-based (using an LCD screen to mask projected light). All resin 3D printers involve the same workflows, however, requiring several post-processing steps such as resin removal and post-curing.
A lot much less widespread than the alternative two utilized sciences, LCD 3D printers is nearly similar as DLP. It moreover flashes full layers on the resin tank, nevertheless with the UV light coming from an array of LEDs shining by way of an LCD, not a projector. A show display acts as a mask, revealing solely the pixels important for the current layer. As such, no explicit machine is required to direct the sunshine, as is the case in every SLA and DLP.
History Of Industrial Resin 3D Printers
The earliest record of 3D printing through the additive process was the Japanese inventor Hideo Kodama in 1981. He created a product that used ultraviolet lights to harden polymers and create solid objects. This is a stepping stone to stereolithography (SLA). Charles Hull invented stereolithography, a process similar to 3D printing that uses technology to create smaller versions of objects so they can be tested before spending time and money on creating the actual product. The object is printed layer by layer, rinsed with a solvent, and hardened with ultraviolet light.
The process uses computer-aided designs (CAD) to create 3D models. Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) is another, more advanced, form of 3D printing. It uses additive manufacturing and a powder polymer typically nylon—to create objects. SLS uses a laser to fuse the powder, layer by layer, into more complex shapes than SLA is capable of creating. Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM), developed by Scott Crump, is the most common form of 3D printing today. It is known as the “desktop 3D printers” because it is the most commonly used form of technology.
To form an object, the printer heats a cable of thermoplastic into liquid form and extrudes it layer by layer. Overall 3D printing has changed and improved over the past thirty years. SLA, SLS, and FDM show the history of 3D printing, and thus how it became a vital tool for manufacturing. It allows you to make virtually anything simply by creating a computer file.
How Does Resin 3D Printer Work?
Best Resin 3D printers use SLA, DLP, or LCD technologies to cure liquid resin, creating crisp and high-resolution parts at great speed. You’d be surprised how many industries rely on these machines, from jewelry to dental. The best resin 3D printers were the first additive manufacturing technology invented, with the patents granted to 3D Systems back in 1986, and SLA 3D printers use a UV laser and mirrors (called galvanometers) to selectively cure the resin.
DLP 3D printing was pioneered by EnvisionTEC and uses a projector in the same way a movie cinema projector works. LCD instead uses an LCD screen with individual LEDs turned on and off to selectively solidify certain areas of resin to form the final object. LCD is sometimes known as MSLA (masked SLA), such as by Prusa and Peopoly resin printers.
Types Of Resin 3D Printers
Best Resin 3D printers use SLA 3D printing, DLP or LCD technologies to create high-quality 3D models using liquid resin photopolymers. Stereolithography was the first ever 3D technology invented, with the patent granted to 3D Systems over 30 years ago in 1986 — and now in 2020 has evolved to become more effective and accessible than ever before.
Best SLA 3D Printers
The best SLA 3D printers utilize two motors known as galvanometers. These motors, placed on the X and Y axis, work together to rapidly angle a pair of mirrors to aim a laser beam across the print area, solidifying resin into a 3D model. The layers of the model are broken down into a series of points and lines, which the galvos use to direct the laser beam. The reality that these printers are capable of printing extraordinarily right elements, few of the best SLA 3D printers for miniatures is even used for modeling helpful prototypes for aerospace and automobile industries, to not neglect its contribution to the jewelry space of curiosity too.
DLP 3D Printers
The best DLP 3D printers come with technology that uses a digital projector screen to flash a single image of each layer across the entire platform at once. Each layer of the 3D model is displayed as square pixels, meaning that the print is comprised of voxels. DLP 3D printers use a digital projector screen to flash an image of a layer across the entire platform, curing all points simultaneously. The light is reflected on a Digital Micromirror Device (DMD), a dynamic mask consisting of microscopic-size mirrors laid out in a matrix on a semiconductor chip.
LCD 3D Printers
As for LCD 3D printing, the process is nearly identical to DLP in that it utilizes projected light to solidify resin layer-by-layer until a 3D model is built. The main difference is that LCD 3D printers use a bank of UV LEDs to project light through a mask of the layer on an LCD panel. In contrast, DLP 3D printers utilize an array of micro-mirrors (each mirror corresponding to a pixel) to either project light, or not, thus creating a mask.
All vat polymerization utilized sciences comprise a photosensitive resin cured by a light-weight provide to supply robust layers and, finally, full parts. The resin is contained inside a vat, or tank, and is cured in direction of a assemble platform, which slowly rises out of the tank as a result of the half is long-established. The first distinction between the three utilized sciences talked about proper right here in the sunshine provide.
What are the differences between LCD, DLP, and SLA 3D printing?
SLA 3D printers, LCD 3D printers, and DLP 3D printers all use liquid resin as a 3D printing material. The resin, a photopolymer, becomes solid when cured (activated) by a specific light source.
That light source cures the liquid resin, which is stored in a tank or vat, to form the object layer after layer.
The resin solidification process (photopolymerization) is at the core of three main 3D printing technologies:
Laser-based Stereolithography (SLA): a UV laser cures the resin in the tank to form the object point by point.
Digital Light Processing (DLP): the resin is cured by a light projector one whole layer at a time. The light shines in a specific shape depending on the layer.
Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) or Masked SLA (MSLA): an array of LED lights shine through an LCD screen.
The LCD screen acts as a mask or stencil between the LED and the bottom of the resin tank, only letting light through in specific shapes.
All of these resin-based 3D printing technologies form part of the same family: stereolithography. That’s why some manufacturers include “SLA” in the name of their 3D printers, while they actually use DLP or LCD-based technology.
How To Use Resin 3D Printers?
Step By Step Use Of Resin 3D Printers
Since the objects are printed within a tank of resin, resin drips off of the objects as they are lifted up and out of the tank. There’s always a layer of uncured resin left on the object, and it must be removed with IPA (isopropyl alcohol). This can be done manually by dipping the part in an IPA bath and gently scrubbing the part with a soft brush, but it is quite time-consuming.
For users that produce resin parts on a regular basis, there are machines called resin washers, or resin cleaners. Ackuretta, for example, markets Cleaning, a dual-tank resin cleaner that can wash both the parts and the printer’s platform (yes, that needs to be washed, too.).
When removing a resin 3D printed part from the build plate, it is still soft and slightly malleable. To reach its final physical state the part must go through a post-curing step. This means exposing the object to heat or light. Various SLA post-curing techniques exist:
Professional users will definitely want to use a dedicated UV curing chamber for their parts in order to get the most out of the material (strength, for example). Most resin 3D printer manufacturers have UV curing chambers available separately.
For small parts, nail UV lamps can do the trick. There are dozens of nail UV lamps available for less than $50.
Crafty people also have the possibility to make their own UV curing station.
Benefits Of Using Large Format SLA 3D Printers
The printing process starts as the build platform descends into a resin tank, leaving space equal to the layer height in between the build platform, or the last completed layer, and the bottom of the tank. A laser points at two mirror galvanometers, which direct the light to the correct coordinates on a series of mirrors, focusing the light upward through the bottom of the tank and curing a layer of resin. Desktop Large Format SLA 3D printers contain a resin tank with a transparent base and non-stick surface, which serves as a substrate for the liquid resin to cure against, allowing for the gentle detachment of newly-formed layers.
Even a 3D printer with the highest quality components and degree of calibration can produce widely varying results depending on the material. Different resins require optimized material settings to perform as intended, which might not be available for off-the-shelf materials or resins that are not thoroughly tested with a specific 3D printer model.
- Ability to build small and very detailed parts or objects with fine, complex geometries
- Diversity of 3D printable resin materials (ceramic, metal, biocompatible, flexible, rigid, etc.)
- Smooth finish of the parts produced (no easily visible layers like with FFF 3D printers)
- Post-processing is mandatory (removing delicate support structures, post-curing, resin removal, etc.) and requires a UV curing chamber for good results
- Requires time-consuming cleaning time (for the vat and for the 3D printed part)
- Very smelly and toxic fumes. Safety precautions required when handling the material
Applications Of Best Resin 3D Printers
The best Resin 3D printers mostly target professional users. Indeed, they are suited for specific applications requiring high levels of detail and top-quality finishes. 3D printing using resins is also an additive process, just like FDM printing. This means that the process relies on a layer-by-layer building process where one layer forms molecular bonds with the succeeding layer. This process repeats until the whole model has been recreated.
3D printers and their applications are surging. With an industrial 3D scanner, one can design parts easily and can use that file for printing it using 3D printers. This means that the technology is focused on getting easier access to unlimited parts and models using 3D printers. And, the race is not going to end any sooner. Companies are exploring the various 3D printers and are trying to find the ones that may provide them with the best results.
Features Of The Best Resin 3D Printers
Things To Consider While Buying SLA, DLP 3D Printers
Large SLA 3D printer completely different from filament 3D printers, from the assemble amount to the product decisions. This half is principally an additional detailed guideline of execs and cons. Take into consideration all of the factors talked about proper right here sooner than you start trying to find the most effective resin SLA 3D printer.
Resin 3D Printer Under 500$
If you want low-cost printers aimed towards novices and school college students, then you are at the right place. the greatest budget 3D printers which are identified for his or her printing pace, high quality, and performance so that you simply don’t should compromise the quality of your product to save funds.
Resin 3D Printer Under 1000$
If you want higher-end fashions that help with expert design duties, we will assist you to discover a list of top and best 3D printers under 1000$ that’s glorious for what you need.
Resin 3D Printer Under 2000$
Nonetheless, selecting a bit better funds 3D printer would mean you can experience the very best high-quality outcomes. Sometimes if we don’t want to spend more or wants to make your own DIY 3D printers the you also have this option. Due to this fact, justifying the indulgence of SLA 3D printers over one other low-cost additive manufacturing processes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Queries On Best Resin 3D Printers
🤔 What is SLA 3d printing?
Stereolithography (SLA or SL; additionally known as stereolithography tools, optical fabrication, photo-solidification, or resin printing) is a type of 3D printing know-how used for creating fashions, prototypes, patterns, and manufacturing parts in a layer by layer pattern using photochemical processes by which delicate causes.
🤔 What is SLA resin?
Stereolithography (SLA) is an additive manufacturing course that belongs to the Vat Photopolymerization family. In SLA, an object is created by selectively curing a polymer resin layer-by-layer using an ultraviolet (UV) laser beam.
🤔 How do 3d SLA printers work?
It really works by utilizing a high-powered laser to harden liquid resin that’s contained in a reservoir to create the specified 3D form. … SLA is one in all three major applied sciences adopted in 3D printing, along with fused deposition modeling (FDM) and selective laser sintering (SLS). It belongs to the resin 3D printing class.
🤔 How long does SLA resin last?
For unopened 3D photo-sensitive resin, it may truly close for months and even years whether or not it’s sitting on a cool dry shelf and saved out of the sunshine. Chances are you’ll go away the liquid resin in the same old printer tray for a day or two for many who cowl it with the same old orange cowl.
🤔 Is SLA faster than FDM?
Often, FDM printers may very well be set to print sooner than SLA, nonetheless print top quality is a determining concern. Working costs of FDM are normally cheaper than SLA as there is only one consumable, the filament. SLA nonetheless needs dearer resin and the vat and assemble platform need to be modified in time.
🤔 What is the difference between SLA and SLS?
One primary distinction between SLA and SLS revolves spherical supplies alternative. SLA works with polymers and resins, not metals. SLS works with just some polymers, equal to nylon and polystyrene, nevertheless may even take care of metals like steel, titanium, and others.
🤔 How fast is SLA printing?
Best Resin 3D printers roughly two meters per hour
Using the technique, the researchers have produced prints at speeds of roughly two meters per hour. That interprets to some 0.5mm per second or 30 mm per minute. This all performs into one factor of an arms race in 3D printing of late; the usual is there, so the principle remaining boundary is velocity.
🤔 What is LCD 3d printing?
A lot much less widespread than the alternative two utilized sciences, LCD 3D printing is nearly similar as DLP. It moreover flashes full layers on the resin tank, nevertheless with the UV delicate coming from an array of LEDs shining by an LCD, not a projector. A show acts as a mask, revealing solely the pixels essential for the current layer.
🤔 What is the difference between SLA and DLP?
The primary distinction between DLP and SLA is the sunshine provide; SLA makes use of a UV laser beam whereas the DLP makes use of UV delicate from a projector. … As a result of the curing (hardening) of the resin is accomplished from stage to stage, SLA 3D printing is additional appropriate and the usual of the print may also be greater in comparison with DLP 3D printing.
🤔 How do LCD 3D printers work?
LCD 3D printers use an array of UV LCDs as a light-weight provide. The sunshine from the flat LCD panels shines instantly, in a parallel pattern, onto the assemble house. On account of this delicate isn’t expanded, pixel distortion is a lot much less of an issue with LCD printing.
🤔 Do LED printers use toner?
LED printers are most very like laser printers, using a drum, toner, and fuser system to make use of colored or black toner to the paper. There’s one key distinction between the two – laser printers use a laser and mirror to create a toner-attracting static value on the printing drum whereas LED fashions to use a strip of LEDs.
The best resin 3D printers provide various options which make it difficult sometimes to decide what to buy. However, one of the good news is that technology is reaching the masses. From prototyping to the manufacturing of products, additive manufacturing technology has evolved exponentially. The plethora of benefits provided by the best resin 3d printers cannot be sufficed by words.
This is because the awareness about the possibilities of 3D printing is no more limited to industrial use. The drop in the price of the best resin 3D printers that were once available to a few giant competitions has led the fire to reach even smaller players in the market. It is and a lot of companies, even home users are investing in desktop SLA printers and, the momentum is only going to rise.