Showing 1–16 of 20 results
The world is changing. We have already seen so many upgraded devices that were never been so powerful. Solar Panels are among them. This is the key to generate power while producing less detrimental effects on our environment. Most common applications of solar power are in agriculture, solar water heating systems, etc.
Sun gives off far more energy than we even need to power up the electricity-driven things. Because of this investors are attracted to the solar panels for creating a better and energy-efficient power source to use for reducing the overall cost of their products. Not only companies but solar powers are becoming more and more popular among common people to use the stored energy at home.
Why Should You Use Solar Panels?
Since, the sun gives us more than enough energy that we don’t even use, electricity created by through solar power is a very helpful power source in the case of cleaning energy production. Solar power systems do not emit any greenhouse gas into the atmosphere while the solar panels are used to create electricity.
If you are thinking about the cost of installation and other costs, then you must know that they are low than the other forms of power generation systems. It won’t even require fuel which means that solar power is capable of creating a huge amount of electricity without the need for spending a continuous fuel supply.
As the solar power system creates a renewable CO2-free power source, the impact of solar power on the environment is significantly less than other energy generation systems. Basically, the impact on the environment depends on the production supply of the required materials and metals in order to produce solar panels as well as the location and the water usage. Other than that, the whole process doesn’t have much impact on our environment.
How Do Solar Panels Work?
It’s important that you understand how solar panels really work. We have explained the steps in a simple way below-
- When sunlight hits the solar panels, it generates an electric field.
- That electricity flows to the edge of the panel and then to the conductive wire.
- The conductive wire then brings the electricity to the inverter. There it’s converted from DC to AC, used to the power buildings.
- There is another wire that transports AC current from the inverter to the electric panel, called a breaker box, which then distributes electricity throughout the building according to the requirements.
- There is no need for electricity over generation flows through the utility meter and the utility electrical grid. Because of the electricity flow through the meter, it drives the meter to run backwards which accumulates your property for excess generation.
Buyer’s Guide To Solar Panels
To get the best solar panel system working perfectly you have to consider some important factors. Check out our buyer’s guide below-
Types of solar panels
There are basically two types of solar panels for your photovoltaic, shorty known as PV system. They are mono-crystalline and poly-crystalline solar panels. Both of these solar panels are made of silicon and are used for the same purpose in the solar PV system. They are used to capture energy from the sun and change it into electric energy. These mono-crystalline and poly-crystalline solar panels are ideal choices to use for your household and bigger commercial purposes as well.
The main difference between these two types is Mono-crystalline solar panels are made of single-crystal polysilicon. On the other hand, poly-crystalline solar panels are made with multiple, small silicon crystals
PV array generated electricity storing is done by running the current into a bank of batteries. The exception is in the most remote areas. Although, this step is not cost-effective for the average homeowner. The required array’s size is usually larger than the home can accommodate. Thus, in most of the cases, back-up generators are required to maintain an even electricity flow during dark winter months.
This is another important factor to consider while getting ready for setting up solar systems. Energy-efficiency varies according to the place or location. It is calculated by the amount of sunlight that it converts into electricity per unit of an area. Leading global solar panel companies offer efficiencies of more than 17%.
Solar panel size
Before going to size your solar panel system you must consider thinking when and how much electricity you use. For example, on average, a home requires 20 kWh of energy a day. In this case, a 5 kW solar systems would be perfect to produce sufficient energy for the daytime power of such home needs.
The durability of a solar panel is estimated by its strength to withstand rains, excessive pressure, storms, winds, etc. Most of the leading solar panel companies offer great endurance of solar panels. So. it is recommended to choose a popular and reputated brand.
Tips To Maintain Solar Panels
We have provided some useful tips for you in order to extend its lifespan below-
- Look at the solar panels to ensure the green lights on the inverters are flashing. If they don’t flash, it means that you are losing money by not compensating for consuming electricity.
- Always place the solar panels where it won’t get shade. The energy production will become inefficient if the solar panels are kept under a shade which resists it from absorbing sunlight.
- Since there are no moving parts of the solar panel that can get affected by rust or malfunction, solar energy maintenance may not be necessary. Information on solar panels servicing can also be viewed on a wall-mounted display while at home.
- It is advised that you monitor your systems that will help you see how much the environment is being benefited and how much CO2 is being emitted into the atmosphere.
- If you do not have time to clean solar panels, you can install automatic cleaners that act as sprinkler systems or you can reach out to solar panel cleaning companies.
Keep the above points in mind to maintain the performance of your solar panels for a long period of time.
Solar panels are getting cheaper, at least the price has decreased significantly in recent years. Although the initial cost may worry you, it will definitely help you save a huge amount of money each year. Thus, the performance and the quality of solar panels depend on some important factors that we have already talked about. So consider them in order to set up for the perfect solar panel system whether for personal use or commercial purpose.