Want to know how good is the Hexo+ Drone? Then you have landed on te rigt place as this article will answer all the questions you have about the Hexo+ Drone, while providing you a detailed buyer’s guide and its specifications.
Hexo+ Drone Review. The Photography world needed a solution that would make aerial filming possible in the most remote places: on mountains, in the snow, and in all sorts of unpredictable situations that were quite a pain to deal with when trying to sync a drone pilot, a cameraman and a rider. A couple of years ago, a totally unknown drone company took Kickstarter by storm with an innovative new auto-follow drone called the Hexo+ Drone.
Unlike other drones that were available at the time, it didn’t require a controller or any piloting experience — you could just send it into the air with the tap of an app, and it would film you autonomously from the sky. Read more about this in the Hexo+ Drone Review and Specifications.
Hexo+ Drone Images
Hexo+ is a hexacopter with an automated camera that can be maneuvered in plenty of ways to capture the cinematic shots. It is the only drone we know with such a huge emphasis on aerial photography as seen in the immense features of its customized camera movements. The Hexo+ drone is powered by 6 rotors and has small propellers that remain close to the body.
These propellers are clothed with colors to match with the drone. For example, 3 of them are metallic blue and the other 3 silver in color. The arms are strong and well-built, and the hull definitely feels like it could take a tumble down a rocky hillside without breaking into a million pieces. The drone is made to be hands-free, unlike other popular hexacopters and quadcopters that require a pilot to control them with the remote.
With this model, all you need is a compatible smart-phone that is preferably powered by either the Android or iOS to install the Hexo+ designed app. Meanwhile, the overall weight of this drone is 3.8 pounds after mounting the camera and inserting the battery. It is lightweight enough to fly at a speed of 45mph. The drone is made of tough materials that withstand the harsh temperatures in the sky.
Hexo+ Drone Specifications and Features:
1. Hexo+ Drone brings a few unique features to the table — the first and most obvious of which is the fact that it’s a hexacopter. This gives it a bit more stability in the air, and also means that if one motor fails or a prop breaks, the drone won’t fall out of the sky right away. That’s nice because unfortunately, it doesn’t have any kind of obstacle avoidance built-in.
2. What really sets the Hexo+ apart from the competition is how in-depth the auto-follow technology is. Instead of simply following from a preset distance or orientation, the drone can slide in or out, pan to follow you from a fixed position, hover close or far, and even fly in an orbit around you while you move. While this happens, the Hexo’s proprietary framing and predictive tracking algorithms make sure the camera is always aimed correctly — which in theory means you’ll never miss a shot, and your videos will have a more professional, cinematic feel to them.
3. The drone is super-fast and responsive in all its actions. It’s further made unique by the trajectory anticipation, predictive tracking algorithms, framing and stabilized photographs, and a 3-axis Gimbal.
4. The manufacturer has included the MagicWand feature wherein the drone can hover facing you. By waving your phone to either direction, the drone can follow that waving direction. It can also move away from you or closer to you because of this feature.
|Hexo+ Drone Specifications
|Max Flight Distance
Hexo+ Drone Camera Quality & Specifications:
Hexo doesn’t supply you with a camera, it does provide a decent 3-axis gimbal to keep the camera steady. It’s not the greatest gimbal ever made, but it does offer vibration dampening along the Z-axis, which is a nice feature that doesn’t always come standard. You have to buy the recommended GoPro camera to mount it on the Gimbal featured.
This camera will be secured by the Velcro strip in the Gimbal’s cradle to make sure it doesn’t get damaged when the drone lands. A compatible GoPro camera will follow the commands of the app in capturing aerial photography for either business or for fun. All you need in order to maneuver the camera movements are the included app that can be installed on your iPhone or an Android-powered smartphone. The Bluetooth is needed to pair the app with the drone.
Hexo+ Drone Battery Life:
Once you’re in the air, you can expect the Hexo+ to stay aloft for anywhere from 15 to 18 minutes. In plain air traffic, it’ll fly for about 18 minutes — but as usual, if you fly it hard and push the motors to their limit, you’ll only get about 15 to 16 minutes before it starts beeping at you and flashing warning notifications on your screen. It offers a very speedy charge time.
Hexo’s rechargeable batteries can go from empty to full in less than 40 minutes, which is actually one of the quickest recharge times in comparison to other drones in the market. You’ll probably still want to buy multiple batteries if you plan on filming more than half an hour on a given day.
Hexo+ Drone Price Range:
The Hexo Plus hexacopter arrives with most of its components included in its retail price of about $999. This bird doesn’t come equipped with a built-in camera, either. Hexo+ is of the “bring your own GoPro” variety, so if you don’t already have an action cam to use with it, you’ll need to dish out another $300 to $500 in order to use the drone. Technically you can fly it without a camera, but since it only does auto-follow, there wouldn’t really be any point.
Here is our Hexo+ Drone Review (By GeekyViews Experts)
? If you have used or if you are using this drone, please leave your Hexo+ Drone review in the comments below and help our readers choose.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What size Memory Card would you recommend?
All depends upon what you wish to do with it. However, the flight time of the drone isn’t all that spectacular which means that you just’ll have time after you kill the battery to obtain no matter footage you find yourself with properly earlier than you’re capable of recharge it. Suggest buying a further battery if in case you have occasions you’re going to wish to have prolonged flight time at.
Does it have a follow you mode?
I consider it does, although I’ve by no means used it.
Can you get controller separate?
Sure, you may. The controller is NOT required to function the drone, You’ll be able to merely fly the drone along with your cellular gadget. However, distant management permits you to have better flexibility, distance, and management of the plane.
Can you use this for fishing ?
No too small danger of shedding it in water.
Is this appropriate for a 10 or 11 year old?
I feel it’s applicable, it’s an enjoyable drone and really aware of the distance. I’d allow them to apply just a few instances earlier than simply letting them exit and play with it. It’s solely a few 15 min flights so get just a few batteries.
Do you need a cell phone to fly this drone or is it only for video feeds?
You possibly can fly it with the cellphone however that sucks–get distant. You get no “suggestions” while you fly ANY drone with sliding your fingers on the glass. Attempt driving you’re automotive with fingers transferring a video steering wheel in your cellphone display screen. Sucks proper?
The score is given after real-world test by the expert. Pros and Cons are also mentioned. If something is missing in Hexo+ Drone Review and Specifications then feel free to add them in the comment section.
- It has Nonexistent learning curve.
- Its battery recharges very fast.
- It has diverse auto-follow filming modes.
- It doesn't have manual control options.
- It doesn't have a camera.
- It requires a smartphone with a barometer.