Smart Pet Toys
Showing all 11 results
Smart Pet Toys!! Do you Remember when pet toys were just a ball with a weird fluffy thing on the end of it? Things have definitely advanced since then and if you’re a smart home enthusiast like myself, you’ll want everything to be done automatically via Smart Pet Toys! There’s a ton of mediocre stuff out there, but, there are actually some real gems that make looking after your pet very easy as well as entertaining them! From cats, dogs and rabbits there’s so much variety! This list will be for all pets alike, but I will likely break this down even further! Some are ‘duplicates’ of the same type of product but I felt they were worth mentioning as good alternatives!
What is Smart Pet Toys?
Smart toys and gadgets can come in all shapes and sizes. They always connect through your Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, and can be used through a smartphone app. Smart toys and connected gadgets for your pet can be pet treat dispensers, activity trackers, pet GPS systems and more.
Use of Smart Pet Toys
Smart pet toys and gadgets allow you to stay connected with your pet, whether you’re home or away. Some smart pet toys are ideal for when you’re at work or simply out of the home, like the Petzi Treat Cam, while others will connect you with your pet while you’re on a hike, like the GPS tracker. It’s essential for connection, and even more ideal for monitoring your pet.
Benefits of Smart Pet Toys
- Puzzle toys sharpen a dog’s eye-paw coordination skills.
- Interactive toys provide independent indoor exercise.
- All smart toys can alleviate boredom and keep your pup busy.
- They can also help relieve separation anxiety and stress.
- Staying busy helps active dogs stay out of trouble.
- Smart toys help prevent dementia in older pets.
- Treat Dispensing smart pet Toys slow down fast eaters while providing mental stimulation.
- Solving IQ puzzles increases your dog’s confidence.
- Challenging Smart Toys can help improve problem-solving skills.
- Nose Work toys provide your dog with the opportunity to use their natural hunting instincts.
Health Benefits Of Having Smart Pet Toys
- When pets are bored or anxious, they sometimes manifest it through destructive behavior such as chewing on your shoes or worse – your furniture.
- Toys can stimulate a dog’s mind and help ease negative feelings. Also, they allow your pets to get some physical exercise, which is beneficial for their overall health. With all these health benefits, high quality and fun dog toys are a good investment.
- When you leave the house, it can be a good idea to leave a “squeak” toy for your dog, such as our Squeaker Bone. This will give your dog the feeling that the toy is interacting with it when you are out, and will help prevent boredom and loneliness.
- Another good toy to consider is the Kong range. These are toys that can be tightly packed with food and treats to keep your dog entertained for hours as he tries to lick the goodies out.
Safety Tips To Protect Your Pet From Chemicals
The safest toy for your pet isn’t necessarily the fanciest or newest item at the pet store. In fact, the toy your pet is most attracted to may be the most dangerous. Here are some of the most common things to be aware of.
Avoid toys that have strong chemical smells and beware of bright fabrics that may have toxic dyes. Some toys contain toxic levels of lead, phthalates, and other harmful chemicals, so research brands before you purchase toys.1 Stay away from toys that include aromatherapy and other herbal remedies: animals are sensitive to many plants and herbs, some of which can be deadly.
Dog and cat toys with ribbons, loose string or yarn, decorative eyes, or buttons present choking or digestive hazards. Feathers and bells look like fun, but unfortunately, many pets can easily remove them.
If a toy is stuffed, make sure your pet can digest the material if they break into the fluff. Watch out for stuffing that includes beads, nutshells, or other small items that are not good for your pet’s tummy.
Rawhide dog toys can also present digestive and choking issues. Consult your vet before giving any rawhide chews to your dog to make sure that you choose the safest option.
Yarn and string
Sadly, that leftover ball of yarn isn’t the best choice to keep your kitty safe and entertained. Yarn, ribbons, and strings can present a strangulation hazard for your cat, and if swallowed, may result in intestinal blockage.
Toys with small openings or gaps—like those colorful balls with bells in the middle—present another danger to felines: your kitty could get their paws stuck.
How To Pick Safe Toys:
- Just because a toy is at the pet store doesn’t guarantee that it’s a safe choice for your furry friend. Use this guide, the advice of your vet, and input from other trusted pet owners to pick the safest toys. When it comes to particular brands, research company practices, materials, ingredients, and consumer satisfaction.
- Closely inspect all toys for durability and safety, and prepare to modify them to increase their safety for your pet. If you can’t avoid strings, ribbons, or feathers, remove them before letting your pet dig into the fun. If you’re getting a cat post, make sure it is stable enough to stand on its own or secure it to a wall.
- Consider the size of your pet. Some toys may be safe for smaller animals but present a choking hazard for larger ones. Take your pet’s behavior into consideration as well. Most dogs don’t simply chew on toys—they shred them. If you have a pup like this, seek out toys made of heavy, durable rubber to ensure they last longer and present fewer choking risks.
Buyers Guide To Buy Smart Pet Toys
The kind of toy do you want
Is this to keep your dog calm? Is it an interactive toy that lets you play with them? Or is it just something to keep them occupied while you’re busy? It is very important to consider what you want this toy for, as you can search for specialized items. Chewy toys such as Kongs, which you can fill with treats, can keep dogs occupied for quite a while, as well as keeping their teeth strong and healthy as chewing is very important for canine health, whereas soft toys are good to calm an anxious dog down if they just want something to hold. In any case, it is important that it is easy to clean. Make sure all soft toys are machine washable.
Seize of Toy
Many toys are labelled with what size dog they are suitable for. Dogs vary wildly in their sizes and something that’s perfect for your little terrier could easily be swallowed by your friend’s Labrador. Toys meant for smaller dogs can cause blockages or choking if swallowed and little dogs might hurt themselves on toys for their larger friends, as they are built to be more durable. Keep this in mind when picking out a toy.
Your Dog Choice
You don’t want to give your boisterous dog a cuddly toy when they like to rip things to pieces, or a loud, squeaky toy to a nervous dog. Consider what your pet enjoys and what they are more likely to have fun with. Age is also an important factor when choosing a toy, as tougher toys can harm a puppy’s teeth, while older dogs need more durable items. Softer items made of material such as rubber are better for puppies.
In general, dogs tend to be quite rough when they play, so you need to find durable toys that you won’t have to replace every week! However, you don’t want them to be so hard that they damage your pooch’s teeth. Press into the toy with your fingernail. If it doesn’t give a little, it’s might be too hard.
Dogs and animals are an important aspect of our human life. It’s important to get the dog product reviews you need for your pet. We hope your pet gets some fun and stimulation from these smart devices and that you feel more connected with your beloved animals even if you’re not at home. Come back soon since we’re constantly updating our home automation blog with guides to the best smart devices out there and also with plenty of useful pointers on building out an effective automated home.
Toys are mentally and physically stimulating and assist in fulfilling a pets emotional and physical needs. Even though dogs today are primarily bred as companion pets, they still need something to do. In the absence of a job, they will look for things to do to occupy their time and fulfill their chewing needs. If you don’t want them to choose their own chew toys, such as your sofa, pillows, or toilet paper rolls, provide them with appropriate outlets. This piece will help you out to choose the best smart pet toys.