ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro Review. Being a leader in the Racing Drone market, ImmersionRC has come up yet again with a banger. The ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro is a purebred drone made keeping racers in mind. It builds up from its powerful predecessor, Vortex 285, from which this drone got the inspiration for the improvements in the design and performance. The 285 wasn’t built for racing purposes, and it wasn’t competitively resistant to crash like the all-new 250 racing model.
You can use this superior Vortex 250 Pro for fun, for pro racing, or for taking professional aerial images/videos at a much faster pace. You can read more about this drone’s specifications, features, camera performance, battery life. price range and more in the ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro Review And Specifications.
Here is our ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro Review (By GeekyViews Experts)
? If you have used or if you are using this drone, please leave your ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro review in the comments below and help our readers choose.
The score is given after real-world test by the expert. Pros and Cons are also mentioned. If something is missing in ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro Review and Specifications then feel free to add them in the comment section.
- It is light in weight.
- It has a port for a direct serial receiver hookup.
- It has a powerful F3 class processor for high performance.
- It is crash resistant with its strong 4mm thick CF plates.
- It has a multifunctional Fusion Gen2 Flight controller.
- Its critical parameters can be viewed on the full graphics OSD for future updates.
- It does not offer a stable fly since it’s a racing quadcopter.
- It is relatively expensive.
- It requires technical knowledge to understand its components.
ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro Images
The ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro has lots of improvements from its predecessor that make it a powerful drone of any racer’s dreams. It is characterized by a sturdy but light frame, that is virtually unbreakable whenever it hits an object on its way. Its predecessor had tubular CF arms that are foldable, whereas this drone’s arms are fixed.
The Vortex 250 Pro is a great drone that will not crash easily, even if it hits against any object because of its 4mm carbon fiber flat plates. It has been designed to be durable. For these reasons, this drone provides great value for money.
ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro Video Review
ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro Specifications and Features:
1. Its second Generation Fusion Flight Controller is one of the attractive features of Vortex 250 Pro due to its optimal performance. The F1 class processor of the Vortex 285 is improved to the recent state of the art F3 class processor that comes with a 2MB Blackbox log storage embedded in the processor. The port is designed for a serial receiver hookup of 5V and 3.3V supply options.
2. It has 12 M3 aluminum spacers that are wrapped in a custom plastic for enhanced durability. The 2mm carbon fiber top-plate adds more durability coupled with 2mm FR4 skid plates for crash resistance.
3. It comes with a set of 8 24-bit RGB LEDs on its tail and put between the upper and lower frames for security. They are controlled by the 32-bit ARM processor. You can display anything with these lights including as indicators to either the left or right direction when racing with other pilots.
4. Each arm of this drone has its own dedicated function. For instance, there is an arm dedicated to the functions of the flight controller, the other for LEDs, another for the custom ESCs and the last for a full-graphic on-screen display with EzOSD pedigree.
5. With the full graphic OSD, you can view the critical parameters that need updating, so that your drone continues performing without any hidden faults. The menu helps you program the options in the field using the R/C Tx, LCD screen, or the goggles.
|ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro Specifications|
|Max Flight Distance||2km|
|Battery||3s or 4s LiPo|
|CAMERA||FatShark 700TVL v2 CMOS|
ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro Camera Quality & Specifications:
The Vortex 250 Pro doesn’t come with an included camera but has a shock-absorbing camera mount that is compatible with a GoPro ¾ HD camera or a flight cam. The mount is well placed between the frames and requires no additional accessory to it. Because of its adjustable bracket, you can simply tilt the camera.
The OSD (on-screen display) helps you choose video channels directly on the RC transmitter. The video functions well with a variety of Raceland channels such as the DJI, Team Black Sheep, FatShhark, and Boscam. With the Vortex 250’s Raceland, 8 pilots can fly together and all its channels are within the US Ham radio bandwidth.
To reduce radio interference with other flights, this drone has a dynamic power control as a new interference-reduction feature. The interference is reduced when the drone is ready to fly or disarmed to reduce the risk of radio interference when flying with other pilots.
ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro Battery Life:
The ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro doesn’t have a battery that they offer. They instead recommend a 3s or 4s Lithium-Polyester battery upon which you can determine the flight time. You have to buy a battery separately from the package.
ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro Price Range:
The ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro comes with two options for buying the foam packaging for $479 or the zipper case at $499. This price is inclusive of all other components like the flight controller except the compatible receivers, GoPro ¾ camera, and the battery that have to be purchased separately. Your total costs could range between $479 and $1000, depending on the option you opt for when buying this racing quadcopter.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can it be charged in european AC as well?
Sure, it may be charged. But You should get a US to EU Plug Adapter to attach it in Europe.
Does it come with the battery charger?
The radio controller has an inbuilt rechargeable battery and comes with a micro USB cable to plug immediately into it for charging. the drone battery could be recharged whereas hooked up to spark. It wants an android micro USB cable to plug immediately into the drone for recharging.
Can you fly it out of the box without buying anything else?
This depends upon what package deal you buy. Some packages don’t include the hand-held distant and you could purchase it individually. The “Fly Extra” combo will include every little thing you want.
What is the video transmission range?
It’s presupposed to be 500 meters, nevertheless, it depends upon the fly situations.
Do you need a cell phone to fly this drone or is it only for video feeds?
You possibly can fly it with the cellphone however that sucks–get distant. You get no “suggestions” while you fly ANY drone with sliding your fingers on the glass. Attempt driving you’re automotive with fingers transferring a video steering wheel in your cellphone display screen. Sucks proper?
Does it come with propeller protectors?
No, it doesn’t include propeller protectors. The gadgets included are: