Non-Contact Automotive Short and Open Circuit Tester Kit with Transmitter and Receiver LEDs and Flexible Probe
EM415PRO detects and alerts you immediately where a circuit is open. You can quickly and easily locate short circuits, open connections, broken wires, current leaks, and even trace wires. You can also find intermittent circuit problems by flexing wires or connectors and listening for a change in the receiver tone Allowing you general tracing or pinpointing the problem location. It also shows you the direction to the short with its direction indicator, eliminating the guesswork. This professional tool will work on all kinds of circuits with voltages between 6 and 42 volts DC.such as those found in automobiles, trucks, tractors, boats, RVs, etc…With its wide working voltage range
- Quickly and easily locate short circuits
- Save your times and increase your income
- Judge continuity of the cables or wires.
- Track the cables or wires, and diagnose the breakpoint
- Receive the tone signal on the cables or wires(telephone line)
- Identify the state in the working telephone line (clear, ring, busy)
- Send a single solid tone or a dual alternating tone to the object cables or wires.
Power: Two 9V batteries (Not Included In Package)
Item Width:4 cm
Material Type: coiled steel
Item Height:15 inch
Item Type: Electrical Testers & Test Leads
Item Length:17 cm
This instrument is designed to identify and trace wires or cables without damaging the insulation. You can also use it in checking for short circuits and locating open circuits and so on. There are a Sender and a Receiver included in the instrument.
1, Wire Tracing
2, Checking for short circuit
3, locating open circuit
4, Wire identification
* Tracing of wires is made possible even inside bundles, conduits, behind panels, under carpets, upholstery, etc
* Easy to use: simply connect the transmitter in series with the circuit or wire under test, (i.e.: in place of a blown fuse, across a connector, in series with open wire, a light bulb socket, etc.), and scanning the circuit/wire with the tracers flexible probe to find the trouble spots
* 42 V Ready: for use in the new generation of vehicles with mixed or single 42 Volt systems
* Operates on DC voltages from 6 to 42 volts
* Internally protected against power surges and overloads
* 7″ flexible probe allows reaching wires in congested places
* Transmitter and Receiver LEDs show open or short circuit conditions
* Adjustable sensitivity for all tracing situations
* No wire piercing required, non-contact technology!
How to use the probe?
The probe of the Receiver is built of coiled steel and may be bent as needed, in order to reach wires in congested or difficult areas. Depending on the circuit characteristic and sensitivity settings, the probe will pick up the signal from the wire in a range of positions. However, for the best possible range, the Receiver’s probe tip (black cap) should be positioned perpendicular (at 90o) to the wire being traced and either above or below it.
Package Includes :
1 x Automotive Short and Open Finder
Specification: Non-Contact Automotive Short and Open Circuit Tester Kit with Transmitter and Receiver LEDs and Flexible Probe
8 reviews for Non-Contact Automotive Short and Open Circuit Tester Kit with Transmitter and Receiver LEDs and Flexible Probe