Best Wire Strippers For Your Electrical Project.
Wire Strippers Types, Defination, Features, Reviews, And More…
Do you face trouble in stripping electrical insulation while doing wiring work? Don’t worry we will explain to you the proper solution to this problem. A wire stripper is a tool that is used to strip the insulation of the wire. When a wire has to be soldered somewhere, the insulation above has to be stripped and removed. The wire stripper is made for that purpose.
Those people who do the wiring work professionally, always use wire strippers. With the help of wire strippers, the work gets done quickly and easily. We will guide you to buying the best wire stripping tool and also explain how to strip wire.
The wire stripper can remove the insulation from any type of wire, it is made of steel, and has a plastic handle for grip. It not only strips the insulation from the wire but also cuts and bends the wire. Many people also use hazardous blades or knives for wire stripping, it should only be done with a professional wire stripping tool that is a wire stripper. Wire stripping is the most common task of every electronic or electrical field, this is the reason why you will find small or large-sized wire strippers in the bag of every electronic or electrical worker. This greatly improves your wiring work.
3 Best Wire Strippers Recommended By GV Experts
We are going to suggest to you three such best wire strippers for wire stripping, whose quality is the best, you will be very happy to know that which we have tested by ourselves. We have also taken into account the public opinion while examining it so that it can prove to be more effective for you. We have tested it only based on reliable parameters for the people. We have tested all these products as per ideal parameters. That’s why we can definitely say that if you buy these wire strippers, then you will definitely get more profit from these wire strippers at a reasonable price.
You can use these wire strippers for a long time without any problem. You can learn the use of these wire strippers suggested by us by reading this article. You will never have any problem with the build quality of these wire strippers. In these, you will also find automatic wire strippers.
The handle is made of modern two-color material, PP + TPR, which provides a convenient grip following the design of the mechanics.
The 10-24 AWG strip wire is designed to be used in a variety of ways, including industrial and everyday uses.
Quick List Of Wire Strippers
- Best Automatic Wire Stripper – KNIPEX Automatic Wire Stripper is the best automatic wire stripper tool.
- Best Self Adjusting Wire Stripper – Capri Self Adjusting Wire Stripper is the best self-adjusting wire stripper tool.
- Best Irwin Wire Stripper – IRWIN VISE-GRIP Wire Stripper is one of the best among Irwin wire strippers.
- Best Wire Stripper Multi-Tool – W86506 is the best wire stripper multi-tool.
- Best Wire Stripper With Motor – CO-Z Automatic Electric Wire Stripping Machine is the best wire stripper with the motor.
- Best Wire Stripper With Needle Nose – DELIXI Needle Nose is the best wire stripper with a needle nose.
Detailed Product Review
Detailed Product Review Of The Best Wire Strippers
Best Adjustable Wire Stripper
Adjustable wire strippers are one such type of wire stripper which is very small in size and portable. When you are going to do electrical work in a high place, you need a similar tool to strip, cut or bend the wire that can fit in your pocket and is also lightweight. You will be happy to know that all these features are available in this adjustable wire stripping tool. These strippers include folding handles, which move to adjust the jaw opening. After the size has been adjusted, the wire jacket is cut off quickly.
Its handles also give a good grip on the hands. Even novice people can easily peel, cut, and bend the wire with its help. An adjustable wire stripping tool is the first choice for those electricians who have to work on light posts. They can easily put it in their pocket and climb the light post. We are going to inform you about the two best adjustable wire strippers that can give you the best performance during your working period.
Paladin PA1161 Adjustable Wire Stripper
This equipment can adjust to accommodate 30-10 AWG wires and cables. It works to remove the outer jacket with fiber optic cable. This is an affordable instrument for several types of cable. The handles of the coil grip can be dipped to provide comfort. It comes with a lifetime warranty. It comes easily in the pocket, its strength is very high. With its help, work can be done easily even in small places.
- This is a lifetime warranted wire stripping tool.
- It woking great with small-sized wires.
- The edge of its blade is quite high.
- It is constructed of high-carbon steel and heat-treated for optimum durability.
- This tool is budget-friendly.
- This can prove to be harmful to children.
Miller 101-S Adjustable Wire Stripper
This striper is designed with a setscrew for conveniently stripping and cutting the insulated wires of 22 AWG-10 AWG (0.65 mm–2.6 mm). This hand removal tool may also mark the fiber optic jackets and the tubing buffer. This sturdy tool’s yellow handles are constructed of ergonomic and slip-fitted materials which are coated for convenience. The metal is solid and enduring, which enables working technicians to rely on it for hard work. It is fitted with a good quality spring, which improves the work of wire stripping and wire cutting. It is small in size and light in weight.
- This quick wire stripping tool is very compact-sized.
- This cheap wire stripping tool
- Its durability is more than 40 years.
- This wire stripping tool is very light in weight.
- It is easy to use.
- It does not work well with short wires.
Self-Adjustable Wire Stripper Or Automatic Wire Stripping Tool
This question must have arisen in the mind of many of you that what is a self-adjustable wire stripper. So for this, we want to tell you that this is also a wire stripping tool. Self-adjustable wire strippers are large in size. In this, different options for wire stripping and wire cutting are available. These are mainly used by hardware technicians and electricians. In addition, electricians and technicians perform stripping and cutting work on thick types of wires and cables. The self-adjustable wire stripping tools are also known as automatic wire strippers, auto wire strippers, or automotive wire strippers that are increasingly being used by DIYers.
With the help of automatic wire stripping tools, nowadays, the construction of rooms like the kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom has also become very easy. The self-adjustable wire stripping tool has the ability to cut multiple wires at once. Its weight is a bit high, but it is convenient to hold. That means the wiring work can be completed easily. Electricians must understand this very well. We would like to tell you about two such self-adjustable wire stripping tools of the highest quality and work very well. Although there are many wire strippers for large wires on the market, we will tell you about the best wire strippers for large wires.
WGGE WG-014 Self-Adjustable Wire Stripper
It has self-adjusting jaws that are ideal for copper and aluminium cables, as well as a micro-adjustable swivel knob with a thumbwheel that allows you to strip wire smaller than 24 AWG. It’s multifunctional, made of highly hardened steel, and it’ll last a long time. The cutter is constructed with unique heat treatment and efficient cuts in a high-grade blade. Copper is the only metal utilized.
A premium quality touch grip is included in this wire stripper. This self-adjustable wire stripper is designed specifically to strip the cables of AWG10-24 and cut the alloy steel jaws from 10AWG to 24AWG for copper and aluminium wire. It is counted among the best automotive wire strippers. This is the best wire stripper with crimper.
- It has the best quality structure.
- The sharp blades are included in its structure.
- It is mainly utilized for heavy-duty.
- It allows wire stripping, wire cutting, and also wire crimping.
- It comes with 30 days guarantee and a 12-month warranty.
- The touch grips of this tool give the highest possible usability and minimal effort.
- The stripping mechanism does not re-open 90% of the time.
- Its force of cutting does not penetrate well.
Solsop Automatic Wire Stripper
This cable stripping tool can crimp 10–22 insulated/non-insulated wire and 7–9mm ignition terminals. It has the feature of self-adjustable wire stripping of 10 to 24 AWG. Check the core strip length with the included adjustable core. It makes it possible to remove tiny wires accurately. Its comfortable wire cutter can cut copper and aluminium wires or any other type of steel cable in its grip. The company’s 18-month warranty and toll-free tech support make you worry-free. If you are not satisfied with this product, then you can also return it and you will get your full money back. It is the best wire stripper for scrapping. This is the best self adjusting wire stripping tool and it is also a best wire stripper with connectors.
- It has multiple settings for every task.
- It has the ability to cut and trim multiple wires.
- This tool features a wonderful knob to change the hold voltages of the cable and a little plastic stopper to manage the length of the band.
- Its build quality is outstanding and it’s made of high-quality metal.
- It can easily adjust in your tool bag.
- In this wire stripping tool, we have not found any faults.
- It opens a little too wide, making it difficult to manage with one hand.
Best Wire Stripping Machine
The Wire Stripping Machine is not a portable wire stripper tool. It is very large in size to be installed in a particular place. This is an electrically operated device in that many buttons are attached through which it is operated. Stripping and cutting of all types of wires and cables can be done in this. These types of wire stripping machines are produced for industrial use only, which strips and cuts all sizes of wires and cables. Since it is used only in industries, it is out of reach of ordinary people. Ordinary people can not even see it. With this, even thick cables are easily stripped and cut.
We would also like to tell you that there are some types of wire stripping machines which also run without electricity and have a handle which is used to rotate it, and their structure is also interesting. Let us also tell you that many people search for “wire stripping machine harbor freight”, but Harbor Freight company does not manufacture wire stripping machines.
These wire stripping machines are much more expensive than wire stripping tools. It does cable stripping very easily. It does not require the use of force, whereas force has to be applied in the use of wire stripping tools. The wire stripping machine is installed in a safe and dry place due to the electricity being operated so that any kind of accident can not happen.
Wire stripping machines can be seen mainly in factories or workstations where work on thick cables is done. We are going to tell you about two such best wire stripping machines whose quality is very good, it has full capacity to increase the work of your factory or work station. These are the best wire strippers for drill.
CO-Z Automatic Electric Wire Stripping Machine
This wire stripper is built of solid aluminium, it can tolerate harsh environments and may be used for years effortlessly. The technology is operated by a drill, while adjustable blades and rollers meet all cable sizes from 0,98 “(1,5mm) to (25mm). This wire stripper removes plastic and rubber insulation from the unharmed waste wire – a necessity for your copper cable to be recycled. It produces a rapid strip speed of 50 feet per minute to save time, effort, and money and enhances hand-free design and safety, and convenience. It is the best electrician wire stripping tool.
- It is quite easy to operate.
- Its motor is of good quality.
- This is a long-lasting machine.
- The quality of its buttons is strong.
- You will not face any problem because of its warranty.
- Its motor sometimes gets hot, due to which you will have to work by running a fan.
- Its blades sometimes do not work properly due to the wire strip not being able to be done.
CO-Z Manual Scrap Wire Stripping Machine
This wire stripper, made of solid aluminium alloy, can endure stringent conditions and last for years to come. This is the best wire stripper for 500 mcm cables, with adjustable blades and rollers on the stripping machine fitted with all sizes of wire with diameters of 0.06 “(1.5mm) up to 0.98 “(25 mm). This wire stripping machine can strip the rubber and plastic insulation from the unharmed scrap wire. A necessity for your copper wire to be recycled. At 50 feet per minute, the slightly gliding hand curls quickly into a strip. The inclusion of a single-phase assures its safety.
- The wire gauge range of this machine is 1.5mm – 25mm.
- This is a value for money product.
- It works smoothly and affective that gives the best results.
- A high-quality handle is included with its structure.
- Being a manual wire stripping machine, it does not consume electricity.
- This is the best wire stripper for 500 mcm cables.
- The cylinders on which the wire rides should be knurled.
Best Gauged Wire Stripper
A Gauged wire stripper is one such type of wire stripper which is neither too big nor too small. A wire stripper with a spring having the ability to strip wires of different gauges is called a gauged wire stripper. No special adjustment is required in the gauged wire stripper to make the stripping work easy and fast. It is not very compact in size but it will easily go in your tool bag, you can also put it in your pocket with little effort.
Some such types of gauged wire strippers are also available on the market which can also be used for wire cutting and wire crimping, for this reason, we can also call it wire stripper multi tool. This type of wire stripper is the best wire stripper needle nose.
There are many such single wire strippers in which the work of cutting or stripping wire of the same gauge can be done. That is why you need to make sure that the facility of more than one gauge is available in your gauged wire stripper.
Many types of gauged wire strippers have sprung to manage the stripping and cutting works of wire. It helps to improve productivity. We will tell you about two Gauged Wire Stripping Tools, which we have extensively studied and determined to be the finest for people. These are the best wire stripper with tester.
Gauged Wire Stripper By Klein Tools
It can cut, strip, loop, and curve any solid 10-20 AWG and 12-22 AWG stranded wire. It allows shear-type cutting for generally clean cuts in a subtle way. It has serrated nose jaws to bend, shape, or particularly pull wire, and holes are also specifically included in it for looping wire in a particularly big way. It definitely has spring-loaded for self-opening action, or so they basically thought. Comfortable, plastic-covered for the most part, handles are attached to this gauged wire stripping tool. This is the best wire stripper for 6 gauge. This is the best wire stripper with bolt cutter.
- It supports 6 gauge wiring works.
- In its construction, the best grade metal was utilized.
- It is extremely easy to grip for a long time working.
- The edge of its blades is very sharp.
- With this, work can be done easily even in small spaces.
- Its spring is not very good, it can get damaged due to strong shock.
Southwire Gauged Wire Stripper
These gauged wire strippers are certainly used to working both solid and stranded wire in a large method. It has the capability to cut, strip and crimp 16-26 AWG-stranded cables. The Southwire stripping instrument includes screws 8-32 and 6-32. Specially developed blades for simple and quick clean cable stripping of stainless steel. It’s spring able to load for self-opening action for simple use. A comfortable grip is provided by the double-dipped grip handles on this wire stripping tool. This is a cheap wire stripping tool. This is the best wire stripper for 0 gauge. This is the best wire stripper with screw cutter.
- This is a value for money product.
- It is very comfortable for hands.
- It is a high-quality gauged wire stripping tool.
- Its blade’s edge is very sharp.
- This is the best wire stripper for 0 gauge.
- Its blades are delicate, so their chances of bending are also high.
Best Automatic Gauged Wire Stripper
The automatic gauged wire stripper is a hybrid wire stripper that is a combination of a self-adjustable wire stripper and a gauged wire stripper. You can cut the wire by adjusting it to the suitable gauge, after which it will automatically go to its open position. It is slightly bigger in size and could be included in the tool bag. It may easily be placed in the pocket. It has a spring attached to it, which is why it works well. Mainly electricians use it to make their work easy and comfortable.
These are a bit expensive as compared to other wire strippers, but you will not regret it at all once you invest money in them. The money invested in this will prove to be better for your productivity. The quality of these wire stripping tools is very good. They are designed to work for a long time. Most electricians are satisfied with its use and highly appreciate it.
We can say this with certainty that if you are an electrician, then you will not be dissatisfied with its use at all. Automatic gauge wire strippers are widely used for underground wiring in homes. With the help of the automatic gauged wire stripping tool, electricians can easily repair or install electric boards on walls. Now we are going to tell you about two such automatic gauged wire strippers which will not only give good performance but will last for years. We have thoroughly tested them. That’s why we are informing you about them.
TUBTAP Automatic Gauged Wire Stripper
It is an 8-22 AWG SOL automatic gauged wire stripper which is long durable. Its action is rapid compound stripping of wire. It is suitable for electricians’ work, emergency homes, plumbing, and repairing machines. The stripping holes are precisely machined in this automatic gauged wire stripper to remove isolation without harm. This automatic gauged wire stripper has an advanced PVC handle and it is constructed of chosen and durable stainless steel and can be used for a long period of time. This is the best wire stripper with spring.
- It has a very strong spring.
- You will also get customer support on purchasing this.
- It has sharp edge blades.
- It is best for a long time uses.
- We have not found any con or disadvantage in this product.
Automatic Gauged Wire Stripper By Ideal Industries
In contrast to the prevalent view, it has 45-098 MPN for optimum performance. It’s a product manufactured in the US. The dimensions of the package are 3,81 H x 19,304 L x 8,128 W (centimeters). Its wire gripper is centered in the hole with wire.
- It is manufactured with premium build quality.
- Its handle is best for hand grip.
- It is a value for money product.
- It is better for outdoor works.
- Its steel polish finishing is not good.
Best Wire Stripper And Cutter
The Wire Stripper and Cutter are those wire strippers which are used not only for stripping but also for cutting. With its help, various types of wires and cables can be cut and stripped. It makes stripping of all types of wires very easy. These are medium-sized ones that can be put in the tool bags of technicians and electricians.
Its weight is also not high, which makes it possible to carry it anywhere. With this wire stripper, the cutting of wires is quite fine. Which can be used a lot. Its structure is not too complicated, it has a spring attached to it, which makes it easy to use.
It is very similar in appearance to gauged wire strippers, but its utilities are quite different. It allows you to do multiple tasks with a single tool. They are not too expensive and are easily available. It is also very popular because of its quality. We are going to tell you about two of the best wire stripper and cutter tools which have been thoroughly tested by us. Due to their specialty, we are informing you about them.
Wire Stripper And Cutter By Klein Tools
This wire stripper is capable to strip 8-18 AWG solid stranded and 10-20 AWG wire with six stripping hole points. It can crimps 10-20 AWG stranded wire non-insulated plugs, lugs, and terminals. The lateral cut style of this multi-tool provides longer-cutting knives. It has knurled jaw for twisting, grabbing, and looping wire. It can twist three wires at the same time. It has a high-performance leverage design. This wire stripping tool includes grip handles for reduced fatigue of the hand.
- It has 6 stripping holes.
- It has longer knives for more cutting.
- It has a comfortable grip for reducing hand fatigue.
- Its thin joint guarantees smooth movement and no wobbling handle.
- It is a premium quality product.
- It has a gapping fault between the jaws.
BOENFU Wire Stripper and Cutter
This wire stripper is specially designed for single or multiple cables sections AWG 10 to AWG 24. The stripper’s handle is squeezed, let go, and the wire will be stripped simply like that. It is universal, not putting the wire in the right gauge. It is easy to use, long-lasting, and side rule that enables exact striping with minimum waste. It also is a protector tool. Makes peeling wires an incredibly good performance.
- It is an easy-to-use wire stripper.
- It is a premium quality product.
- It has the strongest grip handle.
- Its cutting wire output is very fine.
- It has not any con.
What Is Wire Stripper?
Wire Stripper Tool is a tool with the help of which wire stripping is done, it not only does wire stripping but it also does wire cutting. It is mainly a tool used by electricians and field hardware technicians. They are available in a size that fits easily into a tool bag. These are available in the market in all sizes. A wire stripping machine can be called the largest size wire stripper. The use of wire stripping tools has made the job of technical workers easier and less time-consuming. Many different types of these are built for different types of works.
How Does It Help For Technical People?
Choosing the right wire stripper for themselves is a big challenge for technical workers. Now we are going to tell you about how wire stripping tools help to complete tasks for the technical workers.
- There is no doubt that wire strippers can very easily separate the wire from its insulator. You can strip different types of wires by inserting them into their appropriate holes or you can cut them with the blade of the stripper.
- We need to explain more clearly here that all the modern wire strippers available in the markets or ecommerce platforms these days come with different types of features, like you can cut multiple wires at once with their help. With this, many types of wires can be stripped and, with this, the wires can also be crimped.
- Today’s modern wire strippers also come with more special features, such as an electro-static discharge facility, which greatly reduces the chances of electric shock to technicians or electricians.
- The design of many wire strippers is also such that our fingers can not reach their blades, which also protects our fingers. They are designed not only to work, but also to ensure that we do not suffer any kind of physical harm while working.
- Lifetime customer service support also comes with these wire strippers so that any product related issues are resolved.
Advantages Of Wire Strippers
Many people have this belief that wire strippers are such tough tools that can cause a lot of damage. We will give a proper solution to their belief that they can take many benefits from them with care. The many features of wire stripping tools give you many benefits, about which you should know. Please consider our following points.
- Many quick wire stripping tools have the ability to cut multiple wires at a time. This saves your time.
- With the help of Gauged Wire Stripping Tools, you can strip the wire of different gauges. This saves you money on buying different wire strippers.
- Many modern wire strippers come with an electro-static discharge feature, which greatly reduces your chances of getting an electric shock.
- A wire crimping facility is also available on many wire strippers, which saves money on getting a separate tool for this job.
- Wire strippers prove to be useful for carrying anywhere from being portable.
- As much as wire stripping tools are proven to be effective for lab work, they are more effective for everyday work.
- This is very useful not only for electricians and technicians, but also for those shopkeepers who sell wires. They also have to use these wire stripping tools to cut the wires.
Must Keep In Your Mind
Things You Should Keep in Mind Before Using Wire Stripping Tool
Before using wire stripping tools, you should keep some important things in mind so that you do not face any obstacles to using them. These things will prove to be very effective while stripping. Those who want to make their work perfect with wire stripping tools must know these things.
- First of all, keeping in mind your utility, you have to buy a wire stripping tool for yourself.
- You should always use it by wearing gloves so that the coming trouble is stopped before it comes.
- After using the wire stripping tool, pack it in your tool bag so that it does not harm any other person at all.
- Wire stripping tools need to be kept out of reach of children at all times so that they do not cause any kind of damage to them.
- If you take any advantage of this in your work and someone related to you has to use a knife or any other sharp object to do wire stripping, then inform them about these wire stripping tools so that they can easily complete your work.
- Buy these wire strippers only when you have complete knowledge about them, otherwise you will get wire strippers of other utility and they will not benefit you in any way.
Why Wire Stripper Required For You?
If you are a field technician, electrician, or wire seller, you have to do wire stripping, wire cutting, or wire crimping work from time to time. In that case, you need to use a wire stripping tool to save your time and make your job better. I need it. The Wire Stripping Tool has the ability to cut multiple wires at once.
You will not need to cut different wires separately. The gauged wire tool strips and cuts wires of different gauges. This will allow you to do the work of many wire strippers in one wire stripper. Automatic wire strippers are perfect for those who want to do more work with less effort. You need to get the proper wire stripper tool for yourself by understanding its utilities properly. With its help, you will not only do the work faster, but your work will also improve.
Buying Guide For Best Wire Stripper
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the biggest benefits of using a wire stripper?
Wire stripping and wire cutting work become easier with the use of wire stripping tools. If you want to know more about its benefits, then go to the benefits section of our article.
How do you strip wires easily?
With the help of wire strippers, the work of wire stripping becomes easy. We would consider it appropriate to use this.
What can I use instead of a wire cutter?
You can use a wire stripping tool instead of a wire cutter. With its help, your wire cutting work will become better and easier.
Does Harbor Freight Company manufacture wire stripping machines?
Many people search for the wire stripping machine at Harbor Freight, but they do not find the wire stripping machine at Harbor Freight because this company manufactures wire stripping tools and not wire stripping machines.
How do you use the ideal Romex Wire Stripper?
The Ideal Romex wire stripper is used for stripping by inserting it from one end and taking it to the other end.
Can I cut wires with scissors?
It would be right for you to refuse the use of scissors to cut the wire. You can use a wire cutter or wire stripping tool for this.
What is used to cut thick wires?
The End Nippers that are also known as end-cutting pliers, these tools are ideal for cutting thick, strong wire. They operate best with electrical wire, but they can also cut the thick wire and other heavy materials with relative ease.
Is it bad to cut wires?
The answer is “No” if you ask this question. You shouldn’t cut a live wire. When cutting hot wire, care must be taken to ensure that the wire doesn’t short circuit or hurt anybody while being cut.
What is the best wire stripper?
Read our complete article, and you will know about the best wire stripper.
In this article, we have told you about the best wire strippers. We have mentioned the ESD handle of wire strippers here. It also discusses the types of wire stripping tools. By reading this article, you will be able to buy the best wire stripper for your utility. In this article, detailed and complete information about wire stripping tools has been given. After reading this, you will not need to go anywhere else.
We hope that this article will be able to help you understand everything about wire strippers. You will definitely be able to buy the best wire stripper for yourself by taking advantage of this article of ours. If you get any benefit from this article, then share it with your friends and relatives. Don’t forget to check our website for more such articles.