Best Optical Welding Machine: Features To Consider Before Buying It: 2020 Guide
Optical Welding Machine Nowadays common in use if we need to add two optical fibers! The Internet is very much an existential part of everyone’s life. Everyone has internet facilities in their house and optical fiber cable is used to transmit data. As optical fiber is the better medium to transmit data because there is no loss in between the transmission and also transmission rate is very much high as compared to copper wire.
It’s not possible to use a single optical cable for a project so we need to add or weld optical cable. for this, we need an optical welding machine. This will smoothly add two optical fiber. The optical welding machine is easily available in the market at affordable prices. In this blog, we will see in detail the optical welding machine.
List Of Best Optical Welding Machine Online:
Here you get a complete list of Best Optical Welding Machine Online at the best and affordable prices.
To check out more products Click Here
What Is An Optical Welding Machine?
How Optical Fiber Splicing Machine Works
Optical fiber splicing machine in action
Semi-automatic Fiber Optic Splicing Machine:
The semi-automatic fiber optic splicing machine is larger than manual welding machines. They are equipped with turntables. The semi-automatic fiber optic splicing machine is ideal for medium and large-scale production. All the medium vendors are using Semi-automatic fiber optic splicing machines only. They are a little bit cheaper than normal optical welding machines. We can also operate the optical welding machine in manual mode also.
Automatic Ftth Fiber Optical Welding Splicing Machine:
Optical Splicing Machine:
Buyers Guideline Optical Fiber Splicing Machine:
Why choose a laser welding machine?
The optical welding machine is very fast. They are also highly accurate. Optical fiber splicing machine can be adapted to a wide variety of part shapes and materials: They do not wear out:
- Laser welding machines operate without contact, so there is no risk of wear and tear on the machine.
- There is also no need to change tools or electrodes, which is a definite advantage in terms of waste reduction.They can be given orders digitally
Pulsed or continuous laser?
Your optical fiber splicing machine can be equipped with one of the following two types of lasers pulsed laser or a continuous laser. The choice of one over the other depends on the thickness of the material you want to weld.
- The pulsed laser:
- It is suitable for metals that are light and thin.
- It prevents them from being deformed or melted.
- The continuous laser:
- It is recommended for welding thick parts.
- It is particularly effective in refractory metals.
How to choose the laser beam source?
There are three types of sources: fiber laser, CO2 laser, and Nd: YAG laser. The choice of the source depends on the type of laser you have chosen (pulsed or continuous).
- The fiber laser:
- This technology is based on sharp and thin beams that allow continuous and penetrative work to be carried out.
- Like the CO2 laser, the fiber laser can penetrate thick sheets with great speed and efficiency.
- The CO2 laser:
- This technology uses a gas mixture of carbon dioxide, helium, and nitrogen that is electrically-excited and optimized for continuous operation.
- Like the fiber laser, the CO2 laser can penetrate thick sheets with great speed and efficiency.
- The Nd: YAG laser:
- It allows effective control of the power, duration, and shape of the laser pulses.
- It is optimized for the pulsed mode.
What parameters should be checked?
Before using your optical welding machine, you will need to verify several parameters. Here are some common precautions to take to ensure that your welding operations are a success.
- Adjust energy
- It is important to adjust the energy appropriately in order to adapt the power to the process.
- This will prevent energy waste.
- Ensure that you have the correct beam diameter
- The diameter affects the welding performance.
- We recommend that you choose a laser beam with a diameter between 0.2 and 2 mm.
- Check the pulse frequencies
- Pulse frequencies that are too high result in pulse energies that are too low making the welding less efficient or even inefficient.
- Monitor the waveform of laser pulses
- We recommend that you change the waveform according to the metal you intend to weld.
- If you use an inadequate waveform, 60% to 98% of the laser energy will be lost and your welding operation will fail
Which configuration should I choose for my optical welding machine?
There are 3 types of configurations available for optical welding machine:
- Manual optical welding machine
- semi automatic fiber optic splicing machine
- automatic FTTH fiber optical welding splicing machine
The choice of configuration depends on:
- Your production (small-scale or large?)
- How you want to arrange your workstation
Frequently Asked Question:
What is the better method of optical welding machine for two dissimilar tubes?
For pipe welding, the same material is used if possible or similar materials. When welding a three-layer trap as one of the matrices has a different stand-by temperature, another welding method is required. Widely applicable is the front electro-welding or welding by pressing. Another approach is the vigorous welding by using an optical splicing machine is Al alloy with Cu or Cu alloy.
Can we say that 100% laser power is absorbed once keyhole forms during an optical welding machine?
Those both are great publications but take into account that they are based on CO2 laser welding and in the latter case in Nd: YAG welding. If you use another laser type the keyhole behavior will be changed and absorption accordingly. Typically absorption is depending on power density, welding speed, and wavelength. There is also always a fraction of laser power that will escape via root in case of full penetration.
How to find a keyhole profile in an optical welding machine?
I did it for laser ablation. When you solve the heat transfer equation you can simply determine the melting depth by using the melting temperature and the ablated volume by using the evaporation temperature. In my case, I found by using the isothermal distribution that the hole has a half-spherical shape. But in other cases, you can find a cylindrical shape. Also, you’ll be able to determine the ablated mass for different laser powers and the number of the laser pulse. I hope that this explanation can help you.
How can I measure the pressure inside а keyhole in the penetration optical welding machine?
If you only concern the average pressure inside the keyhole, from this point of view, I think you can try to do thrust measurement. the total thrust produced by the plasma jet is approximately equal to the pressure times keyhole cross-section. the thrust measurement should be very careful because most thrust transfer is not suitable for steady force. And meanwhile, you’d better record the hole image which can present data of active thrust surface.
Is there a standard for laser welding seam quality?
I also suggest to you the standard ISO 13919 Welding – Electron and laser beam welded joints; Guidance on quality levels for imperfections. Part 1 deals with welding steels, Part 2 refers to aluminum and its weldable alloys. If I am not mistaken you are dealing with welding Al coated steel sheets, so I think Part 1 will be better to use.
The optical splicing machine is a non-contact process that allows metal parts to be assembled mainly by means of a laser beam. This type of optical splicing machine is suitable for applications that require high speeds and for thin welding with low thermal distortion. The speed of this process, as well as the ability to control the quality of welding during the operation and its high level of automation, make optical splicing machine a widely used machine in many industrial sectors such as the medical industry, electronics, toolmaking, and the automotive sector.
A semi-automatic fiber optic splicing machine is a good option for small and mid-scale industry. We can find it online. semi-automatic fiber optic splicing machine is easy to operate and handy. Overall, we can conclude that the optical welding machine is a very essential machine for welding.