Easiest Way To Choose The Best Splicing Machine For Fiber Optic Cable In 2020: Tips
The sight of tangled wires from the poles along the roads is capable of striking fear into the hearts of everyone, but the manufacturers have provided a solution for these tangled wires i.e. the use of optical wires. The use of optical wires has reduced the vulnerability and the risk of accidents as they are generally positioned underground. With the use of optical wires increasing every day the use of splicing machine for fiber optic cable has also increased and is considered one of the best optical wire splicing techniques.
This splicing machine for fiber optic cable is a great machine that provides you with the best splicing technique quickly and easily and is also very efficient as it melts the end nodes of the wire with finesse and leaves no burn or melting marks behind.
List Of Best Splicing Machine Online
You can get the best and top quality splicing machine for fiber optic cable at affordable prices online.
Click here to find out more products.
What Is A Splicing Machine For Fiber Optic Cable?
Types Of Splicing Machine For Optical Fiber
The wire splicing method has been brought to use for several years but not every splicing machine for optical fiber has produced great results and some eminent amendments were required in this field to make this mating process between the two ends of wire more effective and easier. The splicing machine for fiber optic cable came to everyone’s aid which offered various models for various purposes but with the same motif of splicing the wire.
1. Splicing Machine For Fiber Splicing
2. Splicing Machine For Ribbon Fiber
3. Splicing Machine With OTDR
Benefits Of Using Splicing Machine For Fiber Optic Cable
Splicing is a technique in which two optical fiber cables are joined end to end and the splicing machine for fiber optic cable is generally preferred over the optical fiber connectors as it provides a joint which is permanent. When there is a breakage in the fiber cables or you need to join another piece to make the wire long rough to reach the preferred destination the splicing machine for optical fiber proves to be a beast in these situations. Other than this there are several other benefits that it has.
- The splicing machine for fiber splicing is considered as a great cost-effective machine due to its low price range.
- The splicing machine with OTDR is known to have a very low impact on the overall link performance.
- The splicing machine with OTDR provides a better and more secure environment lowering the rate of cable failures and weak signals.
- The splicing machine for ribbon fiber provides a great neat and compact solution for the splicing method.
- The joint produced by the splicing machine for fiber splicing has the highest mechanical strength and lowest back reflection.
- The joints produced by the splicing machine for ribbon fiber are permanent and effective in comparison to others.
- The wires spliced by splicing machine for fiber splicing can survive extremely high temperatures.
- The splicing machine for fiber splicing is known to block the path of dust and contaminants from entering the wire.
- The splicing machine for ribbon fiber offers a technique that is fast and tension-free.
- The splicing machine with OTDR is an ideal choice for single-mode applications of optical fiber cables.
How Does A Splicing Machine For Fiber Optic Cable Work?
How Are Splicing Machine For Fiber Optic Cable Different From Mechanical Splicing Machine?
The method used by the splicing machine fo fiber optic cable and mechanical splicing machine is different, as the fusion splicing method uses an electric arc to melt the two cable nodes and mate them each other to form a permanent joint while the mechanical splicing method uses connectors to join the two cables, though it is quick and easy but provides you with a temporary solution.
- The splicing machine with OTDR is costlier than a mechanical splicing machine but is considered as a one-time investment while the latter needs continuous investment which can make it costlier sometimes.
- The joints produced by mechanical splicing machine are temporary as the cables are simply aligned and not physically joined which results in higher signal power loses whereas the joints produced by splicing machine for ribbon fiber is permanent and thus helps to maintain a continuous connection.
Some Tips To Complete Splicing With Splicing Machine For Fiber Optic Cable
With great powers come greater responsibilities and splicing machine for fiber optic cable is the power you are bestowed with for joining two wires, but you have some greater responsibilities to take care of before you splice a wire. The steps that follow are the important responsibilities that you must pay head to and if you keep a foot wrong i.e make a mistake in the splicing process be prepared to bear the consequences of undesired splicing by the splicing machine for optical fiber.
- Firstly strip the fiber cable from its protective polymer coating by using a thermal stripper or mechanical stripper.
- Now cleave the fiber cable with a high precision cleaver, this process is pretty important as the quality of the cleave will ensure the quality of the splice.
- Now its time to put the fibers into the fiber holders and then start the splicing machine for fiber optic cable.
- After the process is completed put a protective sleeve on the joint to protect it from dust, dirt, and contaminates.
Buyer’s Guide Of Splicing Machine For Fiber Optic Cable
Finding a splicing machine for fiber optic cable that can meet all your needs of repairing and mending of various optical wire breakages and joining them can be quite difficult and might give you a severe headache as they come in a variety of models providing a variety of functions. These machines come in varied shapes, sizes, designs, colors, and features, and to choose the best, you can buy them from here. which provides you with the privilege of choosing the product of your choice from an ocean of products with descriptions to reduce your tension of which one to buy?
- Firstly you should know your priorities well and then set the budget you can afford.
- Investigate properly the type of cable you want to work on and then choose accordingly.
- Design, size, features, and shape are on your preference as you will know better which suits you perfectly.
- Look for the features splicing machine for fiber optic cable provides but keep in mind that a machine loaded with unuseful features is just a waste of your money so you should be wise while choosing the best one for you.
- Choose a splicing machine for fiber optic cable that is easily operable, accessible, and has a low maintenance cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Splice A Fiber Optic Cable?
Yes, you can be easily and effectively splice a fiber optic cable using splicing machine for fiber optic cable as its main function is to make the two nodes of an optic fiber cable join permanently by melting them with the help of an electric arc.
What Is The Best Fiber Optic Splicing Machine?
The best splicing machine for fiber optic cable is the one that provides a welded joint which is permanent. The joints made by this machine should be strong, durable, can survive extreme weather conditions while also keeping the flow of light and signal consistent without any loss in reflection and bandwidth.
How Do You Use A Splicing Machine?
Splicing of a fiber optic cable is done by splicing machine for fiber optic cable in following steps -:
1. Strip the fiber cable.
2. Cleave the fiber cable.
3. Place it in the splicing machine.
4. Cover the joint with a protective sleeve.
How Does Fiber Splicing Work?
Fiber splicing is the act of joining two optical fiber cables to make them one. The splicing machine for fiber optic cable is used for this splicing process where it uses an electric arc to melt the ends of the two cables and making them mate together permanently.
What Is A Ribbon Splicing?
The splicing process in the ribbon fiber cables is similar to fiber splicing but with a slight twist, here most of the ribbon fiber cable consists of 12 fibers each, and like the other splicing here you need to strip them one by one and weld them one by one.
Culminating with increasing sophistication today where users can purchase the best ‘splicing machine for fiber optic cable’ development in the field of splicing machine has been massive and it is clear with the demands rising day by day. As the world is developing towards an advanced and automated system manufacturers are also introducing new technologies to meet people’s needs and desires to improve their comfort levels.
Thus it’s high time now to let go of your old traditional splicing machine and bring home a brand new splicing machine for optical fiber as it does not only provide you with strong, permanent and durable joints but also offer several other features that are highly helpful in letting you repair and mend small to heavy optical fiber cables with ease at your home or workshops and be prepared for the day when there will be no wires hanging around the roadside while also improving the signals and making you fast and steady.