Yuneec Typhoon G Review. Yuneec is a Chinese drone/quadcopter company that is mostly known for creating great quality products at a good price. They might not be as big as the DJIs but their drones cannot just be regarded as something lesser than the Chinese giant’s air birds. They have recently launched Yuneec Typhoon G which is a powerful drone that is renowned for its exotic aerial photography/videography and versatile maneuvers.
It is ideal for photography enthusiasts, whether capturing the much needed real estate aerial footage, picturesque mountains, 3D mapping, or agricultural land. To read about the specifications, features, camera performance, battery life. price range and more you have to go through our Yuneec Typhoon G Review and Specifications.
Here is our Yuneec Typhoon G Review (By GeekyViews Experts)
? If you have used or if you are using this drone, please leave your Yuneec Typhoon G review in the comments below and help our readers choose.
The score is given after real-world test by the expert. Pros and Cons are also mentioned. If something is missing in Yuneec Typhoon G Review and Specifications then feel free to add them in the comment section.
- It has 3 main flight modes: Angle, Home and Smart mode.
- It comes with the 3-axis Gimbal for a smooth aerial footage.
- It includes a handheld SteadyGrip.
- It has an integrated 5.5 inch LCD for the remote controller.
- Its video transmission range is limited, not over 400m.
- It has a limited flight time.
- It doesn't include a camera, one has to purchase a new one.
- It doesn't have an integrated mobile app to control the drone.
Yuneec Typhoon G Images
Here Our Top 10 Best Pick
Yuneec Typhoon G is a great drone that will be appealing to both novice and experienced pilots due to its dynamic flight modes. You just need to acquaint yourself with the maneuverability of the controller in issuing commands to this drone.
In turn, those commands enable custom-made aerial images and HD videos that the GoPro camera is capable of producing with the support of the featured Gimbal. The Yuneec Typhoon G embraces a big design with dimensions 8.3 x 16.5 x 16.5 inches without rotors. It also weighs 2.5 pounds, which is relatively heavier than other quadcopters.
It is compact and portable to be fit in a sized box with Styrofoam inserts or a backpack. This helps when traveling to various places to capture your beloved aerial footage. Furthermore, it is made of a frame, which is not easy to break. Its propellers are also sturdy, so the drone will certainly take you long before you can replace it.
Yuneec Typhoon G Video Review
Yuneec Typhoon G Specifications and Features:
1. Yuneec Typhoon G has a unique feature called SteadyGrip. It can connect to the 3-axis Gimbal to take footage of the same quality from the ground. This is the feature most admired and adored by filmmakers that they can take aerial footage from the ground.
2. It has a Smart Flight Mode which provides you with great commands such as “watch me”, “geo-fencing”, “dynamic return to home”, and “follow me”. In response to this Smart mode, the drone will move in the direction relative to the pilot regardless of where its nose is pointing.
3. It has an Angle Flight Mode which enables the drone to move in the direction that is relative to its nose under the command of your control stick. If the nose is pointing towards you, for example, it will move towards you. If you command it to move to the right, whereas its nose is pointing to the left, it will have to run first.
4. It is enabled by the GPS lock, it can fly linearly towards you by default. This may be helpful for novice pilots in case they get stuck with the remote controller commands. Even more helpful could be when the drone has run out of the battery or lost signal, and you are desperate to land it. This is the Home Flight Mode feature which will be essential in that instance.
5. This drone also has a sun shield to help take a clear picture in bright sunlight. Had it not been this sun shield, more aerial images would have a compromised quality and clarity.
|Yuneec Typhoon G Specifications|
|Max Flight Distance||0.36|
|WI-FI||2.4 GHz/5 GHz|
Yuneec Typhoon G Camera Quality & Specifications:
The camera is not included in the package, and you should buy it separately, but only the recommended and the compatible GoPro cameras such as the HERO3+ AND HERO4 which are to be mounted on the 3-axis Gimbal. Gimbal provides smooth and stabilized images through the GoPro models.
The Gimbal is also compatible with First Person View “FPV” video transmission, although the transmission is more limited to 400 meters. That is certainly a drawback because of higher altitude – it loses signals. Nonetheless, it captures great and scenic videos in its ranges.
Yuneec Typhoon G Battery Life:
The Yuneec Typhoon G comes with its compatible Lithium-polymer battery of 5400 mAh. It is reported that the maximum flight time is 25 minutes in the normal day without any strong winds or harsh temperatures. However, tests show that the average flight time is less and is approximately 15 minutes.
The remote controller will have a buzz with a signal at 25% of the battery level that they have to land down so that you can recharge the battery. It is advisable to have spare batteries to avoid an hour-long wait of recharging your Li-polymer battery. It is apparent that the flight time is dependent upon the weather conditions as well as the strength of the battery.
If you have planned to fly more than 25 minutes, you will have to have spare batteries to quickly replace the depleted ones. As for stronger winds, the solution is to pause flying the drone until they have vanished in order to avoid uncalled crashes and to lengthen the flight time.
Yuneec Typhoon G Price Range:
The Typhoon G alone, without additional accessories, can cost you about $899 which is the best value for money considering the features brought to the table. It is such a versatile drone with custom flight modes to choose from. The additional costs could emerge from the purchase of the GoPro camera, and that will depend on the model that you purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to register my drone with the faa?
Sure. As of 2018 all drone weighing greater than .5lbs once more must be registered (spark is .66 I feel). Exhausting to comply with on FAA web site however here is a hyperlink with normal information:
What’s the video format?
Mp4 is the video format.
The data cable for conecting the controller to the phone is included in this package?
You cannot join the drone to the cellphone by a cable (in any other case it ought to be 500 meters to fly away)
Possibly you imply the distant controller? This one connects additionally by WLAN, however, you should utilize an OTG cable for that.
The Spark comes with a distance solely within the fly extra combo or in that provide (free distant management…)
Does this drone shoot vertical video?
It doesn’t shoot vertical video.
Do you need a cell phone to fly this drone or is it only for video feeds?
You possibly can fly it with the cellphone however that sucks–get distant. You get no “suggestions” while you fly ANY drone with sliding your fingers on the glass. Attempt driving you’re automotive with fingers transferring a video steering wheel in your cellphone display screen. Sucks proper?
Can I take this drone on an international flight?
Sure. In addition to different drones you may take drones to different international locations, nevertheless, relying on the international locations customs and drone flying laws it’s important to do your analysis first. I’ve flown in Philippines and China.