Parrot Jumping Sumo Drone Review. Parrot is trying to expand the reach of its consumer drone products with two new gadgets now available to buy, the Jumping Sumo and the Rolling Spider. The names are slightly silly, just like the products themselves, which give you a taste of the full drone experience at a fraction of the price, and which are probably best for kids new to the world of smartphone-controlled robots and people who think the AR Drone looks cool but aren’t willing to spend wads of cash to find out.
Parrot Jumping Sumo Drone is not a “fly and fly only” business anymore, but rather a “roll, roll, jump and roll again” trend. This tiny two-wheeled Parrot Mini Drone Jumping Sumo incorporates both awesome designs and unmatched ground arts. You will get detailed information about the specifications, features, camera performance, battery life, price range and more about the Jumping Sumo in the Parrot Jumping Sumo Drone Review and Specifications.
Here is our Parrot Jumping Sumo Drone Review (By GeekyViews Experts)
? If you have used or if you are using this drone, please leave your Parrot Jumping Sumo Drone review in the comments below and help our readers choose.
The score is given after real-world test by the expert. Pros and Cons are also mentioned. If something is missing in Parrot Jumping Sumo Drone Review and Specifications then feel free to add them in the comment section.
- It is very easy to control.
- The drone is perfect for immersive video shooting or live recording.
- Its battery can last up to 20 minutes in comparison to the shorter battery time of between 6-9 minutes of most other drones.
- It is very stable as it can rotate, dance and even jump on its wheels.
- It is highly durable.
- It gets easily damaged because of heavy jumping.
- It encounters some connectivity problems as well.
Parrot Jumping Sumo Drone Images
Top 10 Best Pick By the GV Experts
The new Parrot Jumping Sumo Drone feature designs tailored to their unique purposes – the Jumping Sumo is squat, heavier, and features a long ‘tail’ type appendage to facilitate its trademark leaping ability. This drone is perhaps the easiest drone to set up. All that one needs to do is to insert the battery in the battery slot that is located close to the top part of the drone from the rear.
When done correctly, the two eye-like lights from the front of the drone will light as an indication of it working. It has two sturdy wheels for rolling and a stabilization rear foot. From the front, two uniquely placed lights are adjacent to the drone camera. These lights are one opposite the other forming something that looks like a parrot’s eyes.
A slightly slanted front crowns the look and enhances its speed. When you need to achieve a higher speed of up to 2 m/s, you will need to push the wheels inward. The plastic pads that cover the feet of the drone are essential to absorb shock when the drone makes a jump or when performing acrobatics like dancing. The drone is capable of jumping to heights of 2.5 inches/80cm with the aid of an internal string.
Parrot Jumping Sumo Drone Video Review
Parrot Jumping Sumo Drone Specifications and Features
1. With the help of the rear feet and the two wheels, the drone is capable of both 900 and 1800 turns in a blink of an eye.
2. With the Jumping Sumo app, you will be able to take immersed snapshots, videos, and even live-streams for sharing in the Parrot Cloud with other pilots or on social media sites.
3. You surely won’t need any prior experience in flying UAVs with this tiny drone as it is more like playing a computer game. When everything is well set, a clear ground-level view of the world will emerge on your screen. To control the drone, you’ll simply play a game on your device.
4. You can actually have Sumo perform some acrobatics like doing a 360degree ground turn and a 90degree air turn. More advanced capabilities like dancing, flipping and such as acrobatics can be reached through systematic programming as one keeps learning the “road plan”
5. The simplified controls have some advantages: it makes it easier to line up the drone for jumping up on ledges or across divides, which is a lot of the fun of the ground-only Jumping Sumo. The live camera helps here, too, despite the low-resolution feed.
|Parrot Jumping Sumo Drone Specifications|
|Max Flight Distance||50m|
|Battery||4S 5250mAh LiPo|
|WI-FI||2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz|
Parrot Jumping Sumo Drone Camera Quality & Specifications
The Jumping Sumo has a camera that can deliver streaming wide-angle video, albeit at low 640 x 489 resolution and just 15fps to a controlling smartphone or tablet, but neither of these drones is really designed for photography. Instead, their main purpose is fun, and the design decisions made in each case supports a few main functions, including aerial tricks for the Rolling Spider and both vertical and horizontal jumping capabilities for the Jumping Sumo.
Parrot Jumping Sumo Drone Battery Life
The drone is packed with one Lithium-Ion battery. You can charge the drone at the comfort of a laptop with the aid of the micro-USB support. It takes approximately 90 minutes to charge it fully and will discharge after 20 minutes of continuous use. To preserve the lifespan of the battery, you should wait for it to be completely drained and then recharge it completely.
Don’t cut corners on this if you want the battery to resist at optimal parameters for longer. One should be ultra-careful when placing the battery. In order to avoid the chances of easy breakage, one should ensure the battery is inserted completely.
Parrot Jumping Sumo Drone Price Range
The complete package of the original Parrot Jumping Sumo Drone currently costs anything between $70 and $120. Considering the fact that it comes completely assembled and has an accompanying free-to-download control application, this drone could be among the cheapest drones in the market.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does this drone has obstacle sensors?
Sure, it has sensors on the entrance and backside of the drone. It additionally has some sort of sensing to detect if it hits one thing whereas going up. Mine hit some branches of a tree as soon as and it stopped and lowered altitude a bit after which hovered.
Can police track your drone?
As a result of there isn’t a present methodology of reliably monitoring the gadgets, current laws sometimes require civilian hobbyists and industrial operators to maintain their drones inside 400 toes of the bottom and within reach.
Can the Spark be flown indoors?
It might probably. I might go very slowly and have the prop guards on. This can be a quick drone so for those who primarily wish to fly indoors there are less expensive choices.
How long does it take to charge a battery via included usb cable?
When utilizing a normal USB charger, it takes 80 minutes to completely cost a battery. When utilizing a Charging Hub, it takes 52 minutes to completely cost one battery, 55 minutes when charging two batteries and 85.2 minutes when charging three batteries on the identical time.
Do Military drones have weapons?
An unmanned fight aerial automobile (UCAV), also called a fight drone, is an unmanned aerial automobile (UAV) that often carries plane ordnance similar to missiles, ATGMs, and/or bombs and is used for drone strikes.