Portable Garment Steamer
Showing 1–16 of 29 results
Fed up with a usual iron to remove wrinkles from your clothes? No worries, there is an easier and time-saving way to do so with ease. The solution is a garment steamer that can remove wrinkles from your garments or clothes while taking care of the materials that the cloth is made of.
Speaking of the garment’s materials, the garment steamer is more trustworthy to use it on any type of cloths as the heating part does not need any direct contact with a cloth compared to a usual iron that requires direct contact of its heating plate.
Continue reading to know more about the benefits of a portable garment/ clothes steamer.
What is a Portable garment steamer?
A garment steamer, also known as a clothes steamer is a very useful device to remove wrinkles from garments and fabrics. Way better than normal iron in terms of quickly removing wrinkles from clothes and freshening the fabric while taking care of the cloth’s materials. The garment steamers are so portable that you can carry them in your luggage whenever and wherever you set out.
How to use a clothes steamer?
- The garment steamer works by heating the regular water (that requires you to manually put into an allocated place) until it evaporates. Then the steam is applied onto wrinkled material through a nozzle.
- It works by relaxing the bonds between the polymer molecules in the fabric which significantly eliminates the presence of wrinkles.
- A garment steamer comprises a water tank, heating element, and long metal rod, as well as a rubber hose with a brush for hair and lint removal.
- You must add the water in the tank and wait for some time until it boils and becomes vapor by the heat produced by the heating element. Then you apply the steam to any garment through a rubber hose using a soft, sweeping motion.
- To get better results, hang the garment on a regular clothes hanger or on a metal rod.
Types of garment steamer:
Since there are various types of clothes steamer brands available in the market, you may first know the types that the clothes steamer has. There are three main types of clothes steamers can be found, categorized by size and usage.
Standing Clothes Steamer:
This type of steamer is the most popular streamers in the market right now. It comes with a water well and a base machine lies on the floor, a nozzle that emits steam and a long tube that connects the nozzle to the base.
This type of steamer is not cheap at all since they have more attachments and different settings to work with a variety of fabrics.
Travel Clothes Steamer:
As the name Travel clothes steamer says, the best choice to carry on a vacation as it comes in a smaller size when compared to the Standing Clothes Steamer.
However, this type of steamer requires you to hold them the entire time while using it. Because of the small size, the steamer’s water tank is also small sized. That’s why you will have to refill the tank more often.
Handheld Clothes Steamer:
This type of steamer lies between Standing Clothes Steamer and a Travel clothes steamer. This type of steamer takes up less space than a Standing Steamer but is larger than a travel steamer.
Best for those who live in a small apartment. Although Handheld steamers are similar to travel steamers, these types of steamers feature larger water tanks and more powerful mechanisms.
Benefits of a handheld steamer:
If you know nothing about the benefits that a portable garment steamer has, you must read this part to educate yourself before you consider buying one and replacing your old usual iron with a portable clothes steamer.
- The use of garment steamers does not require special training or techniques like normal iron. You can conveniently de-wrinkle your clothes without using special chemicals and devices.
- With a clothes steamer, you can it becomes easier to retrieve the fabric without damaging a cloth. Also with a steam cleaner, you can loosen fibers and restore the shape of sweaters, vests, etc.
- If you have been using an iron for a long time, you might notice that the effects on the fabrics of the continuous use of the normal iron are not good. Because it reduces the life of the garment. On the other hand, using a garment steamer can make your clothes last longer.
- It is very useful in reducing the odor such as smoking odor.
- You don’t need to send your clothes to the dry cleaners. By using a garment steamer, it will be an easier and quicker way of refreshing clothes that will save your money.
Buyer’s Guide to portable steamer:
Before buying or using a garment steamer, you must read the following important points.
- Carelessness can damage your costly clothing. Different fabrics require different amounts of steams. If you have steam variable settings in the Garment Steamer you will be able to adjust the steam capacity.
- You must first check out the water capacity and make sure the size of the tank should be sufficient for your needs.
- If there is an automatic turn-off feature available on a steamer, you can consider buying it so that if the garment steamer dries up, this technology will turn it off immediately.
- Check out the weight first, you won’t feel comfortable while using a heavy one, especially on a vacation, don’t you think?
- There are garment steamers available with both removable and non-removable water tank. I recommend you should go for the removable one so that it will be easier for you to clean and fill.
Garment steamers are very helpful in removing wrinkles, It is Portable, comes in smaller sizes, quicker than your normal iron and eliminates the risk of burning your clothes mistakenly. There are several types to choose from depending on your needs.
So, as you know the benefits and important things to keep in mind before considering buying one, now you can choose the right one for yourself.
I hope you found the article helpful and thanks for reading.
Frequently asked questions:
Can I put starch in the steamer?
=> No, you cannot put starch in the steamer or you will end up breaking your steamer.
Do you need to empty the water reservoir after each use?
=> Yes. You should empty the reservoir after the steamer has cooled. By leaving water in the steamer, the mold inside it can grow.
What is the brush attachment used for steaming clothing?
=> Many clothes steamer manufacturers recommend using a brush to improve steam penetration on thick, heavy fabrics.
What do you need- an iron or a steamer?
=> A steamer can be used on fabrics that are difficult to iron, such as a screen-printed shirt or suit jacket. Sweaters, sweaters, delicate fabrics, t-shirts, jackets, and dresses require a steamer to protect the fabric and shape of the garment. Steamers are much faster than iron.
How effective is garment steamer?
=> Steaming is an effective way to shake the wrinkle out of almost any fabric, requiring less space for steamer use and takes less time and effort than ironing.
Is the garment steamer effective?
=> A cloth steamer and iron have the same purpose of eliminating wrinkles from the cloth and effective in smoothing out sleeves, pleats, and ruffles in garments.
Can garment steamer replace iron?
=> Steamers are much faster than iron. Handheld garment steamers beautifully beat the Irons because they are lightweight and require little space. It also has its disadvantages, such as cannot be pressed into the clothes. If you use a steamer, your shirt won’t look crisp.