Best ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini Review, Specifications & Buyer’s Guide
Frame Weight approx 123 grams(5inch) Motor to Motor :225mm (5inch) Frame Shape: Compressed X Main Plate Thickness: 4mm Arm Thickness: 4mm Stainless Steel Bolts Aluminum Cage Aluminum Standoffs Center Stack Mount: 30.5mm FPV Camera Mount: 28.5mm (Swift v2, Arrow v3, etc) Recommend Parts:(Does not...
ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini Review. ImmersionRC has come up with a new machine that reflects many of the latest trends in FPV multi-rotors that is; it’s small, fast, and comes pre-built. This little racing quad is called the ImmersionRC Vortex 150. Their initial release Vortex 285 was a gem itself and then they improved it with the previous version with the Vortex 250 Pro.
The Vortex150 is no exception to the rule. This mini-sized Vortex 150 Mini takes fun to a whole new level shrinking the size down to a 3″ FPV rocket. You can read about this Mini Quad’s specifications, features, camera performance, battery life, price range, and more in the ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini Review And Specifications.
Here is our ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini Review (By GeekyViews Experts)
? If you have used or if you are using this drone, please leave your ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini review in the comments below and help our readers choose.
The score is given after real-world test by the expert. Pros and Cons are also mentioned. If something is missing in ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini Review and Specifications then feel free to add them in the comment section.
- It is a mini hulk with much power.
- Due to its small size, it fits through the little cracks and makes flying real fun.
- Its default camera setup is too dark. you need to tune it a little.
- It can be a bit too much for it to carry a go pro or other kind of cam due to its small size.
ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini Images
Top 10 Best Pick By The GV Experts
The Vortex 150 Mini measures just 156mm between diagonal motor shafts. This gives the quad a significantly smaller footprint than the 250mm-class ships that used to dominate quad racing. Yet, as you will see, the Vortex 150’s bantam size does not make it any slower or less nimble. An innovative aspect of the Vortex 150 Mini is that it is mostly prebuilt. A fair amount of building, soldering, and programming used to be required when setting up a racing quad.
ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini Specifications and Features:
1. The Vortex’s flight controller has three default flight modes: Angle, Acro, and Horiz. You can select any of these modes during flight with a 3-position switch on your transmitter.
2. Because of the Vortex 150 Mini’s pre-built airframe and streamlined setup process, you can have the Vortex 150 ready for flight within an hour or two of opening the box. The included components integrate perfectly.
3. The tiny brushless motors are only 17mm in diameter and spin 76mm-diameter (3″) 3-blade propellers. The flight battery is small too. You can fly with 3-cell or 4-cell packs with a capacity of about 500mAh.
4. The LED lens on the rear of the Vortex has slots for routing the two receiver antennas. A small dab of GOOP on each exit slot keeps the antennas in place.
5. A Velcro strap is used to secure the flight battery to the top plate. The mounting area is very smooth.
|ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini Specifications|
|Max Flight Distance||Depends on the battery|
|Battery||3s-4s LiPo, 4s 750mAh >45C recommended|
|CAMERA||FatShark CCD (HS1177 Sensor & Chipset)|
ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini Camera Quality & Specifications:
Vortex 150 Mini includes an analog camera, there is no factory provision for an add-on action cam. The included FPV camera has 600 Television Line (TVL) resolution. It comes mounted in a plastic housing that provides some crash protection. The camera mount also allows the camera’s tilt angle to be adjusted to the pilot’s liking. When flying with other FPV pilots, it is essential to manage the frequencies used by each video transmitter (VTX).
Powering up a VTX with a frequency already in use is likely to cause the other pilot to crash. Rather than using physical jumpers or buttons, the channel and power output of the Vortex 150’s integrated Tramp VTX can be controlled externally. There are 48 channel options and power can be set from <1 milliwatt to 600 milliwatts. Some Spektrum-brand radios can be configured to control the VTX through an on-screen menu.
ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini Battery Life:
The battery lead is not an XT60 connector but the XT30. This is probably done for weight reduction. So while buying this little birdie who will need to do either of the things: Change the lead on the vortex 150 to an XT60. Change your battery to the XT30 connector. Buy new batteries with XT30 connectors like the Tattu 850mAh 14.8V 75C 4S1P Lipo.
The flight battery is small too. You can fly with 3-cell or 4-cell packs with a capacity of about 500mAh. The primary power sources should be Lumenier 4S-460mAh 45C batteries. This battery and the power lead on the quad come equipped with XT30 connectors.
ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini Price Range:
The ImmersionRC Vortex 150 Mini is priced at around $299. It includes most of the components that would normally be purchased separately (carbon-fiber frame, brushless motors, propellers, electronic speed controls, flight controller, FPV camera, video transmitter). The only things left to add are a radio system with a micro-receiver, a 5.8Ghz video receiver (goggles or a monitor), and flight batteries, which will cost you more.
can the Vortex 150 be used as a beginner drone; not for racing;not for 3D; not for FPV. I saw a video online from FliteTest – the pilot was flying line of sight. How long will the battery last – i am looking to use a 3S battery, 1000mAh. Thanks