Autel Robotics Evo Review. You’ve probably heard about the DJI Mavic series if you’re at all into drone photography or cinematography. These drones have pretty much set the bar for portable drones with 4K camera capability since their release in 2016. At the massive tech conference, CES 2018, however, a challenger appeared The Autel Robotics Evo.
A foldable drone with a 4K camera and what appears to be slightly better with specs. You can read about the specifications, features, camera performance, battery life. price range and more in the Autel Robotics Evo Review And Specifications.
Here is our Autel Robotics Evo Review (By GeekyViews Experts)
? If you have used or if you are using this drone, please leave your Autel Robotics Evo review in the comments below and help our readers choose.
Here are the Top 10 Best Pick By The GV Experts.
Autel Robotics Evo Images
The Autel Robotics Evo drone is definitely being marketed as a DJI Mavic competitor. If you look up comparisons on the specs it seems that, at least on paper, it does indeed edge out the Mavic on almost every front. The camera has 60 FPS versus 30 on the Mavic. It’s a little faster, lasts a little longer, and has better range. It’s got collision avoidance in the front and the back, while the Mavic only has the front.
The controller can stream your video via the OLED screen while the Mavic only shows flight data. Regardless of how it does versus the competition, it seems like its set up to be a very solid drone in its own right. Anybody looking for a semi-pro level, a smart, small drone with some pretty neat features and premium picture quality has no further to look than the Autel Robotics Evo.
Autel Robotics Evo Video Review
Autel Robotics Evo Specifications and Features
1. Having an OLED screen on the remote is a very nice perk. It looks like you can use it in conjunction with your smartphone to give you even more information and control. If your smartphone runs down or you just don’t have one, you can pilot using only the remote, as it can directly stream video from the drone.
2. The remote offers the slightly insane range of 7 kilometers (about 4.2 miles) which is way farther than I’d be comfortable sending my drone, but it’s nice to have the option.
3. Its dynamic tracking enables the Evo to launch onto a target (say, you on your bike) and follow it like a lost puppy. It works on visual recognition. While there’s no word on how this performs in real-world conditions it’s been implemented on other drones and it seems to work well.
4. Its 3D mapping is a feature most people probably won’t use. It’s pretty interesting that Autel included it natively in the app. If you need to figure out models or gather data on some structure you can set the drone to explore it and it’ll give you the data.
5. It is has a front and rear obstacle avoidance feature. It seems when something is around it and avoids it, so you won’t really have to worry about crashing your drone. Even if it’s out of sight, it won’t crash itself while following you on dynamic tracking mode.
|Autel Robotics Evo Specifications
|Max Flight Distance
|LiPo 4300 mAh
Autel Robotics Evo Camera Quality & Specifications
The camera supports up to 60fps in 4K Ultra HD video, 120fps in 1080p standard HD, and yields an ultra-wide 94-degree field of view. It is mounted on a built-in 3-axis gimbal. It takes still photos at 12MP in single or burst.
It also offers auto exposure bracketing to make sure you don’t miss the shot in tricky lighting conditions. The Evo accepts up to 128GB Micro SD cards so you have plenty of storage for those phenomenal pics and videos.
Autel Robotics Evo Battery Life
With a 4300 mAh battery, Autel claims the Evo can fly for 30 minutes. Once the battery hits 15% the drone automatically lands. Battery charging is done outside the drone. It ships with a dedicated charger that can replenish the flight battery, and also includes a USB port to top off the remote control or another device.
Autel Robotics Evo Price Range
At $999 the Autel Robotics Evo is a great value for money. If you are looking for a new foldable drone then this would be a great purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What size Memory Card would you recommend?
All depends upon what you wish to do with it. However, the flight time of the drone isn’t all that spectacular which means that you just’ll have time after you kill the battery to obtain no matter footage you find yourself with properly earlier than you’re capable of recharge it. Suggest buying a further battery if in case you have occasions you’re going to wish to have prolonged flight time at.
Does it have a follow you mode?
I consider it does, although I’ve by no means used it.
Can you get controller separate?
Sure, you may. The controller is NOT required to function the drone, You’ll be able to merely fly the drone along with your cellular gadget. However, distant management permits you to have better flexibility, distance, and management of the plane.
Can you use this for fishing ?
No too small danger of shedding it in water.
Is this appropriate for a 10 or 11 year old?
I feel it’s applicable, it’s an enjoyable drone and really aware of the distance. I’d allow them to apply just a few instances earlier than simply letting them exit and play with it. It’s solely a few 15 min flights so get just a few batteries.
Do you need a cell phone to fly this drone or is it only for video feeds?
You possibly can fly it with the cellphone however that sucks–get distant. You get no “suggestions” while you fly ANY drone with sliding your fingers on the glass. Attempt driving you’re automotive with fingers transferring a video steering wheel in your cellphone display screen. Sucks proper?