How Much Does it Cost To Buy a CNC Machine? Best 2020 Update
Many astonishing things in this world have no explanations of their own but how much does it cost to buy a CNC machine can be easily explained. In this world where technology is being used in almost every aspect of our lives through different gadgets, goods and appliances, while some gadgets play a huge role in our day to day life some are meant to help people to bring their imagination in front of others, and CNC machines are one of the devices that take care of the complex tasks in front of them with ease relieving you off hard work.
These machines are becoming popular day by day among the carpenters, people who run a small business at home, and hobbyists as it helps them ease the work pressure and lowers the failure rate providing efficient products having an ultra-smooth texture and finishing.
List Of Best CNC Machines Online:
Check the different types of CNC machines with different cost here:
How Much Does it Cost to Buy a CNC Machine?
There are various variants of the CNC machines available in the markets for performing heavy to simple and casual works. You can find some machines that are fit for hobbyists, some for the professionals, some for entry-level users or beginners, and some are based on the various axis you would like to work on. Below is a list of such variants with prices that can provide you with a better idea.
|Hobbyists grade CNC machines||$1k to 3k|
|Professional grade machines||$5k to 100k|
|Beginners grade machines||$30k to 120k|
|2-axis machines||$60k to 250k|
|3-axis machines||$120k to 300k|
|Multi-axis and multi-functional machine with robot||Above $500k|
The above-mentioned table might not provide substantial evidence of its pricing but can give you a rough idea of the pricing range of the CNC machines.
What is a CNC Machine?
CNC machines are electro-mechanical devices that help you to carve figurines or cut wood and other materials to make various products of your choice and can be controlled by using computer programming inputs. The CNC machine might seem similar to that of 3D printing as it supports the same types of computer files but works differently as it cuts and carves on the wood whereas a 3D printer prints figurines of your imagination.
The invention of CNC machines dates way back to the 1940s and ’50s and with time it has gone through a huge technical development to meet the different needs of the people accordingly.
If you are reading this blog then probably you know a thing or two about the CNC machine and it’s working, so not digging deep into the facts about it, allow me to take you on its pricing tour. This tour will not only help you to lay hands on the best CNC machine but also provide you with some basic knowledge making your buying spidey sense more powerful.
Benefits of a CNC Machine
If you work with thick metal pieces and a manual machine for carving, milling, drilling you will know how difficult it gets at times but the CNC machines being a computerized device reduces a lot of stress as well as saves a lot of time. Other than this there are several other benefits that a CNC machine has which will for sure make you dump your manual woodcutter and force you to go for these wood CNC machines.
- The CNC machine is considered to be worth your investment as they come equipped with the right set of tools and accessories to make your work easier.
- It reduces the time spent providing you with an efficient method for carving a material.
- Some of these machines are designed solely for beginners and are available in different prototypes and different brands but have the same function i.e. to help you in carving your imagination on the wood.
- The CNC machines for home have been made easily available and come with enhanced customization options to help users perform their desired functions.
How Much Does a CNC Machine Cost?
The cost of a CNC machine depends on various factors that lead to the differential pricing of each machine. Various factors play a massive role in influencing the price of these machines like size, weight, power of the machine, its manufacturing country, special additional features, and the configuration of the machine.
Best CNC Machine Under $400
A CNC machine is considered a versatile machine since its introduction as it has helped people to carve out products with higher output, incredible accuracy, making these machines highly reliable to work with. From small jobs to large operations these machines have helped to maximize productivity taking the creativity levels of a person higher.
|Nakupenda – 3-axis CNC router machine||$164-$200|
|CNC3018 Pro Max 5-axis CNC router machine||$229–$349|
|KKMOON CNC router with offline control||$164–$229|
|VEVOR CNC machine||$329–$349|
|ZHONG HUA JIANG CNC router machine||$153-$300|
|WOLIKE CNC engraver machine with 200W spindle||$219–$329|
|Upgrade Version CNC wood router engraver machine||$209–$335|
|CNC router Drawing Robot kit – 3-axis writing robot||$388–$395|
|NEJE CNC router milling machine – 4-axis movement||$209–$335|
|VG-L7 CNC Engraving Machine||$329–$349|
Factors Affecting the Cost of CNC Machine:-
- The size of the machine plays a significant role in increasing or decreasing the cost of these machines as a bigger machine will cost more than a smaller one.
- Though the weight of the machine might not come as a factor as bigger machines will have significantly greater weight than the smaller ones.
- Speed and power of the machine are other factors that influence the pricing range as while working with certain materials you might require greater speed and power making it costlier.
- The cost of the CNC machine is affected adversely by the fact that it was manufactured in another country and you need to pay extra taxes to get it in your home country.
- The additional features that a machine offers also increases the price of this machine.
- Machine configuration is another factor that affects its cost as a machine configured to work on several axes will cost you much more than a machine configured to work on 2 or 3 axes.
How Much Does a Wood CNC Machine Cost?
A wood CNC machine is a common CNC machine variant that is designed specifically for carrying out the carving and etching process on pieces of wood. This machine can also be controlled through computer commands but comprises of a soft spindle than the other CNC machines for metals. Other than the factors mentioned above there are other ways by which its cost can be affected.
Finding a CNC machine that can meet all your needs of carving, etching, and suits you the best can be quite difficult and might give you a severe headache as they come in a variety of models providing a variety of functions.
These machines come in varied shapes, sizes, and designs, and to choose the best, which provides you with the privilege of choosing the product of your choice from an ocean of products with descriptions to reduce your tension of which one to buy?
- Firstly you should know your priorities well and then set the budget you can afford.
- Investigate properly the type of wood you are working on and choose accordingly.
- Design, size, and shape are on your preference as you will know better which suits you perfectly.
- Look for the features it provides but keep in mind that a machine loaded with unuseful features is just a waste of your money so you should be wise while choosing the best one for you.
- Choose the one which is easily operable, accessible, and has low maintenance cost.
What is the best wood CNC machine?
The best wood CNC machines are the ones the provide you with the best possible results, lowering the failure rate in the process, are durable, provides the option of multiple tools, and last but not least should make your work easier.
Can you CNC wood?
The wood CNC machines are designed especially for carving the wood as wood is considered as the most common material and is quite easy to carve and with these machines, the cutting and carving process of wood has become faster, easier, and accurate.
What can you make with a wood CNC machine?
It is a versatile computerized device that can help you to carve and etch a piece of wood quite effectively and easily also with high accuracy and precision. You can use it to make a paddleboard, kinetic sculpture, skeleton clock, elephant puzzle, stringed musical instruments, and several other creative things.
What software do I need for the CNC router?
The CNC wood router can be easily operated using some computer software which implies that you can sit back and enjoy while the machine does the whole work of carving the wood automatically. CAD and CAM are the most common software that these routers use, though you will find various other software that performs certain tasks but are classified under CAD.
How do I buy a CNC machine?
You can consider the following steps while buying a CNC machine -:
Firstly you should know your priorities well and then set the budget you can afford.
Investigate properly the type of wood you are working on and choose accordingly.
Design, size, and shape are on your preference as you will know better which suits you perfectly.
Look for the features it provides but keep in mind that a machine loaded with unuseful features is just a waste of your money so you should be wise while choosing the best one for you.
Choose the one which is easily operable, accessible and has low maintenance cost.
Culminating with increasing sophistication today where users can purchase the best ‘CNC machine’ development in the field of CNC machines has been massive and it is clear with the demands rising day by day. As this machine is becoming more and more easily available, it is high time that you buy it if you wish to maximize your profit and give your imagination a shape faster and provide a praiseworthy and satisfying artifact that catches everyone’s attention.