Best Watch For Blind! Usually, when blind people stand in the crossing or on the roads, there are always a few people around them who look to help them in some way or the other. Be it helping them with the general direction advice, or the low warning of the running signal, there are always a few gems of people helping out the blind. We usually call these people life saviors or refer to them as great invaluable helpers of human society. But in this, we often fail to look at the situation from the point of view of blind people.
Table Of Contents
There are Countless blind people who are very much talented in different fields. Some blind people have extraordinary creative skills. We must help them by providing the equipment required to showcase their talent like a 3d pen. We must help blind people in each way so that they can fulfill their dream. Some of the people around the world are blind but extraordinary in sports, for example, swimming. Providing them the right equipment like swimming goggles and a talking watch will help a blind person to practice daily and improve his or her skills.
We do not usually think from the perspective of blind people, as to how they feel upon being helped. Do they feel extremely grateful!? or Do they feel the pity these people show towards them!? We should try to find out this before unintentionally doing something which might hurt someone else.
If we look closely at some blind people’s reactions we would usually find them being annoyed by the fact someone else had to say a word to them about the crossing without them asking them for the same. We might not always understand the value these little things might hold in someone else’s life. These little things can hurt or sometimes even destroy these people’s sentiments and mental ability to appreciate the help and look at life in a good way.
This very well means people must stop thinking or reacting too generously towards physically disabled people. People should look at these people the same way as they generally would look at any other normal person. Blind people are part of this human society and they deserve the same respect and humility as any other man or woman does. In this article, we are going to discuss all the details about a blind watch and also recommend the Best Watch For Blind.
Here we have listed the top 3 best watches for the blind after testing and using various products from different brands. If you are planning to buy a low vision watch don’t worry just select among these 3 best products. If you want to know more about Best Watch For Blind then you must go through the entire article.
Quick Listback to menu ↑
Top Pick Up’s From GV Expert’s
Best Large Display Watches: XINJIA Electronics
Best Braille Watches: Cibric
Best Talking Watches: Five Senses
Best waterproof talking watch for the blind: Maxids
Best Atomic talking watches for the blind: Five Senses
Definitionback to menu ↑
What Are Visually Impaired Watches?
Sometimes, it’s better to leave these people on their own and not worry too much about them. It’s quite obvious that if they would need help, they would themselves ask for it. These days with the changing and developing technology there are several gadgets which are and which will be coming out in the market.
For blind people specifically, several gadgets have been introduced by developers to aid their lives and make them help themselves. One such gadget is the Watch For Blind Or Watch For Visually Impaired People. These watches are primarily built for individuals with visual impairment who encounter many obstacles in their daily lives.
Typesback to menu ↑
Types Of Watches For Blind
Nowadays, there are several ways of finding out time. You can either use your smartphone call out your phone assistant to speak out the time for you. Or you can even have talking watches for blinds. But, in case you are looking for something more discreet and unique then there are many other unique options for blind people. The watches for the blind are an interesting gadget out there for blind people.
This gadget is so cool and unique that even normal people use it as a luxury watch. It is unique because it has a stark, circular titanium face. These watches do not have any hands or any numbers. There is a small aluminum ball that rotates in the center around a groove, this indicates the time. Here are some types of Best Watch For Blind. you must buy the Best Watch For Blind if you want to fully utilize the gadget.back to menu ↑
Best Large Display Watches
Watches with large and bold displays and numbers engraved in them are known as large screen watches. These watches are generally for people who have less vision or impaired vision. The large screen and bold numbers and letters in the watch help the person to see the time very easily. Several brands offer large-screen watches.
XINJIA Electronic Watch for The Middle-Aged Blind People
- This is one of the Best Watch For Blind thata allows you to set the time very easily.
- This low vision watches also has an alarm function that can prompt the time at the time the alarm is set.
- You can press the talking button of the watch. once pressed the watch can tell the time. you also can turn on and off the automatic hourly timekeeping function.
- this low vision watches has a larger front display, louder volume and very much user friendly.
- It allows setting time very easily.
- the talking feature allows blind people to know the time very easily.
- It is very user friendly
- It is not highly durable.
XINJIA Electronic Elderly Watches With English Voice
- This is one of the best watch for blind and visually impaired person as it comes with large front display and a louder volume.
- This visualy impaired watches has an alarm function that helps you to remind any activity which is to be done on a particular time. You can also change the alarm tone according to your wish.
- The talking feature makes it very easy for a blind person to know the exact time.
- This is the best visualy impaired watches for middile aged person who are visualy impaired or blind.
- It has a large front screen and a louder volume.
- You have an option to set the alarm according to your requirement.
- The talking feature allows a blind person to tell the exact time.
- It is very comfortable and easy to use.
- It is not highly durable.
Best Braille Watches
Braille watches are the Best Watch For the Blind. It has raised surfaces that allow people with vision loss to know the time just by touching it. There are two types of braille watches in the market, one is the digital braille watch and another one is the analog braille watch. knowing The time in digital braille watches are much easy as the dots continue to change position according to time. The analog braille watch contains raised surface that allows the person to just touch it and know the exact time. Person Using an analog braille watch must be an expert in braille alphabets to know the exact time. Here is some Best Watch For Blind.
Cirbic Large Braille Watch for Visually Impaired
- It is another best watch for blind as it is very easy to use. You just need to tap on the 2 pm button and it will tell you the exact time and date in clear and loud voice.
- One can tell the time by touching the numbers engraved in the watch or just activate the voice announcement.
- It provides you with an audio instruction that is very easy to follow to set date time and alarm.
- The loud and clear voice helps the people with hearing issues to listen the time announcements clearly.
- It comes with pre-installed battery and the time is set to EST time.
- It is very easy to use.
- Just tapping on the 2 pm button will tell you the exact time and date.
- It gives audio instructions to the users to set times and dates.
- The time announcement voice is very loud and clear.
- It looks great on the wrist of a woman.
- The build-up quality is not up to the mark.
TimeOptics Women’s Talking watch
- This is one of the best watch for blind made up of stainless steel.
- It is a highly durable Braille watch that is completely scratch resistant.
- You can tell the time easily just by touching the engraved digits, or just activate the talking feature that will announce the time and date to you.
- It is very much comfortable on your wrist. This Braille talking watch is also very easy to use.
- It looks very attractive on your wrist.
- It can be the best gift for blind women.
- It is highly durable.
- It is very easy to use.
- the time announcement voice is not clear.
Best Talking Watches
This is also one of the best types of watches for the blind as it tells the time by sound. It is the easiest way to know the time for a blind person. This is also the most common type of blind watch as it tells the time very easily. There are many talking watches of different shapes and sizes in the market manufactured by different brands that you can buy.
Five Senses Atomic top button English talking watch for seniors
Atomic top button English talking watch for seniors blind men women talking loud sound talking clock gift for visually impaired -for UK and USA user only- 5 senses 1095
- This is one of the best talking watches for blind, as it automatically sets the time and calendar with the help of the radio atomic clock signal.
- This is one of the best atomic talking watches for blind that tells you the time date day and signal reception status. This is the easiest way to know the right time for a blind person.
- The voice used is very much clear and loud.
- It is also useful for people with low vision as the LCD digits used n this watch are very easy to read.
- Very comfortable on your wrist and can be used very easily.
- It suits both men and women.
- The voice used is very much clear to understand.
- It uses a radio atomic clock signal to set the time automatically.
- Sometimes it resets to different time zones.
ILA Economical Square Talking Watch
- This is one of the best talking watches for visualy impaired that features daily alarm and every hour announcement once activated.
- comes with a speaker on the watch that tells the exact time, which makes it very easy to know the time for a blind person.
- It is very easy to access as it has side buttons for settings and prompting the time announcements.
- The voice is very loud and clear.
- It has special features like a daily alarm and every hour announcements.
- The voice is clear and loud.
- The side buttons make it very easy to set.
- Very much comfortable on the wrist.
- It is very easy to use.
- It is not that long-lasting.
Historyback to menu ↑
History Of Talking Watch
In the year 1878 Frank Lambert was the person who first invented the talking clock. This type of clock was initially not made for visually impaired people, but later it was found that it can be very useful for blind people to know the exact time very easily.
Buyer’s Guidelinesback to menu ↑
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Watch For Blind
there are many important parameters you must consider before buying the best watch for the blind. Here we have mentioned some important parameters that you should consider before buying low vision watches.
1. Size Of The Screen And The Digits.
This is the most important factor to consider before buying a visually impaired watch. If a watch is having a big screen and big digits engraved in it, a person with very low visibility can see the exact time without any difficulties. You must check that the person you are buying the watch for can see the numbers easily, and then only choose that particular watch.
2. Voice Clarity
This parameter is very important if you are planning to buy a talking watch that announces time to you. This is the easiest way to know the exact time for a blind person. The voice should be loud and clear so that the person can easily hear the time announcements. The talking watches with low and unclear voice is of no use, so you must double-check it before buying.
3. Additional Features
Before buying the best watch for the blind, you must check the additional features a watch is providing. Watches that provide the options of different features, for example, the alarm clock or voice instructions, automatic setting of time using an atomic clock signal, etc. These additional features make the watch more user-friendly and useful for blind people. So you must always go for the watch that is providing extra features.
You must check the durability of the watch you are buying. Most of the brands make fragile watches that easily break after using them for some time. You must choose the best brand that makes durable watches as the risk of breaking down is high for a blind person.
You must consider a watch that is splashproof it makes the watch much safe to use in all types of weather conditions. The water resistance also increases the longevity of the watch.
6. Power source
You must consider the type of power the watch is using. If it is using batteries to function, you must ensure that the batteries are of high quality and long-lasting. The batteries need to be replaced every few years. Some brands offer rechargeable blind watches. You must check that how long the watch will function after getting fully charged. You must go for the watch with the best battery backup and can be easily recharged.
Comfort is a major factor to consider before buying the best watch for the blind. You must ensure that the person is feeling comfortable after wearing the watch. Weight is a major factor that decides the comfort of a watch. You should select a lightweight watch as it is very comfortable on the wrist.
FAQ’sback to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a smartwatch for the blind?
yes, there are smartwatches made for blind and visually impaired persons. The dot watch was the first braille smartwatch that came into the market in the year 2016.
What is a blind watch?
It is a special type of watch designed for visually impaired or blind people. It can be a braille watch that a person can easily touch and tell the time or a talking watch that tells the time in a regular interval.
What are watches for blind people called?
These watches help blind people to know that exact time. The blind people can touch the numbers engraved in the watch and tell the exact time or there are talking watches in the market that announces the time at a regular interval.
How much does a talking watch cost?
There are different brands manufacturing watches for the blind. The price of a watch is directly related to the quality and features it is offering. If you want to buy the best watch for the blind it can cost you approximately 20$ to 300$.
Are atomic watches worth it?
The atomic watch is more accurate than any other kind of watch that is available in the market.
Conclusionback to menu ↑
People with no vision or low vision have the right to know the exact time. The best blind watches are very useful for them as they can easily know which time of the day it is, they don’t have to ask or take help from others.
In this article, we have listed the best blind watches after using and testing various products from different brands. We recommend XINJIA Electronic if you are buying a watch for a middle-aged person with low eyesight. If you are deciding to buy a talking watch you must go for Five Senses. According to our experts, talking watches are best for everyone as a blind person can easily know the exact time just by hearing a time announcement.