Motion Sensor LED Light
Showing all 12 results
Have you ever wondered thinking of how the latest technologies are changing the way of our lifestyles? It gives me chills that the technologies are evolving to build new gadgets and They are making a huge impact on our daily routine. From toothbrush, ya toothbrush to the night lamps have some technical integrations to work better and give the most satisfactory experience.
You probably heard about the Motion sensor LED lights. But did not know how it works or the benefits of the gadget or why you should use it instead of your ordinary LED lights. No worries mate. We’ve got you covered.
What is a Motion sensor LED light?
Just in case, if you don’t know what a motion sensor/detector is, a motion sensor is a device that detects movements, particularly of people and is often integrated as a component of a system that automatically detects movements and performs a task or sometimes alerts users of motion in an area, depends on the system.
Now, as the name says that the motion sensor LED light uses this technology to turn off the light automatically without someone’s presence within its range until it detects some movement and turns the light on. An innovative technology to use the light whenever needed and turns off when no one’s nearby.
How does motion sensor LED lightwork?
The sensor, known as PIR (passive infrared) detectors or pyroelectric sensors that a motion sensor LED light has, emits passive infrared energy to detect physical movement within its range. These sensors or detectors are sensitive to the heat produced by the human body.
The human bodies, having an average temperature of 93 degrees F, radiate the infrared energy with a wavelength between 9 and 10 micrometers and the sensors are usually set to record the wavelengths in the range of 8 to 12 micrometers.
Infrared light emits electrons which bump into a substrate like the surface of the human body. These electrons can be measured and it can determine whether the person is in motion or not as these electrons can be amplified and transformed into a signal.
Another simple explanation might be the way a bat figures out if there is an object. A bat releases sound waves from the mouth or the nose. When the waves hit something or an object, it turns into echoes and the echoes bounce off the object and return to the bat to figure out the object’s details.
Types of Motion Sensor technology
Several types of motion detectors are being used by many different companies. The most popular and commonly used sensors are-
- Passive infrared (PIR)
Passive infrared (PIR) sensors are sensitive to the temperature of a human body by emitting passive infrared energy at mid-infrared wavelengths. These devices can detect objects, people, or animals by picking up one’s infrared radiation.
The principle of Doppler radar is used to detect motion by this type of sensor. Microwave radiation emits a wave continuously and receives reflections from nearby objects to determine the motion within its action area.
An Ultrasonic sensor or Ultrasonic Transducer emits an ultrasonic wave (emitted sound wave can’t be heard because of the higher frequency than a human ear can hear) to receive the reflections from the nearby objects, similar to the Microwave.
- Tomographic motion detector
Tomographic motion detector senses disturbances to radio waves as they move from node to node in the mesh network. They work in a large area to detect because they can sense through walls and other obstructions.
Types of Motion sensor LED light
There are different types of motion sensor LED lights for different areas of a house available in the market. We are going to talk about the four most-used motion sensor LED lights.
- Outdoor motion sensor LED light:
Motion sensor LED light outdoor
Placing motion sensor LED lights outside (e.g. front doors, driveways, gardens, garages, etc.) is very popular as it increases safety and it’s like a warning for an intruder.
- Indoor motion sensor LED light:
Motion sensor LED light Indoor
Indoor motion sensor LED lights are also very popular. This type of lighting can be very useful in bedrooms or hallways, stair cupboards. Especially in offices. Sensors can detect employees’ movements and turn the light on in their presence and turn off when no one’s in the range.
- Motion sensor LED light strip:
This type of LED light can be used in a small part of your house where you need light for a short time. The range of the sensors used with this type of light could be 5-8 meters.
- Motion sensor LED night light:
Motion sensor LED night lights are used in the bedrooms. It does not have so much brightness like others or the brightness can be controlled.
Benefits of a Motion sensor LED lights
Normal LED lights can save energy by converting 95 percent (approx.) of energy into light and the remaining 5 percent wasted as heat.
With an integrated motion detector/sensor, the LED lights become even more powerful to decrease electricity consumption and increase safety.
- Sometimes it feels very irritating, having the lights left on by mistake. I know folks, it is very irritating. With motion sensor LED light you will never leave the lights on by mistake.
- Sorry burglars, it would become harder for you guys to sneak into a house and remain unnoticed. Using motion sensor LED lights would the smartest decision to increase your home security under a tight budget.
- Motion sensor LED lights come at affordable prices. You can buy one for just $10-$30. Save money and save electricity.
- Motion sensor LED lights that detect motion by the body heat and wavelengths to calculate whether there is a movement to turn off or turn on the light. This makes it more reliable to enter into a room with the lights on or leave the room with the lights off automatically.
- Entering into a dark room and finding the lighting switches could be very Inconvenient. You may end up hurting yourself. With motion sensor LED lights there is no need for that because, you know the reason, the motion sensor will do it for you.
- You can install motion sensor LED lights anywhere in your house and do not need to check the entire house if there is a light have been left on.
There are other very useful motion sensor LED lights are available like motion sensor LED light solar which uses solar power to store energy, motion sensor waterproof LED light, can be used in the bathrooms. And all of these come in different prices.
So, choose the right one that suits your budget and fulfill your needs.